New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 11/01/2023 11:59

Posted on 11/01/2023 11:59

Steve mentioned map searches but many prefer easy to read site details which is what made the old system simple and straightforward. Now with the addition of split pages, information and maps squashed together it just seems complicated. Unfortunately the real need for maps offering site access directions or "how to get here"  is missing.

replied on 11/01/2023 12:43

Posted on 11/01/2023 12:43

Why can you not input additional adult date of birth using keyboard? Using  the calender takes forever! My details come up but not my wife's somI have to go through the hassle.

SteveL replied on 11/01/2023 12:47

Posted on 11/01/2023 11:59 by brue

Steve mentioned map searches but many prefer easy to read site details which is what made the old system simple and straightforward. Now with the addition of split pages, information and maps squashed together it just seems complicated. Unfortunately the real need for maps offering site access directions or "how to get here"  is missing.

Posted on 11/01/2023 12:47

I would agree it’s overly complicated for a mobile phone. Well at least it is for me, although younger folk seem to manage all sorts of things on them without pressing the wrong buttons.😂 However, on a pad, lap top or desk top sized screen I much prefer it to the old system. I like how you can have the map alongside the list. Whilst it was very poorly introduced and staggered along for a while, I now find it fine for search and book, although I don’t use the filters. Plus of course there are still things missing like site directions and links to leaving a review.
All the above relates to the web site. The so called App is still an abomination.👎

DavidKlyne replied on 11/01/2023 15:07

Posted on 11/01/2023 15:07

I wonder if the Club have anyway of knowing how the Booking system is accessed and by what systems? Although I have not yet booked a site on the new system it seems pretty straight forward using my preferred method of PC/Laptop. However when you read a lot of the hobby related Facebook pages you get the impression that users there want to use the App which, like here many people find frustrating. That frustration seems to be making people use the call centre to make booking or amendments. That probably is OK in the shorter term but surely unsustainable in the longer term? 

As far as searching for sites I much preferred the old drop down menu by region. I have been around long enough, not only to have used many of the Club sites, but also I don't need to see them on a map to know where are! Newer members won't have that knowledge.

David

eurortraveller replied on 11/01/2023 16:13

Posted on 11/01/2023 16:13

It seems so easy to me to select a Club site from the handbook and then make a reservation on the booking page which pops up on the website.

I really don’t. Know why people persevere with the app if they find it troublesome. My patience is short!

brue replied on 11/01/2023 16:29

Posted on 11/01/2023 15:07 by DavidKlyne

I wonder if the Club have anyway of knowing how the Booking system is accessed and by what systems? Although I have not yet booked a site on the new system it seems pretty straight forward using my preferred method of PC/Laptop. However when you read a lot of the hobby related Facebook pages you get the impression that users there want to use the App which, like here many people find frustrating. That frustration seems to be making people use the call centre to make booking or amendments. That probably is OK in the shorter term but surely unsustainable in the longer term? 

As far as searching for sites I much preferred the old drop down menu by region. I have been around long enough, not only to have used many of the Club sites, but also I don't need to see them on a map to know where are! Newer members won't have that knowledge.

David

Posted on 11/01/2023 16:29

If people use the feedback contact they are asked to provide device and system details. I think if I was new to club sites I would also find the search on smaller devices like mobiles quite frustrating and lacking, especially trying to use filters. 

https://survey.alchemer.eu/s3/90487485/Booking-Capability-feedback 

I won't be using the app and I was sorry to see site tel. numbers haven't been included on the site details pages in the latest directory, there is obviously a push towards using QR codes instead to obtain further details. This is all ok if everything is there at the other end, but it isn't!

Edit it's a pity this feedback link couldn't be added to Rowena's original post as I think it would help everyone?

peedee replied on 12/01/2023 07:34

Posted on 12/01/2023 07:34

I wonder if the Club have anyway of knowing how the Booking system is accessed and by what systems?

They should know if they have decent analytics. I can log onto my host server for my web site and get a lot of information about access including the type of operating system and browser used for access.

peedee

cyberyacht replied on 12/01/2023 09:16

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:16

Since there is no 'wrinkly discount' there is no need whatsoever for DOB for adults. I can see that it might be needed for children. When completing the number of occupants, it should not be beyond the wit of the IT dept. to only request DOB if the children field is greater than 0.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 12/01/2023 09:42

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:16 by cyberyacht

Since there is no 'wrinkly discount' there is no need whatsoever for DOB for adults. I can see that it might be needed for children. When completing the number of occupants, it should not be beyond the wit of the IT dept. to only request DOB if the children field is greater than 0.

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:42

Marketing purposes so they can see which advertisers to pitch to🤷🏻‍♂️. We know we are older but we really don’t want to be reminded via advert bombardment😂

Takethedogalong replied on 12/01/2023 09:53

Posted on 12/01/2023 09:53

Just a heads up for anyone who might be like us and doesn’t want to bother with the automated booking/deposit system, who might consider phoning and arriving on the same day, if out on a tour already and in area.

The Club seem to have done their best to hide site contact phone numbers, but they are still there, and include an out of hours option🤩 Doesnt of course mean that anyone at the other end will answer it, but might just be handy.

Telephone numbers are on each Site Plan leaflet. Link is at the bottom of each webpage for individual sites. 👍

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook