New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

EmilysDad replied on 25/01/2023 18:41

Posted on 25/01/2023 17:28 by Cornersteady

well to be fair this site isn't down every night for maintenance but fair point.

I wonder though which affected more people? I mean really affected in business terms with no teams, no email? 

Posted on 25/01/2023 18:41

... I wonder though which affected more people? I mean really affected in business terms with no teams, no email? 

Also fair point! 😉

SteveL replied on 26/01/2023 12:47

Posted on 26/01/2023 12:32 by cyberyacht

I wonder if that's some friends of Mad Vlad?

Posted on 26/01/2023 12:47

I suppose Microsoft could get away with that as an excuse, but I think it unlikely he would target the CAMC.😂

replied on 26/01/2023 20:56

Posted on 26/01/2023 12:47 by SteveL

I suppose Microsoft could get away with that as an excuse, but I think it unlikely he would target the CAMC.😂

Posted on 26/01/2023 20:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 27/01/2023 08:24

Posted on 26/01/2023 12:47 by SteveL

Posted on 27/01/2023 08:24

I was thinking about Microsoft rather than CAMC. As has been observed, they don't require outside assistance in screwing things up.

geoffeales replied on 27/01/2023 11:52

Posted on 27/01/2023 11:52

I've just used the new system for the first time and my blood pressure must be through the roof! I don't intend to plough through 3000 previous comments but I wonder if anyone has mentioned the slow and archaic process of having to repeat details of numbers, outfit and towing vehicle every time I check site availability? Surely the technology's there to read those details straight off our profile and give the option to make changes rather than repeat the same stuff over and over again? Really poor system!

brue replied on 27/01/2023 12:16

Posted on 27/01/2023 12:16

If you are signed in your vehicle details should appear when you check availability on a site. eg if I type in Hillhead and then click on the availability box I can then click on my vehicle details which have been saved and then select a pitch type. I don't bother with filling out the number in party etc until I see an available date and price etc.

If you don't sign in the system won't know who you are and you will have to repeat all the extra input.

The DOB bit is a sticking point for everyone, that is quite an issue and the club say they are re-considering this part of the booking process which can involve multiple repeat  inputs.

SteveL replied on 27/01/2023 12:32

Posted on 27/01/2023 11:52 by geoffeales

I've just used the new system for the first time and my blood pressure must be through the roof! I don't intend to plough through 3000 previous comments but I wonder if anyone has mentioned the slow and archaic process of having to repeat details of numbers, outfit and towing vehicle every time I check site availability? Surely the technology's there to read those details straight off our profile and give the option to make changes rather than repeat the same stuff over and over again? Really poor system!

Posted on 27/01/2023 12:32

My method. I log in. Input site name I am interested in, press search, press check availability, change number of adults to 2 and select pitch type. That ensures the prices I see are what I will pay. I then scroll through the calendar to when I am interested and if available and I am happy with the price select the dates. It’s only at that stage I go back and input my outfit, which is available from the drop down list as I am logged in. As you can now book specific pitch types, there is bound to be one more selection before you can check availability.
I don’t find it any more onerous than the old system. To be fair with that  there were a number of times that posters complained about no availability because they didn’t scroll down and see all pitch types.

Bonnymike replied on 27/01/2023 16:28

Posted on 27/01/2023 16:28

Information.  Reply from Head of IS, following a complaint by myself in respect of the DOB requirement on booking form, states that "It is our intent to remove this requirement as soon as is practical, and certainly by the end of March. 

Don't hold your breath as "which year" not quoted.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook