New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 22/01/2023 13:41

Posted on 22/01/2023 13:41

Content has been removed.

PandsGT60 replied on 22/01/2023 14:26

Posted on 22/01/2023 14:26

Hi I've just tried to book a cl for an overnight stop I've given up after being dropped out multiple times. Looking at the map for sites close to my route is almost impossible as there are no road numbers shown on the map. What a shambles.

Tinwheeler replied on 22/01/2023 14:48

Posted on 22/01/2023 14:26 by PandsGT60

Hi I've just tried to book a cl for an overnight stop I've given up after being dropped out multiple times. Looking at the map for sites close to my route is almost impossible as there are no road numbers shown on the map. What a shambles.

replied on 22/01/2023 18:00

Posted on 22/01/2023 18:00

Content has been removed.

K Brown replied on 22/01/2023 18:58

Posted on 22/01/2023 18:58

No, not really. Just a few ordinary folk trying to make a booking. Compared to the previous system which was was easy to use. Why do you think there are so many negative responses? We are not all not dinosaurs stuck in the past, but when the new system is so obviously flawed, surely it is time for “management” to accept responsibility for an ill judged roll out. You do not need to be an IT expert to see a badly designed, untested in the real world, system which should never have been signed off to go live.

JollyKernow replied on 22/01/2023 19:23

Posted on 22/01/2023 18:58 by K Brown

No, not really. Just a few ordinary folk trying to make a booking. Compared to the previous system which was was easy to use. Why do you think there are so many negative responses? We are not all not dinosaurs stuck in the past, but when the new system is so obviously flawed, surely it is time for “management” to accept responsibility for an ill judged roll out. You do not need to be an IT expert to see a badly designed, untested in the real world, system which should never have been signed off to go live.

Posted on 22/01/2023 19:23

Posts are Deleted User for breaking the community guidelines KBrown, or if they are duplicated on another thread. Peoples responses about the new booking system are what this thread is about, be they negative or positive. Everyone is entitled to heir opinion unless it breaks those community guidelines.

JK

K Brown replied on 22/01/2023 19:52

Posted on 22/01/2023 19:52

Which is fine. No one wants to enable the key board warriors to dominate the site. However, we still have not seen or heard a sensible response from management regarding the new booking system. 

Do you think it is an improvement? How is it going down with site managers booking in?  I a 68 year old long time member. I appreciate that you may feel that you need to defend the club, however you must accept that the new system is causing issues. 

DavidKlyne replied on 22/01/2023 20:05

Posted on 22/01/2023 19:52 by K Brown

Which is fine. No one wants to enable the key board warriors to dominate the site. However, we still have not seen or heard a sensible response from management regarding the new booking system. 

Do you think it is an improvement? How is it going down with site managers booking in?  I a 68 year old long time member. I appreciate that you may feel that you need to defend the club, however you must accept that the new system is causing issues. 

Posted on 22/01/2023 20:05

The problem is that for everyone who seems to be having difficulties there seems to be as many managing perfectly well. Several posts on Facebook groups recently have said this. If you think about it there must have been thousands of bookings since the new system was introduced so how have they managed, they can't all have rung through to HQ to book?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook