New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

young thomas replied on 10/01/2023 15:30

Posted on 10/01/2023 15:30

WTG, for the latest short notice availability at the clubs most popular sites....I've just received this info...

Great news - 10 really popular UK Club campsites have last-minute pitches up for grabs. Be quick…they’re selling fast!

Baltic Wharf Club Campsite - Somerset
Brighton Club Campsite - East Sussex
Broadway Club Campsite - Worcestershire
Castleton Club Campsite - Derbyshire
Crystal Palace Club Campsite - London
Edinburgh Club Campsite - Scotland
Lady Margaret’s Park Club Campsite - Wales
Melrose Gibson Club Campsite - Scotland
Southport Club Campsite - Merseyside
York Rowntree Club Campsite - North Yorkshire

Book your last-minute getaway now!

replied on 10/01/2023 16:05

Posted on 10/01/2023 15:30 by young thomas

WTG, for the latest short notice availability at the clubs most popular sites....I've just received this info...

Great news - 10 really popular UK Club campsites have last-minute pitches up for grabs. Be quick…they’re selling fast!

Baltic Wharf Club Campsite - Somerset
Brighton Club Campsite - East Sussex
Broadway Club Campsite - Worcestershire
Castleton Club Campsite - Derbyshire
Crystal Palace Club Campsite - London
Edinburgh Club Campsite - Scotland
Lady Margaret’s Park Club Campsite - Wales
Melrose Gibson Club Campsite - Scotland
Southport Club Campsite - Merseyside
York Rowntree Club Campsite - North Yorkshire

Book your last-minute getaway now!

Posted on 10/01/2023 16:05

The user and all related content has been deleted

brue replied on 10/01/2023 19:27

Posted on 10/01/2023 15:22 by

Yes, great position. When we lived in Somerset, we often stopped along there to go to the Driftwood Café after an Exmoor day out.

Lovely area. There is a station for Dunster on the steam railway route (between Blue Anchor and Minehead). The village is a mile from the station but worth the walk. Dunster is idyllic: castle (NT), deer park, pack horse bridge over the stream, thatched cottages, yarn market, plenty of tea rooms and pubs.

Back on topic… I will shortly be trying to make some bookings at short notice. I do wish that the old version of Late Availability was still accessible. But I was heartened to read up-thread that it might be re-instated.

Posted on 10/01/2023 19:27

Yes that word "reinstated," at this rate the whole system will revert back! wink At least LA in it's familiar and useful list form is on the return list.

peakman replied on 10/01/2023 20:52

Posted on 10/01/2023 20:52

Just looking again at the new booking system - and what a shambles. I want to search for availability in the Midlands for when our new caravan arrives in early feb. i can't find how to book by region - it seems i need to put in a site. and the layout is appalling - obviously designed by a designer and not a practical ordinary member looking to see what is available. 

This club site had advantages over the Camping and Caravan Club site by being able to focus in on areas and non-specific dates - now totally gone. the C&C club is a simple joy to use compared to this. i have seen Rowena's comments that the club is 'trying hard' to resolve issues - since i first saw this in September I have seen no improvement when making a general search for availability. . It can't just be me who feels so frustrated. ( for balance - I had no problems at all booking Garlieston for specific dates!) 

peakman replied on 10/01/2023 21:06

Posted on 10/01/2023 21:06

I can't believe there are no comments on this since sept 2022! I posted the reply below (as I thought) but it got linked to some other reply and did not show here. so here it is again (possibly!)

Just looking again at the new booking system - and what a shambles. I want to search for availability in the Midlands for when our new caravan arrives in early feb. i can't find how to book by region - it seems i need to put in a site. and the layout is appalling - obviously designed by a designer and not a practical ordinary member looking to see what is available. 

This club site had advantages over the Camping and Caravan Club site by being able to focus in on areas and non-specific dates - now totally gone. the C&C club is a simple joy to use compared to this. i have seen Rowena's comments that the club is 'trying hard' to resolve issues - since i first saw this in September I have seen no improvement when making a general search for availability. . It can't just be me who feels so frustrated. ( for balance - I had no problems at all booking Garlieston for specific dates!) 

Takethedogalong replied on 10/01/2023 21:26

Posted on 10/01/2023 19:27 by brue

Yes that word "reinstated," at this rate the whole system will revert back! wink At least LA in it's familiar and useful list form is on the return list.

Posted on 10/01/2023 21:26

They might be hoping a few ex members reinstate as well🤣 Poof, how to trash your reputation. It would all make a superb training exercise, especially with John Cleese fronting it🤣

SteveL replied on 10/01/2023 21:27

Posted on 10/01/2023 21:27

This club site had advantages over the Camping and Caravan Club site by being able to focus in on areas and non-specific dates - now totally gone.

Peakman you can certainly search by counties, or even more specific locations. Just not by Peak District, Cotswolds etc.  For say Devon, select location rather than campsite and type in Devon. Select Devon UK from the top of the list that appears and press search. You will get a map of  the south west of the country including Devon. You can then zoom in to the area of interest and the sites in view will appear in the list on the left hand side.

It actually works better if you are more specific. Type in Exeter, select Exeter UK and you get a map of the area around Exeter showing the racecourse site and Stover. You can then zoom out if you want to look further afield.

As to non specific dates, it is totally possible. Don’t put any in and you can just scroll through the Calendar for your desired pitch type.

Tinwheeler replied on 10/01/2023 22:11

Posted on 10/01/2023 22:11

"I can't believe there are no comments on this since Sept 2022!"

The thread was started in Sept 2022 and there have been posts on almost a daily basis ever since amounting to 289 pages. Perhaps you only looked at page 1 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your two posts appear above which (although sometimes posts take 2-3 minutes to show) also suggests to me that you may not have moved to the latest page.

EmilysDad replied on 11/01/2023 00:38

Posted on 10/01/2023 22:11 by Tinwheeler

"I can't believe there are no comments on this since Sept 2022!"

The thread was started in Sept 2022 and there have been posts on almost a daily basis ever since amounting to 289 pages. Perhaps you only looked at page 1 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your two posts appear above which (although sometimes posts take 2-3 minutes to show) also suggests to me that you may not have moved to the latest page.

Posted on 11/01/2023 00:38

I'm guessing that peakman meant that there had been no further comments from the Community Manager or other Powers that be since Sept 2022

Bluemoon73 replied on 11/01/2023 07:21

Posted on 11/01/2023 07:21

The phone app is terrible, it just crashes and trying to move round the map and then wait 5 mins for the sites to decide should they load in or not is so frustrating, i've just spent the winter using the other club and independent sites, what a sorry state

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook