New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Rowena replied on 15/12/2022 16:14

Posted on 13/12/2022 16:59 by paulmold

For your information: 

"The CAMC website (not the app) has now reverted back to the old style search facility for searching for CL sites. This is where you now get directed to when you click the 'book a certificated location' on the website."

Posted on 15/12/2022 16:14

Hi everyone, We recognise that not all members search in the same way and as such you can now either search for CLs alongside UK Club sites using the new search functionality on the website via the homepage. Or, if you prefer you can search for only CLs using this link https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/.

Please note: Prices and directions for CLs are visible only to members on the individual site details pages www.camc.com/cls

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 17:48

Posted on 15/12/2022 12:02 by Tinwheeler

Did they? Other folk seem to be coping without iPads or SSD.

Posted on 15/12/2022 17:48

Do they or as usual  retisent to put their heads above the parapet sealed

Tinwheeler replied on 15/12/2022 17:51

Posted on 15/12/2022 17:48 by JVB66

Do they or as usual  retisent to put their heads above the parapet sealed

Posted on 15/12/2022 17:51

No, they seem to be posting here of their successful booking experiences. 

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 17:56

Posted on 15/12/2022 17:56

Also any where and there are it seems many areas that have poor Internet speeds or as a telecoms engineer working in the virgin cabinet near our garage .says nothing is coming anywhere near the speeds that are advertised, unless you are next door to a switching station and they are nearly all in BT exchanges

Some friends of ours in West Summerton Norfolk and the others in the lanes they all live in , were about five years ago quoted £6000 per property  to have fibre optic cables to increase their Internet speeds from 2? whatever that means

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 18:15

Posted on 15/12/2022 13:41 by SteveL

It doesn’t start ticking until you go to the checkout brue and when I added a second item it started at 42 minutes. So as long as it works correctly time shouldn’t be an issue. I think that’s part of the problem, the system is held together with sticking plaster and you are never sure when something will drop off.

Posted on 15/12/2022 18:15

Are you talking at home with good Internet or when mobile or on sites

Hja replied on 15/12/2022 20:01

Posted on 15/12/2022 16:14 by Rowena

Hi everyone, We recognise that not all members search in the same way and as such you can now either search for CLs alongside UK Club sites using the new search functionality on the website via the homepage. Or, if you prefer you can search for only CLs using this link https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/.

Please note: Prices and directions for CLs are visible only to members on the individual site details pages www.camc.com/cls

Posted on 15/12/2022 20:01

Thanks Rowena.  However when you take the View CLs on Map link you return to the "new" booking system i.e. without full details.  In the "old" system the map view still linked to the full details.  Is the Club going to reinstate that?

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 20:27

Posted on 15/12/2022 18:15 by JVB66

Are you talking at home with good Internet or when mobile or on sites

Posted on 15/12/2022 20:27

Internet speed via mobile on site is rarely an issue. We can normally get speeds of at least 20 to 30mb on either my EE or OH O2 phone. At home we have about 70 mbs on fibre to the cabinet. However, all are overkill for the new booking system, 5 mbs is plenty. I don’t subscribe to CC WiFi anymore, it was OK when there was less 4G coverage, but that has improved immensely over the last few years. Unless it’s improved significantly since I last used it, there would generally be insufficient bandwidth to cope with the new booking system.

brue replied on 15/12/2022 21:20

Posted on 15/12/2022 20:01 by Hja

Thanks Rowena.  However when you take the View CLs on Map link you return to the "new" booking system i.e. without full details.  In the "old" system the map view still linked to the full details.  Is the Club going to reinstate that?

Posted on 15/12/2022 21:20

I've just tried this and clicked on the map search and got a random list of 20 CLs, I clicked map search again and got a uk map which seems to cover everywhere from N to S. Don't understand what is going on really, just seems a total jumble. frown

cyberyacht replied on 16/12/2022 08:07

Posted on 15/12/2022 08:46 by young thomas

Pretty much where we are...

CAMC...sites way too expensive for what they deliver, clean but basic offering. CLs still attractive and we will stay members for these. Don't even use Club for ferries these days as other options are cheaper, and have customer service offices open 24/7..useful when 'away'. Awful customer approach, latest booking debacle a case in point.

C&CC..sites similar to CAMC but with some different processes (booking). CS sites a useful complement to CLs. THS sites the 'unexpected' jewel in the C&CC crown, cheap, no booking, stay as long as you like, no deposits, no cancellation T/Cs, great town locations where 'proper' sites don't exist. 

Posted on 16/12/2022 08:07

You forgot the "Splash and Dash" service.

So overall "Camping & Caravan Club" are more motorhome oriented than "Caravan & Motorhome Club". Who'd have thought it?

Anyway leaving that aside, a thread with around 2500 posts show clearly that "there's trouble at mill"

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook