New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2022 17:13

Posted on 14/12/2022 17:13

I can fire up our ancient MacBook (circa 2013) and access most websites easily and quickly. I think it’s more about this website than the devices to be honest. This is the only website I use that is consistently very slow and clunky to use, although (ironically) the old booking system was by far the quickest part of it. 🤷‍♀️

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2022 17:42

Posted on 14/12/2022 17:42

It is going to be  very interesting next year if this club persist in keeping this system,,as it is 

The only bit of sense so far shown is reverting to the original simple to use CL system 

But then as site staff have said , as we are way below the pay grades of the blue sky thinkers and they not listen to us , what chance for the majority of the membership 

Even if they try to say you spoke/suggested we listened ?

GEandGJE replied on 14/12/2022 17:48

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:59 by Takethedogalong

Agree. I am of the firm opinion this Club couldn’t communicate about a party in a brewery successfully. 

Posted on 14/12/2022 17:48

And some on CT would argue that you could buy a pint cheaper at a little craft brewery down the road.

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2022 18:02

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:59 by Takethedogalong

Agree. I am of the firm opinion this Club couldn’t communicate about a party in a brewery successfully. 

Posted on 14/12/2022 18:02

The big problem with that is the word Communicate as  with this club  that word  does not appear in the vocabulary of most departments cool

born2wander replied on 14/12/2022 18:37

Posted on 14/12/2022 18:37

Quite honestly, I am planning to cancel my membership in 2023, this is due to their "NEW" web site, deposits being required (I have NEVER failed to turn up when pre booked) and they will not even assist MEMBERS to empty/fill their tanks at any COST. 

That is even not to mention the HIGH cost of their sites.

After MANY MANY MANY years I have decided this CLUB is not for me, but there again it's Toooooooooooooo big a club to worry about pensioners like me.

frown

Tinwheeler replied on 14/12/2022 18:56

Posted on 14/12/2022 18:37 by born2wander

Quite honestly, I am planning to cancel my membership in 2023, this is due to their "NEW" web site, deposits being required (I have NEVER failed to turn up when pre booked) and they will not even assist MEMBERS to empty/fill their tanks at any COST. 

That is even not to mention the HIGH cost of their sites.

After MANY MANY MANY years I have decided this CLUB is not for me, but there again it's Toooooooooooooo big a club to worry about pensioners like me.

frown

Posted on 14/12/2022 18:56

B2W, I didn't expect CAMC to take account of my age, health or financial circumstances. Why should they? For me, it wasn’t the deposit aspect as such as I’ve no truck with that and the terms are more lenient than those of many holiday operators. However, the shoddy way they treat members, the very poor communications and the utter incompetency shown by the launch of a system not fit for purpose in its original state made me decide to put my money where my mouth is.

huskydog replied on 14/12/2022 19:20

Posted on 14/12/2022 19:20

Strewth, are members still moaning about the system? It’s simple if you don’t like it then move on , I don’t like shopping in Tescos ,but I don’t keeping going on their website and moan about it I go to  another supermarket. 

There are other camp sites which equal this “club “ ( leisure business) if you look .

the system is not perfect, but I have other more important things to do than keep winning  about it cool

brue replied on 14/12/2022 20:55

Posted on 14/12/2022 19:20 by huskydog

Strewth, are members still moaning about the system? It’s simple if you don’t like it then move on , I don’t like shopping in Tescos ,but I don’t keeping going on their website and moan about it I go to  another supermarket. 

There are other camp sites which equal this “club “ ( leisure business) if you look .

the system is not perfect, but I have other more important things to do than keep winning  about it cool

Posted on 14/12/2022 20:55

So sorry you've got more important things to do than post on here.....laughing

Hja replied on 14/12/2022 21:27

Posted on 14/12/2022 21:27

Well, we are retaining our Club membership for the CL network.  We have been Club members for more years than I can remember, all the time we had caravans, and I think my parent were members as well.  We have never even considered joining the CCC, but we have now done so.  We dont usually use Club sites and we will see how we get on with both the CCC own sites and their CSs.  Maybe even their Temp Holiday Sites (which are clearly cheaper than the CAMC equivalent).  Then make a decision about which site to belong to in a year's time.

Because we dont usually use Club sites the deposit system doesnt impact on us, although I do think they have make an absolute hash of introducing it, and I think there are lots of bits that go beyond straightforward deposits that will come back to bite them e.g. the various, unclear charges for making minor changes to bookings.  I deplore the way they have treated CLs and members who use CLs - they just dont seem to care.  I understand the need for the Club to be financially secure and to be able to compete within the campsite part of the leisure industry, but I do feel that any "club member" ethos is rapidly disappearing.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/12/2022 21:41

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:04 by Takethedogalong

It might well be your system InaD. Years ago, anyone who used Apple devices was in the position you find yourself in now, so frustrating.

DK could well have hit a grain of truth as well. System devised for use at home on a Desk top or a laptop. Like we all tour with desktop onboard don’t we?🤷‍♀️ Shortsighted and pathetically inept reasoning springs to mind, but hey ho, what do I know🤷‍♀️

Posted on 14/12/2022 21:41

Whats wrong with taking a laptop away with you, I have been doing it for years, all over the UK and Europe! I would recommend it. My current one has a 14 inch screen, decent processor. OK it's not quite as compact as a tablet but it is small enough not to take up too much room. It allows me to do word processing and spreadsheets which are more difficult on a tablet and I would think near impossible on a phone? Now, as I understand it, this new software is used elsewhere as a booking system, not sure whether it was for hotels or package holidays. Almost certainly it would have been run on proper PC's. Phones and tablets are fine if you want them to do relatively simple tasks. When away I use my phone to check banking, the state of heating at home (depending on time of year) and lots of other single task applications. This goes back to the point I was making, expecting to book holidays with deposits and view and gather information on CL's on a single App, when they are different requirements is over complicating things if you want to use a phone or a tablet. Even on a PC or Laptop it would be preferable that the two are separated for ease of use.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook