New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 21/12/2022 09:36

Posted on 21/12/2022 07:00 by peedee

You clearly cannot get over the introduction of the new system JVB, it must be awfully depressing for you to keep finding fault with it. It is not going to go away so move on.

FYI my tablet is nearly 7 years old (purchased 2016) and my desktop 4 years old but I do keep both up to date with the latest upgrades While I do have a good internet connection, I don't have any of the problems you have.

peedee

Posted on 21/12/2022 09:36

Pre BT my Internet was low single figures it didn’t ‘create’ issues it just slowed all processes. We are a Hamlet where most villagers petitioned BT for a Fibre connection & they did it is now 25x what it was. It can be done. 

brue replied on 21/12/2022 09:54

Posted on 21/12/2022 08:55 by young thomas

Isn't that a link a quick fix (workaround) back to the old data?...surely not a long term solution?

Posted on 21/12/2022 09:54

Hopefully not but the previous set up was good (and still is) so I hope the present new CL search system can be developed in a similar manner ?

JVB66 replied on 21/12/2022 16:33

Posted on 21/12/2022 09:03 by JVB66

But I am not alone with the problems thrown up by a system that was and still is a failed attempt to bolt two different types of booking systems together and then after 3months still having problems for discount card users trying to use it,  unless as you  have a good Internet and up to date equipment and it seems WFH

And as you might say marketing are trying to put a positive spin on what has been achieved and say that some problems still to be solved ,that is on those that have come to light so far from when the magazine was published   

Posted on 21/12/2022 16:33

Just before we  left our last site a couple of the site support staff came to say goodbye and two things that were quite interesting

1. they have covered staff on 14sites this year and have never before seen such low occupancy and some of their colleagues they have been in contact with are of the same opinion in fact on one two couple site did not say which was completely empty on a couple of occasions others have said even one popular site did not have arrivals on numerous days although it had numerous pitches available

2 they also say the hot topic with members is still very much the problems of booking with the present system and the call centres are very busy now as it seems that is where most of the bookings are now being done.   as they said if you know the site and it is a simple booking then it mostly works but anything beyond that use a call centre

I said about the latest info is an upgrade is coming out in Feb they just laughed ,🤫

Ps the owner of where we are now has not charged us his latest prices so it is even cheaper than expected🤫😁

And the owner of where I purchased OHs wheelchair has given me a mod to enable me to operate it more comfortabley FOC 👍

peedee replied on 22/12/2022 10:20

Posted on 22/12/2022 10:20

The type of browser you are using can also have an impact. Some browsers work much quicker than others.

As an example I have just been trying to read or download the latest Club magazines. Using Firefox is absolutely useless, stop my desktop dead in its tracks. I tried it with Edge and it works fine quite quick as well. 

peedee

ScreenName5896190484 replied on 28/12/2022 07:29

Posted on 28/12/2022 07:29

Went on the system yesterday to book a site. Started with price of £23 a night, started filling in details and it jumped to £28, after finished all details had jumped to £34.

What a mess.

SteveL replied on 29/12/2022 09:51

Posted on 28/12/2022 07:29 by ScreenName5896190484

Went on the system yesterday to book a site. Started with price of £23 a night, started filling in details and it jumped to £28, after finished all details had jumped to £34.

What a mess.

Posted on 29/12/2022 09:51

I have not noticed any increases when making any of my bookings. Other than increases above the base price because I have added an additional adult, granddaughter, changed the pitch pitch type, or moved the dates slightly into a higher price bracket. All of which are expected.

cody replied on 29/12/2022 11:50

Posted on 29/12/2022 11:50

Just had a look for availability in January link, no Minehead on there, checked separately and Minehead has lots of availability in January,  what a dogs dinner this and especially the app is compared to the old app, any wonder there was only half a dozen outfits at willingcott during the October half term,  amateurish.

eurortraveller replied on 30/12/2022 09:52

Posted on 29/12/2022 11:50 by cody

Just had a look for availability in January link, no Minehead on there, checked separately and Minehead has lots of availability in January,  what a dogs dinner this and especially the app is compared to the old app, any wonder there was only half a dozen outfits at willingcott during the October half term,  amateurish.

Posted on 30/12/2022 09:52

Booking page popped up on the website, I typed Minehead in the empty box. It invited me to check availability, and offered me dates and prices throughout the month. It doesn’t seem difficult  to me.

peedee replied on 30/12/2022 10:03

Posted on 30/12/2022 09:52 by eurortraveller

Booking page popped up on the website, I typed Minehead in the empty box. It invited me to check availability, and offered me dates and prices throughout the month. It doesn’t seem difficult  to me.

Posted on 30/12/2022 10:03

I think Cody is refering to the January late availablity list. Minehead is not shown on that but if you search for Minehead and check availability throughout January there is plenty of availability.

peedee

SteveL replied on 30/12/2022 10:25

Posted on 30/12/2022 10:25

I took Cody to mean the same as you PD.  The list also does not include Clumber and Poolsbrook, both of which have availability throughout January. It does make one wonder who or what is compiling the list. Either way, human or software, it’s not doing a very good job.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook