New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 13:49

Posted on 15/12/2022 11:53 by Lyke Wake Man

I don't like tablets as the letters on the screen are too small, I prefer my laptop, as for not being able to charge when off grid, we have a inverter in our van, so plug laptop  dyson in that

Posted on 15/12/2022 13:49

If something is to small on my iPad I can enlarge it in a second simply by moving my fingers apart. As in the example below. Plus although the screens are smaller they are often way better definition than many lap tops.

peedee replied on 15/12/2022 14:04

Posted on 15/12/2022 11:00 by young thomas

BT is EE these days, I think.

if I had to choose the two most reliable I'd go for Vodafone and EE but there is no one answer.πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:04

EE is indeed owned by BT, they bought it from Deutsche Telecom and France Telecom who jointly owned it. (its origins were in T-Mobile and Orange)

O2 is owned by Virgin Media (think its origins were NTL and Mercury Comms)

Three Mobile is owned by Hutchison a Hong Kong based company, I think Hutchison originally started Orange?

Vodafone is of course UK owned and is possibly the only original mobile network provider of the lot.

Everything else, Tescos, Giff Gaff, L:ebara etc are virtual networks carried on one of the above.

peedee

EmilysDad replied on 15/12/2022 14:13

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:04 by peedee

EE is indeed owned by BT, they bought it from Deutsche Telecom and France Telecom who jointly owned it. (its origins were in T-Mobile and Orange)

Three Mobile is owned by Hutchison a Hong Kong based company, I think Hutchison originally started Orange?

Vodafone is of course UK owned and is possibly the only original mobile network provider of the lot.

Everything else, Tescos, Giff Gaff, L:ebara etc are virtual networks carried on one of the above.

peedee

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:13

A neighbour used to work for Hutchison, they started the 'Rabbit' phones which basically allowed you to use your home phone number while out & about. He said their aim was to put a phone in everyone's pocket. At the time we thought ... 'As if! Why would you want/need to carry a phone around with you?' 

How little did we know!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_(telecommunications)

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/12/2022 14:20

Posted on 15/09/2022 13:27 by EmilysDad

.... software for ever. Period.

Argh! you mean FULL STOP .....

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:20

🀣🀣🀣. Nice one CRπŸ‘πŸ»

young thomas replied on 15/12/2022 14:21

Posted on 15/12/2022 11:53 by Lyke Wake Man

I don't like tablets as the letters on the screen are too small, I prefer my laptop, as for not being able to charge when off grid, we have a inverter in our van, so plug laptop  dyson in that

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:21

You wouldnt want to be using the inverter much this weather, not much in the way of sunshine to replace the power used.

we have 300w on the roof but even that can't collect something that isn't there. 
a simple tablet for browsing is far easier, IMHO.

I don't find letters or maps or other elements of a web page too small, just pinch or unpinch the screen to make it larger🀷🏻‍♂️

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/12/2022 14:26

Posted on 15/12/2022 11:00 by young thomas

BT is EE these days, I think.

if I had to choose the two most reliable I'd go for Vodafone and EE but there is no one answer.πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:26

Plusnet(BT) uses EE so I agree with you.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/12/2022 14:50

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:04 by peedee

peedee

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:50

O2 and Virgin Mobile merged their UK businesses -

"Liberty Global, which owns the UK’s largest cable company Virgin, and Telefónica, which owns Britain’s biggest mobile operator O2, are to merge their UK operations in a new 50-50 joint venture."

It's ironic that BT founded BT Cellnet then sold the operation, renamed O2, to Telefonica and some years later bought EE to fill the gap it left. 🀷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, reception permitting, I doubt there’s much between any of them when it comes to using the new booking system.

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 15:49

Posted on 15/12/2022 15:49

Anyway, reception permitting, I doubt there’s much between any of them when it comes to using the new booking system.

Agree as long as you can get 5 mbs or better the new booking system runs In a reasonably fluid fashion. Any less, which is almost always the case on CC WiFi and it keeps locking up, particularly if trying to use the map.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook