New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/12/2022 20:12

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:59 by KjellNN

Yes, as I am over 80, our WFP is £300 , plus we got the extra £300 pensioner payment, so  £600 in all,   That will pay for a month and a half of gas and electricity up here at this time of year.

Our i pads are working fine on other than the Club website, where they frequently "freeze" , but not to worry, we will not be booking a club site.

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:12

That’s not a lot different to what our fuel costs would be in a big house, Kj.

Hopefully you're still getting security updates on the older Apple devices, that’s an important factor.

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 20:15

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:33 by Tammygirl

Yes I was as I was searching for sites and CLs in a given area. 

Bit of a faff having to do 2 types of searches. Good that they have sorted out the CL search. 

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:15

I have just tried a location search with my tablet. I get a list and if I open up any of the CL sites on it it takes me to the site details where the price etc is shown.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 17/12/2022 20:25

Yes, as I am over 80, our WFP is £300 , plus we got the extra £300 pensioner payment, so  £600 in all,   That will pay for a month and a half of gas and electricity up here at this time of year.

Our i pads are working fine on other than the Club website, where they frequently "freeze" , but not to worry, we will not be booking a club site.

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:25

We got £250 each WFP plus £10 each Xmas bonus this year  I am really looking forward to my £0.25.p add pension in January aid I save up i wiil be able to afford a Saturday paper in five weeks I will dig deep for the add 5p unless like most other products has gone up againcoolsurprised

Ps I contacted this club to ask when our next membership card was to be issued as ours runs out end of this month I was asked why I needed one as it shows on the phone app?undecided

nelliethehooker replied on 17/12/2022 20:30

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:11 by Tammygirl

Very strange, I remember someone saying you have to select the place that has UK after the name ie Yorkshire UK or it gives you random places. 

Having not long got back from over there I'm just getting to grips with the new booking system so trying it out on the devices I take away with us.

I see using the CL search has been fixed if you use the drop down choice rather than using the book a site option. 

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:30

TG, I did put the UK after Yorkshire and after a while got a greyed out list of club sites. Clicked on Hebden and it came back with Cheshire Fairoaks...go figure!!😮

The "new" old CL search works fine, and I also can easily use both the Searchforsites and the CL Booking site which give me access to the full details of the CL I select. I also have a few CLs bookmarked and can access others through them. I was trying to see what the prices were for next year on certain club sites hence my search.

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 20:47

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:15 by peedee

I have just tried a location search with my tablet. I get a list and if I open up any of the CL sites on it it takes me to the site details where the price etc is shown.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:47

Not on mine it doesn't, I even tried logging in as OH as he is the lead member. I get everything except a price.

Will try it on my laptop and my Samsung tablet later to see if its any difference. 

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 20:52

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:30 by nelliethehooker

TG, I did put the UK after Yorkshire and after a while got a greyed out list of club sites. Clicked on Hebden and it came back with Cheshire Fairoaks...go figure!!😮

The "new" old CL search works fine, and I also can easily use both the Searchforsites and the CL Booking site which give me access to the full details of the CL I select. I also have a few CLs bookmarked and can access others through them. I was trying to see what the prices were for next year on certain club sites hence my search.

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:52

Strange things going on, PD sees the prices when he looks at CLs using the main book a site page, I see everything but the price but if I go in the other way (old way) I see everything including the price, its like there are 2 versions of CLs.

I'm going to try it on my laptop and Samsung tablet later, watching a film just now. 

Cornersteady replied on 17/12/2022 20:53

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:53

It doesn't' matter what length of time it will cover it's still money you won't have to pay at the most expensive time of the year. 

I wasn't going to worry but as I said if it doesn't affect you why post about the Club expect users to have the most up to date devices?

DavidKlyne replied on 17/12/2022 20:57

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:38 by nelliethehooker

That's the one TW. Sorry for not being more explict.embarassed

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:57

I think it an important distinction as its obviously a tablet on which you can read books as opposed the the accepted use of the word Kindle as being principally a book reader. Apologies if I misunderstood that distinction in an earlier post. 

On the more general subject. I know I bang on about using a laptop in the van or a PC at home but I have rarely had a problem with the system being out of date and not being able to use newer websites. We all obviously select our method of connecting to the internet that suits us but it does seem that some systems go out of date or are unsupported in a shorter period than others. Surely the Club can only make its software compatible with systems currently in place and receiving updates. If not how far do they go back? Is it actually possible to go back to non supported versions of software?

David

KjellNN replied on 17/12/2022 21:00

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:25 by JVB66

We got £250 each WFP plus £10 each Xmas bonus this year  I am really looking forward to my £0.25.p add pension in January aid I save up i wiil be able to afford a Saturday paper in five weeks I will dig deep for the add 5p unless like most other products has gone up againcoolsurprised

Ps I contacted this club to ask when our next membership card was to be issued as ours runs out end of this month I was asked why I needed one as it shows on the phone app?undecided

Posted on 17/12/2022 21:00

Oh yes, forgot about the extra 25p per week.......not sure what to spend it on!

Yes, got our £10 each the other week.  Will pay for food for a few days.

So glad that we are not depending only on the State Pension.

OH has no other pension as she was not well enough to work, so has only 60% of my basic, which is only an 87% pension due to not being in UK and paying into UK  scheme for sufficient years.

I have 37 years contributions, these days that would have been plenty for a full pension.   The 2 different pension schemes seem unfair.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/12/2022 21:50

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:57 by DavidKlyne

I think it an important distinction as its obviously a tablet on which you can read books as opposed the the accepted use of the word Kindle as being principally a book reader. Apologies if I misunderstood that distinction in an earlier post. 

On the more general subject. I know I bang on about using a laptop in the van or a PC at home but I have rarely had a problem with the system being out of date and not being able to use newer websites. We all obviously select our method of connecting to the internet that suits us but it does seem that some systems go out of date or are unsupported in a shorter period than others. Surely the Club can only make its software compatible with systems currently in place and receiving updates. If not how far do they go back? Is it actually possible to go back to non supported versions of software?

David

Posted on 17/12/2022 21:50

No problen, David, I didn't explain fully.

However other systems that are much older and have been much better updated  than the new CC system work fine on not only my current Tablet but also on my very old kindle. It is the incompetence of those that have devised the new  booking system that should be taking responsibility for its very poor performance for many members devices, regardless of how old they are, within reason.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook