New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

spaniels replied on 17/01/2023 11:12

Posted on 17/01/2023 11:12

CARE WHEN MAKING CHANGES ON THE NEW BOOKING SYSTEM. For information only

I recently made a booking for a club site in July. Under the new system I paid the 20% deposit with the option to pay the balance on arrival. 

Yesterday I attempted to make a change to the booking on-line. The booking is well outside the 21 day limit but, because I tried to reduce the number of days from 10 to 7, the system tried to charge me a cancellation fee of £50.62. Luckily I spotted this before hitting confirm. 

I had to contact the service centre to get the change made correctly - This certainly is NOT an improvement if this is the way the new service works. I queried it with the agent who indicated this should not have happened. 

Hopefully this was a one off glitch but just in case be vigilant if you are trying to amend a booking. Check carefully.

I have reported this via the feedback forum. 

RobinR replied on 17/01/2023 17:42

Posted on 17/01/2023 17:42

First time trying to use the new booking system and terrible experience.

The server is so slow and using the map is impossible. Even typing this the server stops responding and waiting for text to appear.

Went through all the booking procedure (dates of birth??? What is this all about and I consider it an unnecessary invasion of privacy) but having finally got to the check out and pay the deposit a new browser tab opens titled card capture and displays a blank page. Tried several times  but same result.

So telephoned to try and make a booking where recorded message informs me that many of the problems with the new booking system have been resolved (ha ha) and then says sorry we can't take your call due to exceptionally high levels of calls surprise surprise!

Chelty replied on 19/01/2023 12:22

Posted on 17/01/2023 11:12 by spaniels

CARE WHEN MAKING CHANGES ON THE NEW BOOKING SYSTEM. For information only

I recently made a booking for a club site in July. Under the new system I paid the 20% deposit with the option to pay the balance on arrival. 

Yesterday I attempted to make a change to the booking on-line. The booking is well outside the 21 day limit but, because I tried to reduce the number of days from 10 to 7, the system tried to charge me a cancellation fee of £50.62. Luckily I spotted this before hitting confirm. 

I had to contact the service centre to get the change made correctly - This certainly is NOT an improvement if this is the way the new service works. I queried it with the agent who indicated this should not have happened. 

Hopefully this was a one off glitch but just in case be vigilant if you are trying to amend a booking. Check carefully.

I have reported this via the feedback forum. 

Posted on 19/01/2023 12:22

I too have just tried to amend a booking, shortening the number of days.

The system then tried to make me pay for the whole shortened stay with a figure that was higher than the original booked price for the longer stay.  

What a shambles.

I'm not surprised the phone lines are busy - it's people like me who can't get the system to work as required. 

rogher replied on 21/01/2023 16:16

Posted on 21/01/2023 16:16

I left the Club because of the bureaucracy and incompetence.

I have just returned this year because I needed to use a couple of CAMC sites.

I spent over a hour of my remaining life this afternoon, trying to book a site. At first I decided to use the 'quick pay' (or whatever it was) button when I'd finally got as far as that. A 'whirring thing' appeared for some time, then the page reverted to the start. There having been no request for payment, it was pretty clear that something hadn't worked correctly so I started again (needing to re-enter everything). Same again. On the third attempt, one of my nights was no longer available, so I had to choose a different period. This time I chose to 'save to basket' (or whatever it was) and, lo, I saw a basket containing not only the booking in progress but also my previous attempts to book. - And I thought it was not possible to book more than once or overlapping periods (?) but I had achieved both.

I'm a member, signed-in as a member, ticked the 'members' button, but it still wanted to charge me £59 to become a member! This kind of error hardly fills one with confidence.

I see I can delete an item from my 'basket' but, when I do, there's another 'whirring thing' followed by a return to start without explanation. At first I cannot find how to return to my 'basket' but then think of booking another few nights (I can always cancel, I hope...). This got my back into a cycle of booking more nights, only to delete them from my 'basket' and be returned to the start again before I can reduce the list to just one visit. Is this "Snakes and Ladders", or do I need to throw a double-six (but how)? It may be funny to some but I'm quickly being reminded why I left in the first place.

I stumbled on CT whilst trying to find a solution. It seems that little has changed here, either!

What a shame that such a rich organisation has not progressed from the CC it used to be. I don't expect to continue my membership but i am surprised that this 'Club' has been able to survive...

SteveL replied on 22/01/2023 11:15

Posted on 21/01/2023 16:16 by rogher

I left the Club because of the bureaucracy and incompetence.

I have just returned this year because I needed to use a couple of CAMC sites.

I spent over a hour of my remaining life this afternoon, trying to book a site. At first I decided to use the 'quick pay' (or whatever it was) button when I'd finally got as far as that. A 'whirring thing' appeared for some time, then the page reverted to the start. There having been no request for payment, it was pretty clear that something hadn't worked correctly so I started again (needing to re-enter everything). Same again. On the third attempt, one of my nights was no longer available, so I had to choose a different period. This time I chose to 'save to basket' (or whatever it was) and, lo, I saw a basket containing not only the booking in progress but also my previous attempts to book. - And I thought it was not possible to book more than once or overlapping periods (?) but I had achieved both.

I'm a member, signed-in as a member, ticked the 'members' button, but it still wanted to charge me £59 to become a member! This kind of error hardly fills one with confidence.

I see I can delete an item from my 'basket' but, when I do, there's another 'whirring thing' followed by a return to start without explanation. At first I cannot find how to return to my 'basket' but then think of booking another few nights (I can always cancel, I hope...). This got my back into a cycle of booking more nights, only to delete them from my 'basket' and be returned to the start again before I can reduce the list to just one visit. Is this "Snakes and Ladders", or do I need to throw a double-six (but how)? It may be funny to some but I'm quickly being reminded why I left in the first place.

I stumbled on CT whilst trying to find a solution. It seems that little has changed here, either!

What a shame that such a rich organisation has not progressed from the CC it used to be. I don't expect to continue my membership but i am surprised that this 'Club' has been able to survive...

Posted on 22/01/2023 11:15

I have made bookings in past weeks with no issues but not recently, so I tried a dummy booking. As you mention when I tried to quick checkout it whirred for about 15 seconds, then a second page came up and another 10 seconds of whirring, before in my case putting up the proper page for me to carry on. There is clearly something amiss, perhaps related to the maintenance they carried out this week.  My attempt was on a two year old iPad, running the latest operating system. Other devices and platforms may react differently.

As to it putting your attempts into the basket, that is what should happen if a session is interrupted. When I cancelled my dummy booking it transferred it to the basket,  from where I Deleted User it. You say there were duplicates of your booking in the basket, I assume this is possible because you don’t have a booking for those dates, it is only an intention to book and will time out if you do nothing. As far as I am aware if you have a firm booking for specific dates it will not let you make another one.

brue replied on 22/01/2023 11:53

Posted on 22/01/2023 11:53

I've just tried it, I couldn't get as far as the basket, an error message came up and when I tried the back button my attempts were lost. That's on Android 12.

brue replied on 22/01/2023 12:03

Posted on 22/01/2023 12:03

Tried again and better on the second attempt. I think one of the problems is we're used to faster systems elsewhere and this is lumbering and requires too many actions.

Cornersteady replied on 22/01/2023 12:18

Posted on 22/01/2023 12:18

Tried a dummy run on main computer and yes slow at times, kept me waiting, I didn't time it but well under a minute, maybe 15 to 30 seconds about three times, but I got as far as taking my bank details. It wasn't a slow as this two weeks ago.

Post edit I selected quick checkout.

replied on 22/01/2023 13:27

Posted on 22/01/2023 13:27

Content has been removed.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook