New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

huskydog replied on 14/12/2022 22:10

Posted on 14/12/2022 20:55 by brue

So sorry you've got more important things to do than post on here.....laughing

Posted on 14/12/2022 22:10

I will have to rearrange my life to give more time to post on CT cool

Tinwheeler replied on 14/12/2022 22:17

Posted on 14/12/2022 22:10 by huskydog

I will have to rearrange my life to give more time to post on CT cool

Posted on 14/12/2022 22:17

There’s no need, Husky,……really, there isn’t. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Happy booking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

huskydog replied on 14/12/2022 22:32

Posted on 14/12/2022 22:17 by Tinwheeler

Thereโ€™s no need, Husky,โ€ฆโ€ฆreally, there isnโ€™t. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Happy booking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Posted on 14/12/2022 22:32

Well , at least I can cool

replied on 15/12/2022 05:13

Posted on 14/12/2022 21:41 by DavidKlyne

Whats wrong with taking a laptop away with you, I have been doing it for years, all over the UK and Europe! I would recommend it. My current one has a 14 inch screen, decent processor. OK it's not quite as compact as a tablet but it is small enough not to take up too much room. It allows me to do word processing and spreadsheets which are more difficult on a tablet and I would think near impossible on a phone? Now, as I understand it, this new software is used elsewhere as a booking system, not sure whether it was for hotels or package holidays. Almost certainly it would have been run on proper PC's. Phones and tablets are fine if you want them to do relatively simple tasks. When away I use my phone to check banking, the state of heating at home (depending on time of year) and lots of other single task applications. This goes back to the point I was making, expecting to book holidays with deposits and view and gather information on CL's on a single App, when they are different requirements is over complicating things if you want to use a phone or a tablet. Even on a PC or Laptop it would be preferable that the two are separated for ease of use.

David

Posted on 15/12/2022 05:13

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 15/12/2022 07:32

Posted on 15/12/2022 07:32

This goes back to the point I was making, expecting to book holidays with deposits and view and gather information on CL's on a single App, when they are different requirements is over complicating things if you want to use a phone or a tablet.

The C&CC did it very sucessfully not only for their CSs and sites but also for Camping in the Forest. I used it with no trouble at all on my S9 phone this year to search for availability in the on line mode but there is also an off line function. Camping in the Forest is no longer available in the latest version of the App.. You can filter out any one of these or search them all by location and search for all the facilities you like.

Currently the App just searches for sites and CSs. There really should be no need to carry a laptop if all you want to do is browse the internet, check emails or search for sites and availability.

I hardly use my laptop at home these days let alone in the van. If I want to use excel or word when out and about, I can use MS365 on my 8 inch tablet and I keep files I might want access to when on the move in One Drive.

peedee

SteveL replied on 15/12/2022 07:40

Posted on 15/12/2022 05:13 by

I too take the laptop but dont always use it. We dont book sites and generally  know where we are going but on occasions have used as  you do especially if the weather is bad.

Posted on 15/12/2022 07:40

We used to take a lap top away before pads were common place and even a printer to print off sections of OS or IGN maps. However, we find pads much more convenient, I now down load maps onto it for van perusal and also the phone for taking out. As DK said not so good for spread sheets, but this year was the first time I have bothered with one. I designed it on the Desktop at home and once set up it was easy to update on the pad or even the phone. OH keeps a daily diary into which she puts photos on hers and doesn’t find any problems typing. Mine is good for my daily paper but although they are good for books. OH has a separate Kindle which is much better outside in light conditions. Abroad they get used for sorting the next site on various web sites or Apps. Here most is normally booked well in advance. Although even at home I tend to use the pad over the desktop for this task.

peedee replied on 15/12/2022 08:12

Posted on 15/12/2022 08:12

In addition to maps both OS and IGN, I also keep guide books on my tablet which I can read off line with the Kindle App.

peedee

young thomas replied on 15/12/2022 08:46

Posted on 14/12/2022 21:27 by Hja

Well, we are retaining our Club membership for the CL network.  We have been Club members for more years than I can remember, all the time we had caravans, and I think my parent were members as well.  We have never even considered joining the CCC, but we have now done so.  We dont usually use Club sites and we will see how we get on with both the CCC own sites and their CSs.  Maybe even their Temp Holiday Sites (which are clearly cheaper than the CAMC equivalent).  Then make a decision about which site to belong to in a year's time.

Because we dont usually use Club sites the deposit system doesnt impact on us, although I do think they have make an absolute hash of introducing it, and I think there are lots of bits that go beyond straightforward deposits that will come back to bite them e.g. the various, unclear charges for making minor changes to bookings.  I deplore the way they have treated CLs and members who use CLs - they just dont seem to care.  I understand the need for the Club to be financially secure and to be able to compete within the campsite part of the leisure industry, but I do feel that any "club member" ethos is rapidly disappearing.

Posted on 15/12/2022 08:46

Pretty much where we are...

CAMC...sites way too expensive for what they deliver, clean but basic offering. CLs still attractive and we will stay members for these. Don't even use Club for ferries these days as other options are cheaper, and have customer service offices open 24/7..useful when 'away'. Awful customer approach, latest booking debacle a case in point.

C&CC..sites similar to CAMC but with some different processes (booking). CS sites a useful complement to CLs. THS sites the 'unexpected' jewel in the C&CC crown, cheap, no booking, stay as long as you like, no deposits, no cancellation T/Cs, great town locations where 'proper' sites don't exist. 

young thomas replied on 15/12/2022 08:58

Posted on 14/12/2022 21:41 by DavidKlyne

Whats wrong with taking a laptop away with you, I have been doing it for years, all over the UK and Europe! I would recommend it. My current one has a 14 inch screen, decent processor. OK it's not quite as compact as a tablet but it is small enough not to take up too much room. It allows me to do word processing and spreadsheets which are more difficult on a tablet and I would think near impossible on a phone? Now, as I understand it, this new software is used elsewhere as a booking system, not sure whether it was for hotels or package holidays. Almost certainly it would have been run on proper PC's. Phones and tablets are fine if you want them to do relatively simple tasks. When away I use my phone to check banking, the state of heating at home (depending on time of year) and lots of other single task applications. This goes back to the point I was making, expecting to book holidays with deposits and view and gather information on CL's on a single App, when they are different requirements is over complicating things if you want to use a phone or a tablet. Even on a PC or Laptop it would be preferable that the two are separated for ease of use.

David

Posted on 15/12/2022 08:58

David, tablets are designed to allow folk to retain a browsing experience and to use other processes via apps WITHOUT a PC.

PC are usually mains powered (even to charge their batteries) and not everyone is touring with mains all the time. Tablets are so simple to use and charge with 12v USBs and are instantly available, and who wants to do 'word processing' and 'spreadsheets' away from home on tour?

either way, a long word type passage can easily be prepared in an iPad or similar, you don't have to choose between a PC and a small phone screen. With an iPad and iPhone, notes, mails documents are all instantly sync'd with each other. I take photos on a phone and they're ready on the ipad in seconds.

who really needs a laptop when all most want to do is tap into their favourite social media stream or check emails and do a bit of online stuff like banking.

organisations who are serious about giving everyone access to their company offering will have an app that runs successfully on IOS, Android etc for tablets and phones.

Those that can't/don't find themselves in the position CAMC is in, customers struggling, not happy and posting on social media about it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook