New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 13/01/2023 12:41

Posted on 13/01/2023 12:41

The Late Availability Checker is still on the website:- https://fal.cn/3v4Jy and is updated every few days to show the latest availability for the month ahead. We have altered the system slightly and now show all of the sites with last minute pitches available for you to select and book.

This part of the reply doesn’t fill me with confidence when I know that both Poolsbrook and Clumber Park have availability, but are not on the list. There may well be others.

SteveL replied on 13/01/2023 13:05

Posted on 13/01/2023 13:05

With reference to the updated app, there is no 'update' shown but if you uninstall the app and then reinstall it, it does seem to be better and faster loading.

There was an updated version in the App Store. It said one of the enhancements was you would now be able to see your digital members card, which I was already able to do. After down loading the new revised App I now can’t see my card. You couldn’t make it up.😂 Apart from that I can see no differences. So they have actually made it worse.☹️

LeTouriste replied on 13/01/2023 19:21

Posted on 13/01/2023 19:21

Why change something that previously worked satisfactorily? Having failed to get club site information, and therefore unable to check costs against my budget, I have resorted to looking up the independent sites to meet my needs.

eurortraveller replied on 13/01/2023 20:12

Posted on 13/01/2023 19:21 by LeTouriste
Why change something that previously worked satisfactorily? Having failed to get club site information, and therefore unable to check costs against my budget, I have resorted to looking up the independent sites to meet my needs.

Posted on 13/01/2023 20:12

"Thank you for letting us know you have found sites which meet your needs

Have a look at the thread headed Small Private Sites which was started on here three years ago -listing sites which some of us discovered 20 years ago.

Have you only just started to branch out?

Hja replied on 13/01/2023 21:00

Posted on 13/01/2023 20:12 by eurortraveller

"Thank you for letting us know you have found sites which meet your needs

Have a look at the thread headed Small Private Sites which was started on here three years ago -listing sites which some of us discovered 20 years ago.

Have you only just started to branch out?

Posted on 13/01/2023 21:00

Some haven't felt the need to try other sites.  Don't knock people know they are doing so.  I know your reply wasnt to me but I found your last sentence a little abrupt.

DanR replied on 14/01/2023 16:48

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31 by Rowena

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Posted on 14/01/2023 16:48

Hi,

I would have thought that since go live the website would have improved over time as it is de bugged and refined, it  was so bad in September I had to e-mail the Chief Exec to get a booking amended).

Just tried to amend a booking I have for later in the year, website just shows the circle of doom - all I want to do is move the dates to a week later.  Have tried to amend these dates twice.

I have even tried to cancel the booking (so I can make another one for the later dates I now wish to go).  The same, circle of doom.

Is the intention of the CMHC to alienate its members to get them to leave? it certainly appears that way!

As an aside, why do you need to know the age of my partner, what difference does it make whether she is 31 or 51, the price is just the same?

I will make an attempt to speak to a human on Monday though not holding out much hope, looks like I will be asking M Lomas again!

brue replied on 15/01/2023 10:11

Posted on 15/01/2023 10:11

Regarding the DOB input it's impossible to do on Android so I've reported this long standing fault as it prevents making any site bookings at all. 

wedgy replied on 15/01/2023 12:40

Posted on 11/01/2023 16:13 by eurortraveller

It seems so easy to me to select a Club site from the handbook and then make a reservation on the booking page which pops up on the website.

I really don’t. Know why people persevere with the app if they find it troublesome. My patience is short!

Posted on 15/01/2023 12:40

People expect the app to work as it did prior to the " updated system " even you must see that having to use the handbook then the online system is ridiculous. 

cef replied on 16/01/2023 10:10

Posted on 16/01/2023 10:10

I find the new website does not give the information found on the old one.

It as no link to the route planner, the map is unusable, no good for browsing. 

I have gone back to the handbook! 

I normally book about 8 weeks away on 7or 8 sites in January (and have never not turned up) To do this now would be to expensive in January. 

We have caravan club members for more than 20 years but will be using club sites less in the future.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook