New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/12/2022 19:03

Posted on 17/12/2022 17:27 by KjellNN

I think it is poor that maybe the Club expect users to have the most up to date devices, as do some posting on here.

My i pad is 5 years old, OH's is now 4 years old, they both seem to work absolutely fine, other than on the CAMC website.

Why would we want to replace them?

Phones.......we get our  children's hand me downs, they are not that old, 3-4 years, yet still we have problems on CAMC website.

As pensioners on a pretty much fixed income, we cannot justify spending on the most up to date hardware.

+ 10% come April,  on part of my State Pension,  is not going to be a lot!

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:03

"Why would we want to replace them?"

You replace them when they no longer perform as required, when the software is no longer supported, when the memory is insufficient, when they will not host the latest apps, when the battery fades away….. There are numerous reasons, Kj.

I don’t think people on here who are successfully making bookings are only using the latest tech gear. I’ve seen people mentioning quite old devices.

Incidentally, did you in Scotland get the extra £300 cost of living payment on top of the £200 winter fuel payment? It all helps👍🏻

JVB66 replied on 17/12/2022 19:13

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:03 by Tinwheeler

You replace them when they no longer perform as required, when the software is no longer supported, when the memory is insufficient, when they will not host the latest apps, when the battery fades away….. There are numerous reasons, Kj.

I don’t think people on here who are successfully making bookings are only using the latest tech gear. I’ve seen people mentioning quite old devices.

Incidentally, did you in Scotland get the extra £300 cost of living payment on top of the £200 winter fuel payment? It all helps👍🏻

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:13

Some who post on here may well be successful in making bookings on older than the latest equipment,but older equipment And not fast Internet makes for problems with this clubs system  lets hope the next website introduction of Feb? 2023 is a lot more user friendly that this system isundecided

We can only hope it will be like the old system in its ease of use with the additional cancellation period with if really needed by the vocal minority who may well now be regretting what they wantedsmile

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 19:33

Posted on 17/12/2022 13:55 by peedee

I think you must be using the new booking system rather than the "Certificated Location Search" which is on the Find a UK campsite drop down menu and takes you to the old CL search function.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:33

Yes I was as I was searching for sites and CLs in a given area. 

Bit of a faff having to do 2 types of searches. Good that they have sorted out the CL search. 

nelliethehooker replied on 17/12/2022 19:43

Posted on 17/12/2022 10:21 by peedee

Horses for courses, why use what is essentially a book reader to access and browse the internet.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:43

Never had any problem with the old system. I have quite a number of apps downloaded on it and they all work without any problem. I use silk browser to access the internet, which I am using at the moment.  

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 19:45

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:38 by nelliethehooker

That's the one TW. Sorry for not being more explict.embarassed

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:45

Nellie check my earlier post, works fine for me on my Kindle Fire. 

nelliethehooker replied on 17/12/2022 19:48

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:47 by peedee

I agree it is choice but not as my primary source much like I only use my phone to access the internet when there is no other choice. Desk top every time for me and tablet when mobile, phone is the last choice.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:48

I have a desk top at home, but it is much too big to take away in our van, and as we spend about 3/4 of the year away in our caravan I need a decent web site to enable me to search for sites to visit, as we don't book a full trip before heading off for perhaps 8-10 weeks.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/12/2022 19:57

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:45 by Tammygirl

Nellie check my earlier post, works fine for me on my Kindle Fire. 

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:57

Not on mine it didn't TG. As I said it came up, after an interminable pause with a totally different club site in a different county than the one I selected to view..      '..ing useless yell

KjellNN replied on 17/12/2022 19:59

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:03 by Tinwheeler

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:59

Yes, as I am over 80, our WFP is £300 , plus we got the extra £300 pensioner payment, so  £600 in all,   That will pay for a month and a half of gas and electricity up here at this time of year.

Our i pads are working fine on other than the Club website, where they frequently "freeze" , but not to worry, we will not be booking a club site.

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 20:11

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:57 by nelliethehooker

Not on mine it didn't TG. As I said it came up, after an interminable pause with a totally different club site in a different county than the one I selected to view..      '..ing useless yell

Posted on 17/12/2022 20:11

Very strange, I remember someone saying you have to select the place that has UK after the name ie Yorkshire UK or it gives you random places. 

Having not long got back from over there I'm just getting to grips with the new booking system so trying it out on the devices I take away with us.

I see using the CL search has been fixed if you use the drop down choice rather than using the book a site option. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook