New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 14/12/2022 13:52

Posted on 14/12/2022 13:52

This is becoming too much of a DIY job.

I do hope the club issues a statement regarding the change, it's just a small group of us on here trying to help and it ought to be coming from CAMC.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/12/2022 15:49

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:49

I think I may have suggested, way back in the depths of this thread, that the Club should have concentrated just on its network sites rather than complicate matters by adding in CL's?  To me Club sites and CL's are two different things. In my view it would be better to have two separate App's, one for bookable sites and one for CL's. As part of the App if the CL had an email contact the app could be programmed to automatically create an email if you wanted more information or wanted to book. Another issue we have seen throughout this thread is that what you experience seems to be very dependent on what device you are using. Traditional PC's and Laptops seem to have fewer problems than tablets and phones and even here it might be down to the brand of phone/tablet you have which impacts on your ability to use the system successfully.

David

InaD replied on 14/12/2022 15:56

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:56

@Burgundy, Ttda and Brue

Thank you all for your patience, it really is appreciated.  I have tried to access the CL search from the website, not the app.  I followed your instructions, Burgundy and Ttda, but honestly, each time I follow those instructions and click on the Book a CL picture (as described in your posts, I've checked, it's the correct picture I'm clicking on, NOT the red box) I get the new system, not the link DK provided many pages ago now.

Brue, I also clicked on your link and followed that suggestion, but with the same result.

I notice Burgundy uses an iPad, and I think you do too Ttda; it really makes me think it's device specific, as I use Android.

All is not lost though, as I've bookmarked the link DK provided and that gves me the original search.  But once again, that's not really how it should work, how many members not on CT (or FB of course!) will be aware of it?

I agree brue, it really isn't good enough; as I've said before, I don't consider myself computer illiterate, far from it, as I've often been asked to help when someone can't find their way round something.

Thanks again for all your help and advice, it's one of the good things about CT laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2022 15:59

Posted on 14/12/2022 13:52 by brue

This is becoming too much of a DIY job.

I do hope the club issues a statement regarding the change, it's just a small group of us on here trying to help and it ought to be coming from CAMC.

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:59

Agree. I am of the firm opinion this Club couldn’t communicate about a party in a brewery successfully. 

SteveL replied on 14/12/2022 15:59

Posted on 14/12/2022 10:21 by THE Vanterrier

Is there something wrong with how the maps are rendered on my Samsung S9 phone or does CAMC really think this view is acceptable? There's hardly any map visible!

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:59

It’s a bit better, but still cluttered, on my iphone SE. I don’t get the list and map on the same page, there is a button to cycle between on both the web site and App.

The first two photos are the web site, the third the map on the App, which is a bit more restricted due to the additional buttons at the bottom and bigger header.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/12/2022 16:04

Posted on 14/12/2022 15:56 by InaD

@Burgundy, Ttda and Brue

Thank you all for your patience, it really is appreciated.  I have tried to access the CL search from the website, not the app.  I followed your instructions, Burgundy and Ttda, but honestly, each time I follow those instructions and click on the Book a CL picture (as described in your posts, I've checked, it's the correct picture I'm clicking on, NOT the red box) I get the new system, not the link DK provided many pages ago now.

Brue, I also clicked on your link and followed that suggestion, but with the same result.

I notice Burgundy uses an iPad, and I think you do too Ttda; it really makes me think it's device specific, as I use Android.

All is not lost though, as I've bookmarked the link DK provided and that gves me the original search.  But once again, that's not really how it should work, how many members not on CT (or FB of course!) will be aware of it?

I agree brue, it really isn't good enough; as I've said before, I don't consider myself computer illiterate, far from it, as I've often been asked to help when someone can't find their way round something.

Thanks again for all your help and advice, it's one of the good things about CT laughing

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:04

It might well be your system InaD. Years ago, anyone who used Apple devices was in the position you find yourself in now, so frustrating.

DK could well have hit a grain of truth as well. System devised for use at home on a Desk top or a laptop. Like we all tour with desktop onboard don’t we?🤷‍♀️ Shortsighted and pathetically inept reasoning springs to mind, but hey ho, what do I know🤷‍♀️

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2022 16:10

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:04 by Takethedogalong

It might well be your system InaD. Years ago, anyone who used Apple devices was in the position you find yourself in now, so frustrating.

DK could well have hit a grain of truth as well. System devised for use at home on a Desk top or a laptop. Like we all tour with desktop onboard don’t we?🤷‍♀️ Shortsighted and pathetically inept reasoning springs to mind, but hey ho, what do I know🤷‍♀️

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:10

I still only get a part of the club website,via the club WiFi and with an almost nil signal via my phone via the 3 network I have given up 

Although CT is working after a fashion it still freezes when trying to post or quote

PS was reading a review of Clumber Park by some one wth a phev? who cannot use the dedicated chargers as they are not working as there is no phone signal? I wonder who did not realise that

brue replied on 14/12/2022 16:30

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:04 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:30

Just to say I'm on Android 12, I'm wondering if people need this to see what's on the web site although I'm pretty sure it should work on slightly older systems..Well slightly sure!? wink

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2022 17:03

Posted on 14/12/2022 16:30 by brue

Just to say I'm on Android 12, I'm wondering if people need this to see what's on the web site although I'm pretty sure it should work on slightly older systems..Well slightly sure!? wink

Posted on 14/12/2022 17:03

Do you think that the IT dept at EGH are expecting all users of the booking system to buy the latest equipment and systems as theY get paid for each one soldsurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook