New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2023 10:55

Posted on 24/01/2023 10:55

The one thing to be wary of (in my experience) is asking Joe Public what he/she/they might think is a good idea. I can think of two recent examples that clearly indicate that Joe Public thinks only of No 1, no real regard for any implications further down the road to their Nirvana. One is the new booking system, and the second, wellšŸ¤·‍ā™€ļø Best not go thereā˜¹ļø

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 24/01/2023 11:19

Posted on 24/01/2023 10:21 by SteveL

There may be questions and complaints over the new booking system, however it is likely folk will get over them. From the staying on site point of view there are certainly a lot of satisfied customers and it is unlikely they are going to go elsewhere just due to inconveniences with the booking system.

copied from Februarys mag

Your feedback counts!
We would like to thank members for taking the time to send feedback to the Club during 2022. Your feedback and suggestions help to shape the future of the Club in so many ways ā€“ here are a few examples.

UK Club Campsites
Between January and November 2022 around 60,000 of you took part in our Welcome Home survey, covering all aspects of your stays from arrival onwards. The average rating you gave us for ā€˜Overall experienceā€™ was 8.9/10, while ā€˜Customer serviceā€™ scored a fantastic 9.3/10. Visitorsā€™ likelihood to recommend sites was also extremely high.

Posted on 24/01/2023 11:19

+1 SL, I dropped my membership but it had nothing at all to do with the sites or even prices. Sites, staff, prices & general experience I’d score highlyšŸ‘šŸ»

Cornersteady replied on 24/01/2023 13:24

Posted on 24/01/2023 10:21 by SteveL

There may be questions and complaints over the new booking system, however it is likely folk will get over them. From the staying on site point of view there are certainly a lot of satisfied customers and it is unlikely they are going to go elsewhere just due to inconveniences with the booking system.

copied from Februarys mag

Your feedback counts!
We would like to thank members for taking the time to send feedback to the Club during 2022. Your feedback and suggestions help to shape the future of the Club in so many ways ā€“ here are a few examples.

UK Club Campsites
Between January and November 2022 around 60,000 of you took part in our Welcome Home survey, covering all aspects of your stays from arrival onwards. The average rating you gave us for ā€˜Overall experienceā€™ was 8.9/10, while ā€˜Customer serviceā€™ scored a fantastic 9.3/10. Visitorsā€™ likelihood to recommend sites was also extremely high.

Posted on 24/01/2023 13:24

I've posted before that while sites keep up the high standards people will want to keep going to  them and keep booking them.

anglian replied on 24/01/2023 15:10

Posted on 24/01/2023 15:10

Having just clicked on the  Late Availability link, the page shows campsites beginning with Minehead and ending with York. Where are the campsites beginning with A?

SteveL replied on 24/01/2023 16:57

Posted on 24/01/2023 15:10 by anglian

Having just clicked on the  Late Availability link, the page shows campsites beginning with Minehead and ending with York. Where are the campsites beginning with A?

Posted on 24/01/2023 16:57

Hard to believe really, they update the list, find Poolsbrook but loose everything above M.

Does nobody check anything? There are definitely vacancies at sites starting A to M.

DSB replied on 24/01/2023 17:50

Posted on 24/01/2023 17:50

Well, I shall soon be using the new system again to book (only used it once for real, so far!).  I've done a few 'dummy runs'.  For me, the main issues are:

• The search will only show up the top 20 sites in list view.
  • Now that we can book pitch types, when I put my dates in, I want to be able to specify 'hardstandings', 'serviced pitches' etc and just for those sites with availability in my chosen pitch type to come up in the search results.  At present, I have to go into each site individually to check whether the pitch type I want is available.
  • I also miss not being able to specify sites within a 50 mile, 100 mile radius of the chosen 'location'.

The Club are aware of these 'personal requests', but I guess the priority depends on the practicalities and how many others have flagged up these things up as 'requirements'.

David

brue replied on 24/01/2023 18:01

Posted on 24/01/2023 18:01

I've used the system twice now but must admit I was forearmed due to discussions on here. I might find it a bit challenging if I discovered the set up without any prior knowledge.

I see the Late Availability has altered, but it's not a proper update. Looks like the list is limited to ten sites at present. The feedback needs to continue. smile

peedee replied on 25/01/2023 08:38

Posted on 25/01/2023 08:38

It does seem to be never ending CY. I was prepared to give them time to sort it out but it just seems to jump from one problem to another. Patience is wearing very thin.

peedee

KjellNN replied on 25/01/2023 09:50

Posted on 25/01/2023 09:50

Although we have not used a Club site for 2 years, there is a no facilities site which may be well placed for our April tour, so decided to check it out to see if it offered good value now that prices are higher on many CLs.

Basically I just want to see if there are pitches available for our dates, and the price for 2 people, I do not want to make a booking at this stage.

As far as I can remember the price is the same (at the moment) whether you have a caravan, a MH or a campervan, and does not go on size.  So I really do not want to have to enter my caravan size, the Club already has those details, or my car details as that is irrelevant, just to see a price.

I like the fact that the calendar shows the prices for different dates once you get that far, but needing to fill in all these details, when the club either already has them, or they make no difference, is tiresome.

Then if I want to look at a different site, I have to do it all over again.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook