New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Burgundy replied on 14/12/2022 09:32

Posted on 14/12/2022 09:32

On the home page scroll down till you see “Book a Certified Location” on the right hand side, this takes you to the old booking system for CLs. (On iPad)

Lyke Wake Man replied on 14/12/2022 09:47

Posted on 14/12/2022 09:47

with reference to members saying click on C.L. and it now takes to the old system, Yes it works.

So is the club admitting that they made a c*** up with the new system

THE Vanterrier replied on 14/12/2022 10:21

Posted on 14/12/2022 10:21

Is there something wrong with how the maps are rendered on my Samsung S9 phone or does CAMC really think this view is acceptable? There's hardly any map visible!

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2022 10:27

Posted on 14/12/2022 10:27

We had some working site staff round for a fish and chip supper last week and amongst the many subjects we talked abou was of course this booking system 

One thing that they were not really surprised about was when they had a member of EGH staff on site and when asked about booking in add visitors who were to stay with those already on site ,it was a question that "why would they have visitors?"was the answer as the system was not designed for that as with it being an overseas booking system it was not expected  

brue replied on 14/12/2022 10:46

Posted on 14/12/2022 10:21 by THE Vanterrier

Is there something wrong with how the maps are rendered on my Samsung S9 phone or does CAMC really think this view is acceptable? There's hardly any map visible!

Posted on 14/12/2022 10:46

I think this is one of the problems it's the same for me on my phone, it's much better on my laptop (chrome book.) I prefer list searches and then a link to a map. The map enthusiasts and the list enthusiasts are divided both by their preferences and by the screen set up on different devices. We've ended up with a muddled compromise.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2022 11:14

Posted on 13/12/2022 23:12 by InaD

Brue, I clicked on your link,then on the redsearch box, but still get the new booking page, beginning to think it's me undecided

Posted on 14/12/2022 11:14

InaD, DO NOT click on the Red search button, that’s where the problem is. That takes you to the new system. You need to click on the Book a CL picture link shown in the photo in an above post. 

Avoid that Red Search button if you can👍

Click sequence is Logo very top left of page, scroll down to picture box on Right of page that says Book a Certificated Location.

This should bring up the old search method for CLs. You just use as usual from there. 🤞

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2022 11:25

Posted on 14/12/2022 09:47 by Lyke Wake Man

with reference to members saying click on C.L. and it now takes to the old system, Yes it works.

So is the club admitting that they made a c*** up with the new system

Posted on 14/12/2022 11:25

Going back to the old system has made searching life easier for those of us who use a lot of CLs. It’s possibly the best thing that could have happened from the CL owners point of view as well.

As for the Club admitting that any aspect of the new booking system isn’t fit for purpose…..not a prayer. 

peedee replied on 14/12/2022 11:39

Posted on 14/12/2022 10:21 by THE Vanterrier

Posted on 14/12/2022 11:39

I also use and S9 and agree both the web site and the App are useless on a phone. They need to build a proper App.

peedee

Burgundy replied on 14/12/2022 11:51

Posted on 14/12/2022 11:25 by Takethedogalong

Going back to the old system has made searching life easier for those of us who use a lot of CLs. It’s possibly the best thing that could have happened from the CL owners point of view as well.

As for the Club admitting that any aspect of the new booking system isn’t fit for purpose…..not a prayer. 

Posted on 14/12/2022 11:51

Club reply on Trustpilot yesterday

brue replied on 14/12/2022 13:48

Posted on 14/12/2022 11:14 by Takethedogalong

InaD, DO NOT click on the Red search button, that’s where the problem is. That takes you to the new system. You need to click on the Book a CL picture link shown in the photo in an above post. 

Avoid that Red Search button if you can👍

Click sequence is Logo very top left of page, scroll down to picture box on Right of page that says Book a Certificated Location.

This should bring up the old search method for CLs. You just use as usual from there. 🤞

Posted on 14/12/2022 13:48

I think Ina was looking on the main site, my link was to the separate CL site where there is also a red button. "SEARCH A CL"

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-sites/certificated-locations/ 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook