New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

cyberyacht replied on 18/12/2022 11:53

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:53

Given that "latest and shiniest" vans seem to primarily populate CAMC sites, perhaps the apparent requirement for a similar class of device to access the website is a way to keep us less financially endowed "riff raff" away from club sites. What was it that was said about Rolls Royces - if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

As for the change to the CL part of the website, there are too many blind alleys that you can click on diverting you away from "proper" information.

KjellNN replied on 18/12/2022 11:53

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:12 by Tinwheeler

That’s not a lot different to what our fuel costs would be in a big house, Kj.

Hopefully you're still getting security updates on the older Apple devices, that’s an important factor.

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:53

Yes we get and install all updates, no problems there.

JVB66 replied on 18/12/2022 11:58

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:49 by Rocky 2 buckets

LWM, you can pick up an Amazon Fire Tablet sub £90! That’ll get you online & booking👍🏻

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:58

As  a poster said earlier fir tablets are very dependent on which model you have whether they are compatible with this organisation booking system 

KjellNN replied on 18/12/2022 12:09

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:53 by Cornersteady

It doesn't' matter what length of time it will cover it's still money you won't have to pay at the most expensive time of the year. 

I wasn't going to worry but as I said if it doesn't affect you why post about the Club expect users to have the most up to date devices?

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:09

Though I doubt we will be booking a Club site,  certainly not the £30+ ones, it does still affect us.    We might well consider  a "no facilities" site rather than a CL, so it  would be good to be able to search and book sites as easily as before.

At least the old CL bit on the website is now reinstated, but what about the App?  Is still as useless for CLs?

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 18/12/2022 12:33

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:58 by JVB66

As  a poster said earlier fir tablets are very dependent on which model you have whether they are compatible with this organisation booking system 

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:33

I doubt Argos & Currys really care tbh🤷🏻‍♂️

Cornersteady replied on 18/12/2022 12:42

Posted on 18/12/2022 11:25 by Lyke Wake Man

you sound like you have plenty of money, working where you can afford to upgrade your devices every year, when you are on a pension you have to make things last.

the club has designed the website with the latest devices in mind, you suggest that us with older devices should upgrade them.

with other company's their websites will work O.K. with devices 10-15 years old, and the club should have designed their new website to work with older devices

perhaps the club would think if us with older devices didn't renew our membership and joined the camping and caravan club

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:42

I don't think if I have plenty or money or not comes into it at all any more than the state of your outfit, your income, and how often you replace it or do an upgrade on anything?

And I don't 'work'. 

you suggest that us with older devices should upgrade them.

I never suggested anything of the sort Dakota, could you please quote where I did?

I'm not sure if the club did design it with the latest in mind? My five year old computer and three year old laptop appears to work perfectly fine. I'm not too sure if any computer 15 years old would run anything from today? For example a computer from then would have about 512 Mb or maybe 1Gb of memory running Windows XP if I recall? If anyone wants to pay money over a website using a version of windows that is now unsupported then I think that's asking for trouble? 

The club can't be held to ransom if people don't have the technology to use it's services but I'm not sure at all if there is a problem at all, how many bookings the club say they had done? It was over a hundred thousands and they can't all have the latest hardware?

I don't think the club needs to think again about anything. And if people want to leave then that's their choice.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 18/12/2022 12:47

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:47

Content has been removed.

Cornersteady replied on 18/12/2022 12:48

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:09 by KjellNN

Though I doubt we will be booking a Club site,  certainly not the £30+ ones, it does still affect us.    We might well consider  a "no facilities" site rather than a CL, so it  would be good to be able to search and book sites as easily as before.

At least the old CL bit on the website is now reinstated, but what about the App?  Is still as useless for CLs?

Posted on 18/12/2022 12:48

Well I ask you the same question as before are you having trouble using your main computer in booking a club site? have you tried?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook