New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Cornersteady replied on 18/12/2022 12:53

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:58 by JVB66

As  a poster said earlier fir tablets are very dependent on which model you have whether they are compatible with this organisation booking system 

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:53

Deleted User by me

JVB66 replied on 18/12/2022 12:53

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:53 by cyberyacht

Given that "latest and shiniest" vans seem to primarily populate CAMC sites, perhaps the apparent requirement for a similar class of device to access the website is a way to keep us less financially endowed "riff raff" away from club sites. What was it that was said about Rolls Royces - if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

As for the change to the CL part of the website, there are too many blind alleys that you can click on diverting you away from "proper" information.

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:53

Many of the upmarket and expensive LVs according to now two sales men I have had dealings with the majority of sales of new or newly new LVs seem to be cash sales financed by Pension pots, or equity  release and not so often the result of money/property left by relatives very rare it is now by finance deals

JVB66 replied on 18/12/2022 12:59

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:42 by Cornersteady

I don't think if I have plenty or money or not comes into it at all any more than the state of your outfit, your income, and how often you replace it or do an upgrade on anything?

And I don't 'work'. 

you suggest that us with older devices should upgrade them.

I never suggested anything of the sort Dakota, could you please quote where I did?

I'm not sure if the club did design it with the latest in mind? My five year old computer and three year old laptop appears to work perfectly fine. I'm not too sure if any computer 15 years old would run anything from today? For example a computer from then would have about 512 Mb or maybe 1Gb of memory running Windows XP if I recall? If anyone wants to pay money over a website using a version of windows that is now unsupported then I think that's asking for trouble? 

The club can't be held to ransom if people don't have the technology to use it's services but I'm not sure at all if there is a problem at all, how many bookings the club say they had done? It was over a hundred thousands and they can't all have the latest hardware?

I don't think the club needs to think again about anything. And if people want to leave then that's their choice.

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:59

You do not get paid for what you do now now you are retired?

Cornersteady replied on 18/12/2022 13:02

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:53 by cyberyacht

Given that "latest and shiniest" vans seem to primarily populate CAMC sites, perhaps the apparent requirement for a similar class of device to access the website is a way to keep us less financially endowed "riff raff" away from club sites. What was it that was said about Rolls Royces - if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

As for the change to the CL part of the website, there are too many blind alleys that you can click on diverting you away from "proper" information.

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:02

less financially endowed? Just to remind me how much did you spend on making your MH suitable for 'off grid'

It's nothing to do with money or how much you have it's about spending one's money as one sees fit. You decided to spend what could be called a considerable amount on your preferred way of touring? Perhaps with your cruises, frequent touring abroad, former apartment abroad (do you still have a yacht/boat btw) some might call you financially endowed?

Why not let people spend their money as they see fit, as posters do to you, without the labelling?

nelliethehooker replied on 18/12/2022 13:02

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:49 by Rocky 2 buckets

LWM, you can pick up an Amazon Fire Tablet sub £90! That’ll get you online & booking👍🏻

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:02

Not properly it wont,as that is what I am using and getting the recurring clithches.

Perhaps an extra £90 is peanuts to you but for others it can be the equivalent of a few days away or a fair bit to their home fuel bill.

Cornersteady replied on 18/12/2022 13:09

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:02 by nelliethehooker

Not properly it wont,as that is what I am using and getting the recurring clithches.

Perhaps an extra £90 is peanuts to you but for others it can be the equivalent of a few days away or a fair bit to their home fuel bill.

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:09

Well it's one or the other really, if someone is in need of, or finds £90 a stretch, for home fuel bills then they shouldn't be thinking about going away at all in my view, and that's what I would be thinking personally.

People on CT have a LV and can afford to insure, tax, service, and maintain it and all the other costs involved . They are not on the bread line, otherwise, and this sounds harsh, sell it or not go away. I would certainly, and if that is their only hardship then they are still luckier than most at this time.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook