New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

paulmold replied on 13/12/2022 16:59

Posted on 13/12/2022 16:59

For your information: 

"The CAMC website (not the app) has now reverted back to the old style search facility for searching for CL sites. This is where you now get directed to when you click the 'book a certificated location' on the website."

DavidKlyne replied on 13/12/2022 17:00

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:00

Somebody has just posted on Facebook that if you go to the menu on the main website, rather than the new booking system,  it is now taking you back to the original CL search here  Has that been the case since the new system was introduced or is it perhaps a glitch or even an admission that the new system is not working for CL's?

David

JVB66 replied on 13/12/2022 17:20

Posted on 13/12/2022 16:59 by paulmold

For your information: 

"The CAMC website (not the app) has now reverted back to the old style search facility for searching for CL sites. This is where you now get directed to when you click the 'book a certificated location' on the website."

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:20

Thanks for that it is just the main sites booking system to revert to what was a user friendly booking system and it will work properly againcry

Takethedogalong replied on 13/12/2022 17:28

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:00 by DavidKlyne

Somebody has just posted on Facebook that if you go to the menu on the main website, rather than the new booking system,  it is now taking you back to the original CL search here  Has that been the case since the new system was introduced or is it perhaps a glitch or even an admission that the new system is not working for CL's?

David

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:28

Yep, it’s gone back to the original search page for CLs👍 Only taken three months for HQ to sort out, common sense has prevailed thank goodness. Not sure if CLs are still showing on the map search, but frankly don’t care as we much prefer this original set up.

InaD replied on 13/12/2022 17:44

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:00 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:44

The only way I can get the original CL search pages is by clicking on your link, David.  Is this device specific?  I've tried to click on "Find a UK site", then under "Search and Book" on the next page I've clicked on "Book a CL", but I then get directed to the new booking system.  When I click on "Find a UK site" then on the next screen click on "All UK sites" and then click on CLs, I also get directed to the new booking system.  Every time I've tried it's taken me back there, yet when I click on your link, I DO get the original CL search system.  

Reading the post above yours by Paul Mold it suggests you should get the original search by clicking on "Book a CL".  That certainly doesn't work for me, so I'll save your post with the link and bookmark the page; it's the only way I can access the original CL search. 

Edited to add I'm using a Samsung S6 Lite tablet on Android 12.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/12/2022 17:57

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:44 by InaD

The only way I can get the original CL search pages is by clicking on your link, David.  Is this device specific?  I've tried to click on "Find a UK site", then under "Search and Book" on the next page I've clicked on "Book a CL", but I then get directed to the new booking system.  When I click on "Find a UK site" then on the next screen click on "All UK sites" and then click on CLs, I also get directed to the new booking system.  Every time I've tried it's taken me back there, yet when I click on your link, I DO get the original CL search system.  

Reading the post above yours by Paul Mold it suggests you should get the original search by clicking on "Book a CL".  That certainly doesn't work for me, so I'll save your post with the link and bookmark the page; it's the only way I can access the original CL search. 

Edited to add I'm using a Samsung S6 Lite tablet on Android 12.

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:57

InaD, click on the ice cream logo at the top, scroll down to “Book a CL” and it should come up with the original search for a CL webpage. It does for me, on an IPad. Good luck👍

paulmold replied on 13/12/2022 18:18

Posted on 13/12/2022 18:18

You can also just scroll down from the 'green' booking form to the 'book a Certified Location' as shown in this screenshot

Wherenext replied on 13/12/2022 18:19

Posted on 13/12/2022 17:57 by Takethedogalong

InaD, click on the ice cream logo at the top, scroll down to “Book a CL” and it should come up with the original search for a CL webpage. It does for me, on an IPad. Good luck👍

Posted on 13/12/2022 18:19

Cheers Ttda, not that I've tried the new system much. Glad to wait for glitches to be sorted and I'm not going anywhere soon.😂

brue replied on 13/12/2022 18:42

Posted on 13/12/2022 16:59 by paulmold

For your information: 

Posted on 13/12/2022 18:42

Thanks for the update. I've just read on a Trust Pilot response that this change has been made.

Will CAMC inform the whole membership properly or is it left to forum contributors, FB and Trust Pilot?!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook