New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/12/2022 10:32

Posted on 30/12/2022 10:32

There are still negative reviews trickling in via TP daily. Lots of folks will be trying to book for next year, and it might be their first encounter with this new booking system, which might come as a bit of a shock for some in terms of using it compared with the ease of the previous system. 

brue replied on 30/12/2022 10:39

Posted on 30/12/2022 10:39

Yes it's not good reading and also hard going for the staff having to reply. 

FoxleighFlyer replied on 03/01/2023 11:32

Posted on 03/01/2023 11:32

As mentioned previously, trying to enter a date of birth for the second adult on a mobile phone still does not allow the year to be selected. I had to wait until I returned home to use my laptop. This is very basic stuff!

young thomas replied on 03/01/2023 13:51

Posted on 03/01/2023 13:51

It sounds like the 'testing' (can't really be the right word, can it?) was done in very favourable conditions...good strong signal (probably decent wifi and not a crappy countryside mobile signal) and PC/tablet/phone of popular denomination with recent OS and plenty of local device storage.

put the app on an older device or one a few versions behind the curve (bleeding edge) and throw in a slow signal and we have a poor recipe for success...👎

JVB66 replied on 03/01/2023 14:03

Posted on 22/12/2022 10:20 by peedee

The type of browser you are using can also have an impact. Some browsers work much quicker than others.

As an example I have just been trying to read or download the latest Club magazines. Using Firefox is absolutely useless, stop my desktop dead in its tracks. I tried it with Edge and it works fine quite quick as well. 

peedee

Posted on 03/01/2023 14:03

So you are also having problems and that is it seems with good Internet speeds and equipment that may be older but is up to date with the latest manufacturer updates plus it seems WFH

Fozzie replied on 03/01/2023 22:08

Posted on 28/12/2022 07:29 by ScreenName5896190484

Went on the system yesterday to book a site. Started with price of £23 a night, started filling in details and it jumped to £28, after finished all details had jumped to £34.

What a mess.

Posted on 03/01/2023 22:08

I had similar,when it added on non member prices,even after logging in as a member.I never did get an answer to what went wrong.

TimboC replied on 04/01/2023 17:16

Posted on 04/01/2023 17:16

I've just booked 4 sites for the Autumn. Took me all of 15 minutes.

The biggest problem I had was booking an affiliated site on a separate webpage which took the same time

young thomas replied on 04/01/2023 18:24

Posted on 04/01/2023 18:24

...but I suspect you knew where you wanted to go and when...probably linking up a tour perhaps?

I think that this (these) type of bookings are certainly doable, it's the searches where folk want the system to suggest possible sites in an area or at a specific period where the hitches begin...

Cornersteady replied on 04/01/2023 19:17

Posted on 04/01/2023 18:24 by young thomas

...but I suspect you knew where you wanted to go and when...probably linking up a tour perhaps?

I think that this (these) type of bookings are certainly doable, it's the searches where folk want the system to suggest possible sites in an area or at a specific period where the hitches begin...

Posted on 04/01/2023 19:17

No not all at.

I've just been looking at finding some site in Norfolk for this October. Click on location not site, start to type in your location (in this case select Norfolk UK after you've typed in a few letters, then enter in your chosen dates and filter for UK club sites if required. Straight forward and easy and done in under a minute I would say?

As you can see from the cropped screenshot it will show you all the sites and even when a site is full. I suppose the only two niggles are typing in UK and full could mean closed as it does in this instance, but once you've done it once one knows they are there.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook