New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 10:02

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:43 by Rocky 2 buckets

It was not unhelpful, you attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you. There are a lot who’ve mastered the system others who hold everyone but themselves accountable. You need to master it or accept it’s beyond you. The complaining every hour is not helping you🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:02

So your comment that it is my problem is not an attack again? 

Before posting any thing again please consider other sensible options 

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 10:05

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:40 by JVB66

When trying to book it takes so long now that the booking never completes the process 

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:05

JVB when I make a booking on the iPad, it doesn’t put any time restraint up until I go to checkout. Then it says this basket will time out in 29 minutes and counts down from there. If your device is showing less than this, or timing out before the clock reaches zero, it would be worth reporting on the feedback form, with details of your device. There is certainly great variability on how the new booking service looks and works on different platforms, as can be seen in many of the posts in this thread.

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 10:08

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:05 by SteveL

JVB when I make a booking on the iPad, it doesn’t put any time restraint up until I go to checkout. Then it says this basket will time out in 29 minutes and counts down from there. If your device is showing less than this, or timing out before the clock reaches zero, it would be worth reporting on the feedback form, with details of your device. There is certainly great variability on how the new booking service looks and works on different platforms, as can be seen in many of the posts in this thread.

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:08

You get as far as the basket? 

I have never had problems before

And the ccc site works on my tablet

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 10:16

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:16

That may be how you see things but without doubt this thread would probably be half the length if PC/Laptop's were still in common use by the majority of members

That would probably be due to the fact that the majority would have been using a windows based machine. So less devices for it to be tested on. These days there are such a variety of devices and operating systems testing is much more important and the CC have failed miserably in that regard.

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 10:19

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:01 by Tinwheeler

But only for you which points to it being something to do with you - your connection/network/device.....

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:19

That is so helpful and just what other have said, it is a slow Internet which is being exasrbated by the long winded booking system we have been given,it was never a proble previously  

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 10:23

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:08 by JVB66

I have never had problems before

And the ccc site works on my tablet

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:23

Yes except when it was first released, never had a problem with the first phase. I’ve not checked out that many times yet but the slowest only took about 5 minutes. If your being timed out routinely it would be well worth using the feedback form.

I do think that they seem to have tested it more on Apple devices than Android. There certainly seem to be fewer issues mentioned on CT re iOS devices.

Goldie146 replied on 15/12/2022 10:40

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:40

I'm a bit behind in this thread (busy thawing out pipes in the pantry and lighting a fire), and not really planning on booking anything at the moment. But, to show I'm still interested in CT -

We take a laptop, not the smallest (17 inch) but fast with loads of storage. We use it to watch downloaded films etc, and as it's regularly updated to match our desktop, I have all the farm business information available if I need it. I know it can be accessed via th Cloud, but I like it in the here and now.

We've a large caravan so space isn't an issue, so we have a "tech bag" with laptop, 2 iPads, Kindle and chargers.

Sorry - wandered a bit of topic. Back to reality now as my fingers are too cold to type, and it's difficult with gloves on).

Takethedogalong replied on 15/12/2022 10:40

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:40

Forgive my IT ignorance, not got any of the knowledge many have on here, but I don’t think it is the App I use on my IPad, just the usual website? I do have the App loaded on my phone, but don’t use it.

I know the systems are different, as I can change my avatar photo on the MacBook, but not on my iPad🤷‍♀️ 

brue replied on 15/12/2022 10:55

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:55

I'm glad the "basket" time for bookings has increased from 20 mins to 29 mins, anyone making multiple bookings still needs to be nippy. Not much time for browsing. If your access to WiFi is slow this will add to the challenge.

I've never downloaded the CAMC app so can't comment about it.

I tend to use my phone on the move.

young thomas replied on 15/12/2022 11:00

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:35 by JVB66

If there is a reliable phone network I am on three and OHs phone although I use it as she now cannot is on BT?

Posted on 15/12/2022 11:00

BT is EE these days, I think.

if I had to choose the two most reliable I'd go for Vodafone and EE but there is no one answer.🤷🏻‍♂️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook