New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

InaD replied on 12/01/2023 23:09

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:33 by paulmold

I have. My review is pending (could take 2 hours apparently).  Can't believe the number of 5 star positive reviews posted today, makes you wonder ! 

Posted on 12/01/2023 23:09

Can't believe the number of 5 star positive reviews posted today, makes you wonder ! 

The cynic in me does wonder indeed; there have been some very negative reports about 5* reviews on the likes of Amazon; as for positive site reviews: totally meaningless as the name of the site is never mentioned in the reviews, so who knows which site it refers to.

JollyKernow replied on 13/01/2023 09:21

Posted on 13/01/2023 07:09 by cyberyacht
Content has been removed.

Posted on 13/01/2023 09:21

Good Morning

I too haven't received the SD, but as I've said earlier in the last SD (0/) ALL the sites phone numbers are grouped together on page 668.

Post Moderated. 

SteveL replied on 13/01/2023 09:44

Posted on 13/01/2023 09:21 by JollyKernow

Good Morning

I too haven't received the SD, but as I've said earlier in the last SD (0/) ALL the sites phone numbers are grouped together on page 668.

Post Moderated. 

Posted on 13/01/2023 09:44

They are in the current one as well JK starting on 699. Very easy to find as they have a separate end of page colour. Although I found it quicker to ask my watch.😂 Came up with the phone number, which it would have called if I asked, distance and directions if required and even the opening times of 13:00 - 20:00. So both high tech and low tech solutions are easily available and folk can use whatever they find easiest or appropriate.

SteveL replied on 13/01/2023 09:51

Posted on 13/01/2023 09:51

What would be nice is if they could get the App working offline and provide contact details and directions within that. It could then work as a replacement for the directory in non 4G areas. 

Hja replied on 13/01/2023 09:52

Posted on 13/01/2023 09:52

TP reviews More site reviews are naming the site.  Maybe someone heard us?! I was surprised at the number of positive magazine reviews. I don’t know what is in the message to those invited review but unless the magazine is specifically mentioned it isn’t something that would come to mind to comment on.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2023 10:11

Posted on 13/01/2023 10:11

I could earn a nice little retirement pot advising on how to fill out a review properly. 5* and complaints/ grumbles don’t really inform potential customers in a coherent, helpful manner……… I’d start with “name that site”😁

paulmold replied on 13/01/2023 10:44

Posted on 13/01/2023 09:52 by Hja

TP reviews More site reviews are naming the site.  Maybe someone heard us?! I was surprised at the number of positive magazine reviews. I don’t know what is in the message to those invited review but unless the magazine is specifically mentioned it isn’t something that would come to mind to comment on.

Posted on 13/01/2023 10:44

This was the request to leave a review, any aspect of the club you like.....(no specific mention of the magazine.)...

'As a valued member, your feedback is hugely important - it helps us to shape your Club around the things that matter most to you.

We’d love it if you could tell us how your overall experience with the Club has been, whether it's UK campsite stays, European and Worldwide holidays, member offers, help and advice or anything your membership gives you access to. Your review could inspire future members and let us know the good things we should keep doing, or any improvements we could make.'

paulmold replied on 13/01/2023 10:56

Posted on 13/01/2023 10:56

I just received this reply to my Trust pilot review......

Hi Paul. Thank you for taking the time to review our services and for the feedback. We have listened carefully to the feedback following the release of our UK booking system in September 22 and have already rolled out many changes to make the system more user friendly for our valued members. We have simplified the map so it's easier to use on a mobile and via the new Club App, which was updated just a few days ago. As you pointed out, we have reintroduced the previous CL search facility as this was indeed a far better system to view the CL spots.
The Late Availability Checker is still on the website:- https://fal.cn/3v4Jy and is updated every few days to show the latest availability for the month ahead. We have altered the system slightly and now show all of the sites with last minute pitches available for you to select and book.
I will certainly make sure that your thoughts are shared with the relevant department. Wishing you a safe and happy touring year ahead~Jamie

With reference to the updated app, there is no 'update' shown but if you uninstall the app and then reinstall it, it does seem to be better and faster loading. 

Unfortunately I tried it to find CL near Minehead,  quicker loading but result was one CL. It is the only one open all year so not much good if you're looking for CL for later in the year. Using the website green booking form , that returns 4 CLs , using the picture 'book a CL' only brings up the one. So definitely not there yet.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook