New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Metheven replied on 16/12/2022 10:53

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:44 by Takethedogalong

It’s a good job folks review Sites on TP (although strangely don’t seem to mention where🤷‍♀️) otherwise the Club’s overall rating would have plummeted further. As it is, the lack of communication and initial launch of the new booking system has possibly damaged the Club’s reputation.

The whole thing has improved, but it’s the not listening and effectively communicating that is my personal grievance with the Club. Senior Management seem utterly incapable of fronting any kind of meaningful apology to the overall membership. It’s left piecemeal to front line staff, working mainly from a script. Very disappointing.

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:53

That is the biggest problem I have with CAMC, I can forgive the mistakes in application but the lack of communication from the top is a serious breach with a concerned membership.

Is it too much to ask that someone on high pens a reply on here, rather than the front desk employees.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/12/2022 11:03

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:53 by Metheven

That is the biggest problem I have with CAMC, I can forgive the mistakes in application but the lack of communication from the top is a serious breach with a concerned membership.

Posted on 16/12/2022 11:03

......and ex-membership.

Yes, it really is unforgivable and doesn't bode well for future relations between CAMC and its members - or with the public in general.

huskydog replied on 16/12/2022 11:25

Posted on 16/12/2022 11:25

Now , I see the CAMC as a leisure business that I pay for a discount card to use their sites , there are other options I can use if I don’t like what the CAMC is offering 

DavidKlyne replied on 16/12/2022 11:54

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:53 by Metheven

Is it too much to ask that someone on high pens a reply on here, rather than the front desk employees.

Posted on 16/12/2022 11:54

Communications on important questions has always been poor. They are good at what I call the "happy-clappy" stuff but not with real substance. It's ironic in a way that it took COVID for the AGM to  become a more open occasion where proper questions can be asked and in the main get proper answers. This forum has been going for about 10 years now and I have never seen anyone who would be classed as a senior figure in the Club make a contribution here. I don't imagine for one moment that is about to change? I have no interest in apologies as they are often empty gestures but it would be nice to see concerns of members addressed.

David

brue replied on 16/12/2022 12:05

Posted on 16/12/2022 11:25 by huskydog

Now , I see the CAMC as a leisure business that I pay for a discount card to use their sites , there are other options I can use if I don’t like what the CAMC is offering 

Posted on 16/12/2022 12:05

As many of us already do Husky but the point of "membership" goes beyond discounts there are members representing all of us and making decisions on financing projects like the new booking system. Unfortunately CL owners and users  (for instance) don't have other options and just this week the club have reintroduced the previous booking system for CLs. But they haven't made a formal announcement on the website. Luckily some of us have heard this on here but that's just a few of us. 

I'm not too bothered about club responses on here but on the main web site this is now really lacking..

Hja replied on 16/12/2022 13:21

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:18 by Metheven

Is there a big problem that's worth getting in a 'tizzy' about, it just takes a little longer and a little more thought to negotiate the site and booking procedure. If I was worried, concerned or frustrated I rather wish this was at the top end of my list in the present climate. 

Posted on 16/12/2022 13:21

As far as I am concerned there is still a major problem until they properly sort out the CL part of the site. Especially the access to FULL CL info from map view (however you get to the map)

InaD replied on 16/12/2022 17:06

Posted on 16/12/2022 17:06

Following on from my previous posts and after seeing Rowena's post on page 264 with this link for searching for CLs only:

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/

I clicked on it (on my Samsung tablet, Android 12), but still got the new, green, booking system with map alongside.  I then thought I'd try it on my phone. I hadn't previously tried it on that, as I prefer to use my tablet for website searching, and also, my phone is nearly 5 years old, and runs on Android 9 (Nokia 5), so I thought that if it doesn't work on my much more recent tablet, it won't work on that.  Well, how wrong I was - when I clicked on Rowena's link, it did take me to the original CL search........

I don't understand that it works on a 3 versions older system, but it does.  And as I said before, the link DK put on many pages ago, did take me to the original system on this tablet, yet Rowena's link didn't.

Life is full of mysteries undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook