New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/12/2022 20:14

Posted on 16/12/2022 20:14

Don't know how others get the "new" booking system to work when doing a general search. I have tried twice to see site in Yorkshire. Last night it produce a list including Hebden Bridge, which I selected and the result after about 2 mins was Cheshire Fairoaks!! Tonight I have just tried again and this time selected a CL to view and the details of a totally different one appeared, after a long delay. As far as I am concerned the system is completely useless. I am using my 2yr old kindle for the search.

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 06:59

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:53 by Metheven

That is the biggest problem I have with CAMC, I can forgive the mistakes in application but the lack of communication from the top is a serious breach with a concerned membership.

Is it too much to ask that someone on high pens a reply on here, rather than the front desk employees.

Posted on 17/12/2022 06:59

It might help if we knew where to get Club news. It seems to appear everywhere but the web site. Surely the Club news page on the web site should be the primary  place for all Club announcements on the internet with a banner on the home page! As it is you have to dig pretty deep to even find the Club news page.

peedee

young thomas replied on 17/12/2022 08:47

Posted on 16/12/2022 20:14 by nelliethehooker

Don't know how others get the "new" booking system to work when doing a general search. I have tried twice to see site in Yorkshire. Last night it produce a list including Hebden Bridge, which I selected and the result after about 2 mins was Cheshire Fairoaks!! Tonight I have just tried again and this time selected a CL to view and the details of a totally different one appeared, after a long delay. As far as I am concerned the system is completely useless. I am using my 2yr old kindle for the search.

Posted on 17/12/2022 08:47

I haven't spotted any other Kindle users on the forum, if there are any, are they getting the same issues?

we are all aware that there are discrepancies between the web/app suitability across different platforms but Amazon's Kindle must be one of the rarest used I'd suggest.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/12/2022 09:59

Posted on 17/12/2022 08:47 by young thomas

I haven't spotted any other Kindle users on the forum, if there are any, are they getting the same issues?

we are all aware that there are discrepancies between the web/app suitability across different platforms but Amazon's Kindle must be one of the rarest used I'd suggest.

Posted on 17/12/2022 09:59

I have got Margaret a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas to replace a very, very old previous version. It's still working but some functionality is being reduced which might impact on being able to download content, hence the the new Kindle. It seems to have an "Amazon" browser which when its set up I will have a play with. I don't think it has the ability to download Apps? So I assume Nellie just has access to the main website on his kindle? Given the recent change by the Club to go back to the original CL web pages that might be an advantage? Main sites maybe not?

David

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 10:21

Posted on 17/12/2022 10:21

Horses for courses, why use what is essentially a book reader to access and browse the internet.

peedee

Takethedogalong replied on 17/12/2022 10:54

Posted on 17/12/2022 10:54

Choice? I used to use my Kindle for internet browsing before I got an iPad. Worked very well. 

Bakers2 replied on 17/12/2022 11:09

Posted on 17/12/2022 10:54 by Takethedogalong

Choice? I used to use my Kindle for internet browsing before I got an iPad. Worked very well. 

Posted on 17/12/2022 11:09

Likewise. I now use an android tablet and the kindle app for reading. 

When they changed the site, when this thread started, it ate my words as I was using the Kindle..........

No idea on IT, but I'm not alone, some are employed as IT by the club 🤐🤐🤐🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 12:07

Posted on 16/12/2022 20:14 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:07

I've just tried it on my Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, it's 1 year old. 

Worked fine for me, I typed in Yorkshire for location.

Then some dates, hit search and selected Yorkshire UK, which is second on the drop down list.

All sites in Yorkshire with available sites were listed.

Surprised me as its the first time I've used it to do a search. 

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 12:21

Posted on 17/12/2022 09:59 by DavidKlyne

I have got Margaret a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas to replace a very, very old previous version. It's still working but some functionality is being reduced which might impact on being able to download content, hence the the new Kindle. It seems to have an "Amazon" browser which when its set up I will have a play with. I don't think it has the ability to download Apps? So I assume Nellie just has access to the main website on his kindle? Given the recent change by the Club to go back to the original CL web pages that might be an advantage? Main sites maybe not?

David

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:21

Not sure about that version of Kindle but my 'Fire' can download apps. I've even managed to get it to accept Google.

I have apps for various things on it, including Camping Car Parks, BBCiplayer, ITVX, chanel4, chanel5, Google playstore, Google play books etc.

Took a bit of doing as you have to do a work around. Amazon block quite a lot of things but if you search on the net you will find lots of info. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook