New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 12/01/2023 15:23

Posted on 12/01/2023 15:02 by Takethedogalong

🤣 I feel sorry for those dealing with answering the reviews. Stock answers though, so an easy copy and paste. Hopefully some of staff will do workplace reviews, now they are usually insightful🤭

Not all the fault of the Club I concede, some folks can’t even find the right organisation review page on TP, so coping with the new shambles of a booking system will be a challenge😁

Posted on 12/01/2023 15:23

The repetitive stock answers become meaningless….."This is a recorded message…"

As for wondering why someone didn’t get a response when they posted a negative site review on the CAMC website, it shows Jamie isn’t really au fait with the ways of the club.

DavidKlyne replied on 12/01/2023 16:27

Posted on 12/01/2023 13:18 by paulmold

I couldn't believe the email I got this morning asking me to put a review of the club on Trust pilot, really, after all the recent negative comments they actually want more !

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:27

It's always puzzled me why the Club want people to leave reviews on Trustpilot. Surely members would review internally first before venturing  to an outside organisation? If I want to look at a site review I will first of all look on the Club's own website and then perhaps UKCampsites, the last place I would look is Trustpilot. Perhaps someone from the Media Department has persuaded the Club that its essential to have a Trustpilot presence but I wonder who the audience is? With over 360,00 members does the Club have the capacity to deal with substantially more members? Before the new booking systems rating were quite reasonable but since they have nose dived. Perhaps encouraging members to leave reviews they hope to rebuild their rating?

David

CaravanRamblings replied on 12/01/2023 16:29

Posted on 12/01/2023 14:22 by Burgundy

Trust Pilot ratings would be even worse if members had posedt on the right club. Some members have been leaving their reviews of the club on the CCC reviews.

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:29

Says it all really.

No wonder there are so many systems issues. Maybe people are listing issues with the other lots booking system!!!!

paulmold replied on 12/01/2023 16:33

Posted on 12/01/2023 13:23 by Tinwheeler

Go on, Paul. Tell it as it is. 😂😂

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:33

I have. My review is pending (could take 2 hours apparently).  Can't believe the number of 5 star positive reviews posted today, makes you wonder ! 

Tinwheeler replied on 12/01/2023 17:30

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:33 by paulmold

I have. My review is pending (could take 2 hours apparently).  Can't believe the number of 5 star positive reviews posted today, makes you wonder ! 

Posted on 12/01/2023 17:30

I’ll look out for it 👍🏻

Takethedogalong replied on 12/01/2023 17:45

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:27 by DavidKlyne

It's always puzzled me why the Club want people to leave reviews on Trustpilot. Surely members would review internally first before venturing  to an outside organisation? If I want to look at a site review I will first of all look on the Club's own website and then perhaps UKCampsites, the last place I would look is Trustpilot. Perhaps someone from the Media Department has persuaded the Club that its essential to have a Trustpilot presence but I wonder who the audience is? With over 360,00 members does the Club have the capacity to deal with substantially more members? Before the new booking systems rating were quite reasonable but since they have nose dived. Perhaps encouraging members to leave reviews they hope to rebuild their rating?

David

Posted on 12/01/2023 17:45

I’ve said it before….TP really relates to an organisational review, ie, the CAMC as a whole, so that’s HQ, Bookings, communications, staff interaction, etc….. I tend to view CAMC in two areas, the Club Sites and CL network, and then everything else separately. (No experience of Overseas, so haven’t ever reviewed). I have nothing but praise for the Sites, they tend to be very nice, decent staff, but nowadays expensive for us. Hence I will do a review on this website after most visits. HQ however, and the Management in particular……different ball game. I know the two are intrinsically linked, but I do find it possible to like the sites, but dislike the organisation.

Most of the Site reviews on TP are fairly useless, as you can hardly ever tell which site is being reviewed🤷‍♀️ But, at least CAMC do respond to TP reviews, it is a very public place, and they do seem to care about the rating. Which is why it’s the best place to post about the bookings system. 

brue replied on 12/01/2023 18:10

Posted on 12/01/2023 16:27 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 12/01/2023 18:10

If only the in house site reviews received the same amount of attention I think it would be appreciated by those who respond. TP is meaningless, the sites aren't named and quite often 5 * star reviews contain complaints. Useless to all. frown

nelliethehooker replied on 12/01/2023 21:47

Posted on 12/01/2023 21:47

Perhaps encouraging members to leave reviews they hope to rebuild their rating?

I am sure that is what they are after, a bit of a firefighting exercisd, attempting to shut the barn door after the some of horses (read members) have bolted.

eurortraveller replied on 12/01/2023 22:02

Posted on 12/01/2023 22:02

My friends who live down at Looe have a website page just for complaints -  it’s called Looe Moaners. Perhaps a similar section on here to  gather all the moans together might be a good idea - although the  UK Sites and Touring section would in future be empty.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook