New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/01/2023 16:56

Posted on 27/01/2023 16:28 by Bonnymike

Information.  Reply from Head of IS, following a complaint by myself in respect of the DOB requirement on booking form, states that "It is our intent to remove this requirement as soon as is practical, and certainly by the end of March. 

Don't hold your breath as "which year" not quoted.

Posted on 27/01/2023 16:56

It is rumoured that is an upgrade to be introduced in February/March so it might be part of that? I don't particularly object to giving my DOB but I can see that without it the system would be slight quicker and appease those that do object. Personally I think there are more important things to be sorted around the deposit system that we were not aware of when the system was introduced. What I have in mind is the extra charges around amending bookings and losing part of the deposit which was never mentioned when prior to the the system being  introduced. 

David

replied on 27/01/2023 17:48

Posted on 27/01/2023 16:56 by DavidKlyne

It is rumoured that is an upgrade to be introduced in February/March so it might be part of that? I don't particularly object to giving my DOB but I can see that without it the system would be slight quicker and appease those that do object. Personally I think there are more important things to be sorted around the deposit system that we were not aware of when the system was introduced. What I have in mind is the extra charges around amending bookings and losing part of the deposit which was never mentioned when prior to the the system being  introduced. 

David

Posted on 27/01/2023 17:48

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JollyKernow replied on 27/01/2023 18:57

Posted on 27/01/2023 17:48 by

Brace for more chaos then 😂😁.

What intrigues me is that according to certain customer facing staff, some of whom post on CT, they were able to test out the first iteration of the system prior to launch.  So, what went wrong there?  

Posted on 27/01/2023 18:57

Well, back in the summer we

JollyKernow replied on 27/01/2023 20:36

Posted on 27/01/2023 20:36

Ha, sorry just had an onsite emergency, had to run, I pressed the reply button by mistake. All ok nowsmile One thing after another today but I'm off duty now, time for a large onelaughing

JK

nelliethehooker replied on 27/01/2023 21:21

Posted on 27/01/2023 20:36 by JollyKernow

Ha, sorry just had an onsite emergency, had to run, I pressed the reply button by mistake. All ok nowsmile One thing after another today but I'm off duty now, time for a large onelaughing

JK

Posted on 27/01/2023 21:21

Enjoy your drink, JK, but what we're you going to say?

JollyKernow replied on 27/01/2023 21:52

Posted on 27/01/2023 21:52

Any "event" on site means recording a paper trail. Just finished that (21.30) I'm not really interested now tbh Nellie, the stress levels don't tend to subside as quickly as I get older! I've only come back on the website to book a couple of sites, which as it goes I've done pretty easily on the trusty laptop.

JK

paulmold replied on 30/01/2023 12:27

Posted on 30/01/2023 12:27

More and more reported problems on FB groups, people booking via website only to have 'booking cancelled ' appear at the end   yet money taken from bank  resulting in phone calls to booking centre to find booking still stands. What on earth is going on.

Hja replied on 30/01/2023 12:43

Posted on 30/01/2023 12:43

Seems to me the most reliable way of booking is to phone up in the first place!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook