New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 18/12/2022 13:36

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:09 by Cornersteady

Well it's one or the other really, if someone is in need of, or finds £90 a stretch, for home fuel bills then they shouldn't be thinking about going away at all in my view, and that's what I would be thinking personally.

People on CT have a LV and can afford to insure, tax, service, and maintain it and all the other costs involved . They are not on the bread line, otherwise, and this sounds harsh, sell it or not go away. I would certainly, and if that is their only hardship then they are still luckier than most at this time.

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:36

A motor caravan type of LV is about on a par with a vehicle needed to go to work maintaince wise, so owning such an LV unless fairly new and costing many tthosands is not a case of being "not on the breadline?" undecided

Tinwheeler replied on 18/12/2022 13:44

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:36 by JVB66

A motor caravan type of LV is about on a par with a vehicle needed to go to work maintaince wise, so owning such an LV unless fairly new and costing many tthosands is not a case of being "not on the breadline?" undecided

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:44

Maintenance costs, yes, but you won’t buy a MH worth having for the price of a £2-£3k Ford Fiesta suitable for commuting. You won’t even get much of a caravan for that, let alone a tow car as well. 😵‍💫

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 18/12/2022 13:48

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:02 by nelliethehooker

Not properly it wont,as that is what I am using and getting the recurring clithches.

Perhaps an extra £90 is peanuts to you but for others it can be the equivalent of a few days away or a fair bit to their home fuel bill.

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:48

Others have said it does work🤷🏻‍♂️. Could be operator error, I’ve had help before to realise I was using my iPad ‘differently’👍🏻

KjellNN replied on 18/12/2022 13:51

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:48 by Cornersteady

Well I ask you the same question as before are you having trouble using your main computer in booking a club site? have you tried?

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:51

I have had a look, though I do not take it with me on tours any more as it is heavy, and even older than our i pads.  

The display is stable, but  trying to navigate around the search and book is clunky and not intuitive.   Certainly not easy like previously.

I have not kept up with which things are supposed to be "fixed" as we would not plan to book any type of site until possibly February (for April), so thought I would wait till all the problems were found and sorted.

I did have to add UK to the location, and see they still want unnecessary info such as car and van length (they know what outfit we have), dates of birth and membership number, even though I was already  logged in.

I expect I would get used to it, but generally OH is one who looks at where we might go, and  makes the bookings, and she only uses her i pad.  She has never used my other machine.

Tammygirl replied on 18/12/2022 13:59

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:59

Don’t know if you can use the library easily on a kindle. The electronic library was a life saver during the height of the pandemic when libraries were closed.

I have a Kindle Fire tablet and yes I can access ebooks from my library, in fact its the very reason that I bought the Kindle. At the time my Samsung tablet would no longer read ebooks from the library as they had changed systems. Not happy about having to buy another tablet just to read ebooks from the library as there was/is nothing wrong with the Samsung, the library suggested a Kindle as it works well with their system. 

Tammygirl replied on 18/12/2022 14:22

Posted on 18/12/2022 14:22

Having now checked the booking page out on my phone, Kindle tablet, Samsung tablet and my laptop I can state that it works to a degree.

Phone, quickest of all but the map is totally useless

Kindle, also quick map works better

Samsung tablet, very slow but it is getting on a bit

Laptop, works fine, map works the best.

The main issue I have is that when I go into the Main Booking page BOOK NOW  

I select location, select include Certificated Locations, type in Location, select from the dropdown the area with UK after it, choose dates, then press search.

I get a list of club sites and CLs - great

Club sites have all the info I require and the prices

CLs have all the info but no prices displayed. This is the same no matter what device I use. This means that I then have to do a search for CLs separately, not ideal. 

JVB66 replied on 18/12/2022 14:27

Posted on 18/12/2022 13:44 by Tinwheeler

Maintenance costs, yes, but you won’t buy a MH worth having for the price of a £2-£3k Ford Fiesta suitable for commuting. You won’t even get much of a caravan for that, let alone a tow car as well. 😵‍💫

Posted on 18/12/2022 14:27

Have you looked on EBay? Or converted an old panel van?cool

It is not unknown for an old panel van with a mattress and porta Potty be on sites and the  owner to have this organisations discount cardsurprised

Tinwheeler replied on 18/12/2022 14:38

Posted on 18/12/2022 14:27 by JVB66

Have you looked on EBay? Or converted an old panel van?cool

It is not unknown for an old panel van with a mattress and porta Potty be on sites and the  owner to have this organisations discount cardsurprised

Posted on 18/12/2022 14:38

You know as well as I that you’re pushing the boundaries there, JV, and such vans are not permitted on CAMC sites. What’s more, I did say a MH worth having.

Why are you continuing to drag this way off topic of the Booking System? 

Fozzie replied on 18/12/2022 14:38

Posted on 18/12/2022 14:38

On Facebook on the Club had an advert feature for the Brighton Sheepcote Valley site.When I clicked on the link for the site,it bought up the old web site.

So even the Club are not advertising the new revamped web site.You couldn't make it up.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook