New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Burgundy replied on 12/01/2023 09:55

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:16 by cyberyacht

Since there is no 'wrinkly discount' there is no need whatsoever for DOB for adults. I can see that it might be needed for children. When completing the number of occupants, it should not be beyond the wit of the IT dept. to only request DOB if the children field is greater than 0.

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:55

I believe it’s because the booking system is adapted ? from the overseas system where DOB is needed for ferry bookings. IT have done a poor job of adapting the system. Things like this should have been removed from the UK bookings. IMHO.

JollyKernow replied on 12/01/2023 10:14

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:53 by Takethedogalong

Just a heads up for anyone who might be like us and doesn’t want to bother with the automated booking/deposit system, who might consider phoning and arriving on the same day, if out on a tour already and in area.

The Club seem to have done their best to hide site contact phone numbers, but they are still there, and include an out of hours option🤩 Doesnt of course mean that anyone at the other end will answer it, but might just be handy.

Telephone numbers are on each Site Plan leaflet. Link is at the bottom of each webpage for individual sites. 👍

Posted on 12/01/2023 10:14

Good Morning

Site details have always been on the site map Ttda. You'll have also observed that the mobile number on said plan clearly states that it's an "Emergency out of hours number". That went on the site plan last year. 

JK

SteveL replied on 12/01/2023 10:25

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:16 by cyberyacht

Since there is no 'wrinkly discount' there is no need whatsoever for DOB for adults. I can see that it might be needed for children. When completing the number of occupants, it should not be beyond the wit of the IT dept. to only request DOB if the children field is greater than 0.

Posted on 12/01/2023 10:25

C&CC have a wrinkly discount and you don’t have to put DOB in on their site. However, you do have to prove you qualify and then they send you an amended membership card. We applied during covid and had to send a photo of our passports, or photo driving licence. I believe when offices were open you could just show proof to the site manager and they would amend your record on the computer.

brue replied on 12/01/2023 10:58

Posted on 12/01/2023 10:14 by JollyKernow

Good Morning

Site details have always been on the site map Ttda. You'll have also observed that the mobile number on said plan clearly states that it's an "Emergency out of hours number". That went on the site plan last year. 

JK

Posted on 12/01/2023 10:58

Unfortunately the site phone numbers haven't been put on the site directory pages this time round, just a QR code for further details. So traveller beware if your signal isn't good. 

brue replied on 12/01/2023 11:11

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:55 by Burgundy

I believe it’s because the booking system is adapted ? from the overseas system where DOB is needed for ferry bookings. IT have done a poor job of adapting the system. Things like this should have been removed from the UK bookings. IMHO.

Posted on 12/01/2023 11:11

Apparently (according to Trust Pilot responses) this is being reviewed, I agree it should never have been included. I don't like it on the grounds of information security. I'd be inclined to just make up suitable dates at present!

JollyKernow replied on 12/01/2023 12:02

Posted on 12/01/2023 10:58 by brue

Unfortunately the site phone numbers haven't been put on the site directory pages this time round, just a QR code for further details. So traveller beware if your signal isn't good. 

Posted on 12/01/2023 12:02

Morning brue

Not sure about the new SD but in the last one (2021/22) all the site phone numbers were grouped together on page 668laughing

JK

brue replied on 12/01/2023 12:41

Posted on 12/01/2023 12:41

Yes. Apparently they are there on another page but I can't remember it just now....it was easier when everything was on the site page. 

Takethedogalong replied on 12/01/2023 12:43

Posted on 12/01/2023 12:43

Yes I know they are on the site maps JD😁 But others might not, and it’s not obvious where to find the phone numbers on the website. I haven’t checked our new SD yet.

Given the difficulties we had trying to get anyone on site at FM to pick up the phone a couple of years ago, by the time we had spent a frustrating few hours, not getting through, it had become a borderline Emergency! Just saying! Not an option to try unless it is though, I agree. Club gets 2/10 in terms of helpfulness on this item of Customer Care, contactability.🤷‍♀️

brue replied on 12/01/2023 12:56

Posted on 12/01/2023 12:43 by Takethedogalong

Yes I know they are on the site maps JD😁 But others might not, and it’s not obvious where to find the phone numbers on the website. I haven’t checked our new SD yet.

Given the difficulties we had trying to get anyone on site at FM to pick up the phone a couple of years ago, by the time we had spent a frustrating few hours, not getting through, it had become a borderline Emergency! Just saying! Not an option to try unless it is though, I agree. Club gets 2/10 in terms of helpfulness on this item of Customer Care, contactability.🤷‍♀️

Posted on 12/01/2023 12:56

Even on the minimum stay C&Cc sites you can turn up and get a one night stay if there is space, worth considering if needs must. You can also call up THS for a stay.

paulmold replied on 12/01/2023 13:18

Posted on 12/01/2023 13:18

I couldn't believe the email I got this morning asking me to put a review of the club on Trust pilot, really, after all the recent negative comments they actually want more !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook