New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 09:09

Posted on 15/12/2022 08:58 by young thomas

David, tablets are designed to allow folk to retain a browsing experience and to use other processes via apps WITHOUT a PC.

PC are usually mains powered (even to charge their batteries) and not everyone is touring with mains all the time. Tablets are so simple to use and charge with 12v USBs and are instantly available, and who wants to do 'word processing' and 'spreadsheets' away from home on tour?

either way, a long word type passage can easily be prepared in an iPad or similar, you don't have to choose between a PC and a small phone screen. With an iPad and iPhone, notes, mails documents are all instantly sync'd with each other. I take photos on a phone and they're ready on the ipad in seconds.

who really needs a laptop when all most want to do is tap into their favourite social media stream or check emails and do a bit of online stuff like banking.

organisations who are serious about giving everyone access to their company offering will have an app that runs successfully on IOS, Android etc for tablets and phones.

Those that can't/don't find themselves in the position CAMC is in, customers struggling, not happy and posting on social media about it.

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:09

Even tablets as we have are not a lot of good with this clubs latest booking debacle as unless it seems you have a good Internet connection it is a waste of time trying

I agree that this club will need to seriously up their game and have a 7day presence in their call centres for member's to book

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/12/2022 09:22

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:22

It isn’t the fault of CAMC that you have a weak Local area network(internet)-that is your responsibility🤷🏻‍♂️

young thomas replied on 15/12/2022 09:27

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:27

Yes, I certainly wouldn't be relying on (and paying for) the club network. With a cheap data card, it's easy these days to get your own network which is far more reliable and has just a tiny amount of 'dead spots'.

if a couple both have phones, choosing different networks will give resilience that takes care of most of todays network issues.

folk might be beholden to club sites but they don't have to be reliant on its (not too special) network, especially as the new app appears to be a bit more resource hungry.

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 09:28

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:22 by Rocky 2 buckets

It isn’t the fault of CAMC that you have a weak Local area network(internet)-that is your responsibility🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:28

On a club site at this time?

And at home it is not because we have slow Internet as it works on other websites just booking takes to long and it drops out,CAMC fault 

Next unhelpful comment?

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 09:35

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:27 by young thomas

Yes, I certainly wouldn't be relying on (and paying for) the club network. With a cheap data card, it's easy these days to get your own network which is far more reliable and has just a tiny amount of 'dead spots'.

if a couple both have phones, choosing different networks will give resilience that takes care of most of todays network issues.

folk might be beholden to club sites but they don't have to be reliant on its (not too special) network, especially as the new app appears to be a bit more resource hungry.

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:35

If there is a reliable phone network I am on three and OHs phone although I use it as she now cannot is on BT?

Tinwheeler replied on 15/12/2022 09:36

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:28 by JVB66

And at home it is not because we have slow Internet as it works on other websites just booking takes to long and it drops out,CAMC fault 

Next unhelpful comment?

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:36

Dropping out? Amongst the myriad faults reported about the bookings system, you seem to be the only person with that issue, JV. 

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2022 09:40

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:36 by Tinwheeler

Dropping out? Amongst the myriad faults reported about the bookings system, you seem to be the only person with that issue, JV. 

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:40

When trying to book it takes so long now that the booking never completes the process 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/12/2022 09:43

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:28 by JVB66

Next unhelpful comment?

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:43

It was not unhelpful, you attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you. There are a lot who’ve mastered the system others who hold everyone but themselves accountable. You need to master it or accept it’s beyond you. The complaining every hour is not helping you🤷🏻‍♂️

DavidKlyne replied on 15/12/2022 09:54

Posted on 15/12/2022 08:58 by young thomas

David, tablets are designed to allow folk to retain a browsing experience and to use other processes via apps WITHOUT a PC.

PC are usually mains powered (even to charge their batteries) and not everyone is touring with mains all the time. Tablets are so simple to use and charge with 12v USBs and are instantly available, and who wants to do 'word processing' and 'spreadsheets' away from home on tour?

either way, a long word type passage can easily be prepared in an iPad or similar, you don't have to choose between a PC and a small phone screen. With an iPad and iPhone, notes, mails documents are all instantly sync'd with each other. I take photos on a phone and they're ready on the ipad in seconds.

who really needs a laptop when all most want to do is tap into their favourite social media stream or check emails and do a bit of online stuff like banking.

organisations who are serious about giving everyone access to their company offering will have an app that runs successfully on IOS, Android etc for tablets and phones.

Those that can't/don't find themselves in the position CAMC is in, customers struggling, not happy and posting on social media about it.

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:54

YT

That may be how you see things but without doubt this thread would probably be half the length if PC/Laptop's were still in common use by the majority of members as the majority of the problems are associated with use of the App rather than the system itself. As I have mentioned I think the Club took a misstep by trying to combine network site bookings with a search facility for CL's. Whether they have now realised that it would be better to have separate Apps we have yet to see. I maintain that a successful App will deal with one theme rather than multi, unconnected tasks. There is no doubt that the emergence of both smartphones and and tablets have introduced more people to web based activities who may have otherwise not have purchased a computer. The two types can go hand in hand but in terms of productivity a PC/Laptop will win hands down. No problem with charging, I can do that from the vehicle power supply which won't be necessary as like probably the majority of members I am usually on hook-up.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 15/12/2022 10:01

Posted on 15/12/2022 09:40 by JVB66

When trying to book it takes so long now that the booking never completes the process 

Posted on 15/12/2022 10:01

But only for you which points to it being something to do with you - your connection/network/device.....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook