New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Amesford replied on 20/12/2022 16:57

Posted on 20/12/2022 12:50 by paulmold

Just read on FB that new sites book is out now and coming through the letterbox.

Posted on 20/12/2022 16:57

But will it be error free and perhaps the last edition??

JVB66 replied on 20/12/2022 17:20

Posted on 20/12/2022 17:20

It seems the system we have and has been much modified (and yet still it seems internet speeds and type of equipment you use specific),since the unannounced introduction of what is a continental booking system bolted onto and then expecting it to work with a completely different UK sites booking system has been proved does not work correctly 

We can just hope that the Feb?rehash is a reintroduction of the much more user friendly system as previously,amended as if needed , deposits? with a longer cancellation period and much clearer T&Cs 

young thomas replied on 20/12/2022 20:59

Posted on 20/12/2022 20:59

John, no chance at all of reverting to old system....'fix moving forward' will be the way from now on..

the bit of PR in the recent mag is a long list of 'fixed' and a short list of 'still to do'🤷🏻‍♂️

peedee replied on 21/12/2022 07:00

Posted on 20/12/2022 17:20 by JVB66

It seems the system we have and has been much modified (and yet still it seems internet speeds and type of equipment you use specific),since the unannounced introduction of what is a continental booking system bolted onto and then expecting it to work with a completely different UK sites booking system has been proved does not work correctly 

We can just hope that the Feb?rehash is a reintroduction of the much more user friendly system as previously,amended as if needed , deposits? with a longer cancellation period and much clearer T&Cs 

Posted on 21/12/2022 07:00

You clearly cannot get over the introduction of the new system JVB, it must be awfully depressing for you to keep finding fault with it. It is not going to go away so move on.

FYI my tablet is nearly 7 years old (purchased 2016) and my desktop 4 years old but I do keep both up to date with the latest upgrades While I do have a good internet connection, I don't have any of the problems you have.

peedee

brue replied on 21/12/2022 08:45

Posted on 20/12/2022 20:59 by young thomas

John, no chance at all of reverting to old system....'fix moving forward' will be the way from now on..

the bit of PR in the recent mag is a long list of 'fixed' and a short list of 'still to do'🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 21/12/2022 08:45

Well there's been a reversion for CLs. wink

young thomas replied on 21/12/2022 08:55

Posted on 21/12/2022 08:45 by brue

Well there's been a reversion for CLs. wink

Posted on 21/12/2022 08:55

Isn't that a link a quick fix (workaround) back to the old data?...surely not a long term solution?

JVB66 replied on 21/12/2022 09:03

Posted on 21/12/2022 07:00 by peedee

You clearly cannot get over the introduction of the new system JVB, it must be awfully depressing for you to keep finding fault with it. It is not going to go away so move on.

FYI my tablet is nearly 7 years old (purchased 2016) and my desktop 4 years old but I do keep both up to date with the latest upgrades While I do have a good internet connection, I don't have any of the problems you have.

peedee

Posted on 21/12/2022 09:03

But I am not alone with the problems thrown up by a system that was and still is a failed attempt to bolt two different types of booking systems together and then after 3months still having problems for discount card users trying to use it,  unless as you  have a good Internet and up to date equipment and it seems WFH

And as you might say marketing are trying to put a positive spin on what has been achieved and say that some problems still to be solved ,that is on those that have come to light so far from when the magazine was published   

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook