New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Hja replied on 13/12/2022 20:31

Posted on 13/12/2022 20:31

But the Red Box Search for CLs used to show the map didnt it?  Still no link to full info from CLs identified via the map.

nelliethehooker replied on 13/12/2022 20:31

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:57 by Takethedogalong

InaD, click on the ice cream logo at the top, scroll down to “Book a CL” and it should come up with the original search for a CL webpage. It does for me, on an IPad. Good luck👍

Posted on 13/12/2022 20:31

Thanks, tda, have just tried it  on my Kindle, and I see that there are at present 2222 CLs listed, so still a few for my to visit!! 😁

DavidKlyne replied on 13/12/2022 20:56

Posted on 13/12/2022 18:42 by brue

Thanks for the update. I've just read on a Trust Pilot response that this change has been made.

Will CAMC inform the whole membership properly or is it left to forum contributors, FB and Trust Pilot?!!

Posted on 13/12/2022 20:56

Brue

I have flagged this up to Rowena in the hope we might get an update.

David

PS this is the answer to the review on Trustpilot where the Club say they have reverted to the original page. Just so you know I am not the David being replied to !

"Reply from Caravan and Motorhome Club (previously The Caravan Club)

9 hours ago
Hi David-Many thanks for the feedback. Just to let you know that we had a website release this morning to bring back the Certificated Location search and book page. You can access this via the following link and there have been some code changes to remove any references to the club site search: fal.cn/3uo4c
You can access this page from various places around the website, including the 'book a CL' link in the navigation and the homepage campaign block.
You can also view CLs and search by county and town through the following dedicated pages (you will need to be logged in to view contact details): fal.cn/3uo4e.
Have a lovely Christmas and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts~Jamie"

InaD replied on 13/12/2022 23:11

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:57 by Takethedogalong

InaD, click on the ice cream logo at the top, scroll down to “Book a CL” and it should come up with the original search for a CL webpage. It does for me, on an IPad. Good luck👍

Posted on 13/12/2022 23:11

Ttda, tried that, but still brings me to the new booking system, not the link David Klyne posted frown

InaD replied on 13/12/2022 23:19

Posted on 13/12/2022 18:18 by paulmold

You can also just scroll down from the 'green' booking form to the 'book a Certified Location' as shown in this screenshot

Posted on 13/12/2022 23:19

When I get the green booking form,it has the map at the side of it, and I don't get the options below it as in your screenshot.  Seriously thinking it's this tablet, or me, or both!  I'm not computer illiterate by any meaans, but this is really frustrating.  Perhaps it's getting too late, tomorrow is another day laughing

SteveL replied on 14/12/2022 08:16

Posted on 14/12/2022 08:16

Looking at the example I posted yesterday, you have a much better chance of actually finding it on the ground using the reinstated old system. I wonder what their intentions are. It seems a ridiculous situation to run two systems. So is this just a stop gap until they sort the new one and make it more like the old one. Then of course they still have to sort providing direction information for the main sites, unless they are also going to maintain the old site pages. That does not even seem to be mentioned in the planned updates.

young thomas replied on 14/12/2022 08:34

Posted on 14/12/2022 08:16 by SteveL

Looking at the example I posted yesterday, you have a much better chance of actually finding it on the ground using the reinstated old system. I wonder what their intentions are. It seems a ridiculous situation to run two systems. So is this just a stop gap until they sort the new one and make it more like the old one. Then of course they still have to sort providing direction information for the main sites, unless they are also going to maintain the old site pages. That does not even seem to be mentioned in the planned updates.

Posted on 14/12/2022 08:34

Agreed, maintaining two systems (software, hardware and the corresponding data) seems madness bearing in mind that one of the key reasons for moving forward was the technical 'unsustainability' of the old system. 

couple that with having to keep updating the old system every time a CL closes or opens or changes other key data and the club is making work for itself.

why not write one migration program to move all the missing old data into the new system and then carry out any maintenance there, all in one place?

A program like this must have been created to get to where we already are with CL data on the new system as part of the original migration. A quick tweak to add the missing bits and...

cyberyacht replied on 14/12/2022 09:01

Posted on 14/12/2022 09:01

The "new booking experience". Well, it's certainly an experience!

I can't wait to get my new Sites Directory and Map. Hopefully they haven't screwed that up as well.

brue replied on 14/12/2022 09:09

Posted on 13/12/2022 23:12 by InaD

Brue, I clicked on your link,then on the redsearch box, but still get the new booking page, beginning to think it's me undecided

Posted on 14/12/2022 09:09

Try clearing your browser history, that might work? Other than that the link should take you to the old search site where there is a red box with CL SEARCH and touching that it links to the old county and town searches. They do look a bit similar to the new booking system layout but they're not. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook