New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Flimflam23 replied on 04/01/2023 19:41

Posted on 04/01/2023 19:41

I'd heard a few negative things about the new booking system over the last few months. Sadly I've been awaiting and recovering from surgery in the last few months since the end of summer so we haven't been out in our van much. Now on the mend I'm looking for new year trips and am saddened to learn that all the comments were true. The new system is terrible. The volume of bitty information on the screen on the booking pages is just awful. The booking system required far too much information and fell over several times requiring me to re enter all the information. This Club's webpage was previously the gold standard for booking where all others failed. I'm shocked at how bad things have become. 

young thomas replied on 04/01/2023 20:51

Posted on 04/01/2023 19:29 by eurortraveller
Content has been removed.

Posted on 04/01/2023 20:51

On long trips we certainly leave home (or even the previous stop) without necessarily knowing where we are (ultimately) going...it's called touring and exploring...

we don't have carers either, thanks🤷🏻‍♂️

SteveL replied on 04/01/2023 20:54

Posted on 04/01/2023 20:51 by young thomas

On long trips we certainly leave home (or even the previous stop) without necessarily knowing where we are (ultimately) going...it's called touring and exploring...

we don't have carers either, thanks🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 04/01/2023 20:54

Similarly  for us, but not in the UK, here everything is booked.

young thomas replied on 04/01/2023 21:12

Posted on 04/01/2023 20:54 by SteveL

Similarly  for us, but not in the UK, here everything is booked.

Posted on 04/01/2023 21:12

..and this is where it all becomes too much like hard work...for us, anyway.

I can't say in advance that I'll want to be at xxx for 4 days then at yyy for 5 days etc...4 days at xxx might not be long enough and 5 days at yyy might be 4 days too long...🤷🏻‍♂️

as changing bookings with CAMC will now cost money if within 21 days (which it will be) it's just another reason not to get involved in trying it...

we tend to use CLs and also THS sites where you can arrive at any time and stay as long as you like without booking. Easy to join these together over a summer as plans can change without issues with deposits and other payments.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/01/2023 22:02

Posted on 04/01/2023 22:02

We tend to book our first few sites and then once we are away see where we will head, depending on the weather forecast, especially in the winter. We have booked our last two sites this trip that way so far and won't book our follow-on sites until we get to the next one. They will probably be CLs but perhaps a small comm site too, and it is of course much easier to do at this time of the year than later when the hoards finally set out. 

Takethedogalong replied on 05/01/2023 09:22

Posted on 04/01/2023 21:12 by young thomas

..and this is where it all becomes too much like hard work...for us, anyway.

I can't say in advance that I'll want to be at xxx for 4 days then at yyy for 5 days etc...4 days at xxx might not be long enough and 5 days at yyy might be 4 days too long...🤷🏻‍♂️

as changing bookings with CAMC will now cost money if within 21 days (which it will be) it's just another reason not to get involved in trying it...

we tend to use CLs and also THS sites where you can arrive at any time and stay as long as you like without booking. Easy to join these together over a summer as plans can change without issues with deposits and other payments.

Posted on 05/01/2023 09:22

Have you tried the Britstops network YT? Obviously more for overnight stops rather than long stays, but we have been enjoying it on the ones we have used on the network. Bit of research required to get things right, but for long journeys, where it’s good to get in a simple stopover to rest, we have found it great. Not all pubs by any means either🙂

young thomas replied on 05/01/2023 09:32

Posted on 05/01/2023 09:32

Thanks, I am familiar with Britstops and was researching one only last week..

If touring, we would probably want more than one night (depending on area) but as a resource for joining the dots it might be useful.

need to be a member though?...

MikeyA replied on 05/01/2023 09:38

Posted on 04/01/2023 22:02 by nelliethehooker

We tend to book our first few sites and then once we are away see where we will head, depending on the weather forecast, especially in the winter. We have booked our last two sites this trip that way so far and won't book our follow-on sites until we get to the next one. They will probably be CLs but perhaps a small comm site too, and it is of course much easier to do at this time of the year than later when the hoards finally set out. 

Posted on 05/01/2023 09:38

Our normal way of touring when away for more than 10days. There is nothing worse than realising you have booked to long in an unknown area and have run out of things to see/do.

moulesy replied on 05/01/2023 09:53

Posted on 05/01/2023 09:53

It's interesting to read the different approaches folk take to touring. We are pretty much the opposite to you, Mikey, in that, when we were touring in the van, and now, when we book cottages or hotels, we know exactly what we want to do in the area and will time our stay accordingly. If we are staying for a week we will have plans for 7 days of walks or visits, may just have to juggle them around depending on the weather. Probably goes back to the days when we were both constricted to school holiday dates and had to make the most of what was available. Even when we go abroad now, it won't be for a simple "package" break, we will have researched and know where we want to go. We recently booked a week in Madeira at the end of February - will hire a car for 3 or 4 days and then use public transport to get around the island. For us, that planning is part of the enjoyment of the holiday.

The only times we don't any longer do that is for our frequent trips to Cornwall which, as the saying goes, is just "living in another place". smile

replied on 05/01/2023 10:12

Posted on 05/01/2023 10:12

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook