New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 23/02/2023 19:01

Posted on 23/02/2023 19:01

£42.90 per night for a non serviced pitch in June with basic facilities. I could get B&B for not much more !! Apparently it would be £57.90 for a non member !!????........... Crazy !

I think your answer is in its popularity. More or less all of May and a fair number of dates in June are shown as low availability. May could have been booked under the old system but for June they would have had to pay deposits.

Perhaps worth trying North Ledaig. We stopped at both last year in September / October and Bunree was £88.20 for three nights, whilst North Ledaig was £71.50 that’s for 2 adults.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2023 19:39

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:36 by Lyke Wake Man

so why can ebay, amazon and all the other online  retailers store your card details on their system

Posted on 23/02/2023 19:39

I asked the same last night but without any response!

Tammygirl replied on 25/02/2023 19:41

Posted on 25/02/2023 19:41

Have just tried out the booking site on my old 15+ years laptop, it runs on Windows 7.  So far I have experienced no issues.

The map worked as it should, prices were displayed for the dates I had entered and changed as I scrolled along the calendar.

I did notice that The Clachan site which was formerly one of the  £17 a night sites is now £20+

KjellNN replied on 25/02/2023 20:15

Posted on 25/02/2023 20:15

We have, reluctantly, booked one CL at £25, but will not go higher than  that.  Thinking we may even use CAMC North York Moors, £23.20 for the time we will be away.  Yorkshire does seem quite expensive.

Would be our only Club site in 2 years.

SteveL replied on 26/02/2023 08:38

Posted on 26/02/2023 08:38

I did notice that The Clachan site which was formerly one of the £17 a night sites is now £20+

Same with Altnaharra our stay in September would cost 22% more. That still seems good value, what doesn’t is that for 3 adults the price has increased by 62%. Similar increases have been applied to both EHU and non EHU pitches. For comparison the next site we stayed at, Durness Sango Sands has increased their price by 10% non EHU and 11.5% EHU. The percentage increases there are the same with more adults. Altnahara is cheaper for children though at £1.7 as against £4, which for families could offset the other differences. Pets are free at both. Basically I suppose it’s very much swings and roundabouts. Comparisons will depend very much on your party make up.

SteveL replied on 26/02/2023 08:52

Posted on 26/02/2023 08:52

Sorry.
I shouldn’t have included the price per child when considering percentage increases, as Durness has facilities. So forget that bit. Suffice it to say they are more.

mikexgough replied on 02/03/2023 14:57

Posted on 02/03/2023 14:57

I've been bemoaning the blasted map search....awful.... I like to see site names and locations rather than price labels.....  so I now use SearchforSites, get the link from there to the actual site page and click book a pitch....boom straight there in double quick time. Also SfS has CLs and other club sites/CS site and independent sites listed. I've only booked 3 for 2023 and booked those before the new system became a "thing"..... I've a week to book early July and another 2 in September and I'll use the SfS way as much easier but also we've used CL's the past 2 years and with decent facilities too but much cheaper than the club sites.  Pretty sure there will be plenty of empty pitches in 2023. I paid €22 for 2 of us and the motorhome inc electric last weekend per night in Belgium on a hard stand. Safe Travels all...... but I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Map Search and how I now book.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook