New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Cornersteady replied on 22/01/2023 20:20

Posted on 22/01/2023 19:52 by K Brown

Which is fine. No one wants to enable the key board warriors to dominate the site. However, we still have not seen or heard a sensible response from management regarding the new booking system. 

Do you think it is an improvement? How is it going down with site managers booking in?  I a 68 year old long time member. I appreciate that you may feel that you need to defend the club, however you must accept that the new system is causing issues. 

Posted on 22/01/2023 20:20

I posted at the very beginning that I didn't like the way it was introduced, there were certainly problems in the first few weeks and I didn't then like the new booking system and found it cumbersome to use but in essence we were all stuck with it if wanting a club site. 

Since then I have got to like it somewhat, there are some improvements, and once you have entered in your DOBs (are these being removed did I read?) and know how to use it, it is, if not good, then acceptable. I have done a number of booking and they went through quite quickly. Today was slow at times but no more than a minute or so at some parts. 

I use computer with large screens and book only club sites but some people have reported issues other devices and/or CLs.

There have been hundreds of thousand of booking made we are told so it must work at least some of the time for some of the members.

JollyKernow replied on 22/01/2023 20:30

Posted on 22/01/2023 19:52 by K Brown

Which is fine. No one wants to enable the key board warriors to dominate the site. However, we still have not seen or heard a sensible response from management regarding the new booking system. 

Do you think it is an improvement? How is it going down with site managers booking in?  I a 68 year old long time member. I appreciate that you may feel that you need to defend the club, however you must accept that the new system is causing issues. 

Posted on 22/01/2023 20:30

Where do you think I'm defending the club? I merely advised why posts get Deleted User, that happens in all types of thread because those guidelines are broken.

As DK says there are thousands of people successfully making bookings. There are also a lot who can't. No idea why.

Our system is going ok, I think a lot is down to trying to forget the old and learn the new. I've had 13 years of the old system, sometimes it's hard to forget. 

Personally I've made several bookings since November via the website, a bit clunky and slow but fairly straightforward.

JK

K Brown replied on 22/01/2023 20:36

Posted on 22/01/2023 20:36

Yes, it works. However that is not the same as it being a good investment of however millions. 

We must just accept what we have and hope that in the end most members get the bookings they need, however fraught the process may be. 

DavidKlyne replied on 22/01/2023 22:37

Posted on 22/01/2023 20:36 by K Brown

Yes, it works. However that is not the same as it being a good investment of however millions. 

We must just accept what we have and hope that in the end most members get the bookings they need, however fraught the process may be. 

Posted on 22/01/2023 22:37

I suppose it might depend on how you measure things. The Club clearly needed new software (the old is no longer supported so could eventually lead to more serious difficulties as time goes by). The Club is also asking more of the software in that it requires it to take a deposit and arrange payment on the day of arrival which was not needed on the old system. I am not saying it's perfect and it is probably a bit rough round the edges. There is a rumour that it will be updated in February so we will have to see it that makes a difference? Like most things we often get used to the way they work and after a while accept them, that seems to be taking a bit longer with this system.

David

SteveL replied on 23/01/2023 07:27

Posted on 22/01/2023 22:37 by DavidKlyne

I suppose it might depend on how you measure things. The Club clearly needed new software (the old is no longer supported so could eventually lead to more serious difficulties as time goes by). The Club is also asking more of the software in that it requires it to take a deposit and arrange payment on the day of arrival which was not needed on the old system. I am not saying it's perfect and it is probably a bit rough round the edges. There is a rumour that it will be updated in February so we will have to see it that makes a difference? Like most things we often get used to the way they work and after a while accept them, that seems to be taking a bit longer with this system.

David

Posted on 23/01/2023 07:27

My gripe is not unique to the CAMC, it’s just that they seem more prone to messing things up than other organisations. 
Up until recently I had a web booking system that I was happy with, it worked relatively smoothly on all my devices. OK it was a shaky start but they were getting there, things had definitely improved. I would even go as far as to say I liked it more than the old system. Now we seem to have gone backwards. Same with the App, although I couldn’t see the point of it as it was just another way of accessing the web site, it did at least work. Now after their update  a week or so ago it doesn’t.☹️

brue replied on 23/01/2023 10:51

Posted on 23/01/2023 10:51

I've just reported this on feedback as I see they are missing from open all year info too. If there are further missing sites it might be worth mentioning them. Disappointing to find omissions. frown

SteveL replied on 24/01/2023 10:21

Posted on 24/01/2023 10:21

There may be questions and complaints over the new booking system, however it is likely folk will get over them. From the staying on site point of view there are certainly a lot of satisfied customers and it is unlikely they are going to go elsewhere just due to inconveniences with the booking system.

copied from Februarys mag

Your feedback counts!
We would like to thank members for taking the time to send feedback to the Club during 2022. Your feedback and suggestions help to shape the future of the Club in so many ways – here are a few examples.

UK Club Campsites
Between January and November 2022 around 60,000 of you took part in our Welcome Home survey, covering all aspects of your stays from arrival onwards. The average rating you gave us for ‘Overall experience’ was 8.9/10, while ‘Customer service’ scored a fantastic 9.3/10. Visitors’ likelihood to recommend sites was also extremely high.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook