New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

DavidKlyne replied on 16/12/2022 09:23

Posted on 16/12/2022 09:23

Just seen a post on Facebook from someone who persisted with his concerns about the new system and actually got a more detailed response from the Club. The upshot was that the Club intend to issue a new release of both the website and the App around February next year. No specific details of what the issues the Club will be addressing in the new release. Whether this turns out to be a major revision or just just minor tweaks we will have to wait and see in the absence of any official updates here or on the website.

David

SteveL replied on 16/12/2022 09:32

Posted on 16/12/2022 09:23 by DavidKlyne

Just seen a post on Facebook from someone who persisted with his concerns about the new system and actually got a more detailed response from the Club. The upshot was that the Club intend to issue a new release of both the website and the App around February next year. No specific details of what the issues the Club will be addressing in the new release. Whether this turns out to be a major revision or just just minor tweaks we will have to wait and see in the absence of any official updates here or on the website.

David

Posted on 16/12/2022 09:32

I don’t suppose they are going to announce anything. After the one we have now was put back and back before it’s final rather chaotic release.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 16/12/2022 09:45

Posted on 15/12/2022 14:21 by young thomas

You wouldnt want to be using the inverter much this weather, not much in the way of sunshine to replace the power used.

we have 300w on the roof but even that can't collect something that isn't there. 
a simple tablet for browsing is far easier, IMHO.

I don't find letters or maps or other elements of a web page too small, just pinch or unpinch the screen to make it larger🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 16/12/2022 09:45

if you went away this time of year you would want ehu, it's too cold to be off grid, if we go off grid it's in the summer

JVB66 replied on 16/12/2022 09:52

Posted on 16/12/2022 09:52

That is what is needed a persistent member,to get any form of replies that may make sense of this debacle

It took me seven years of being persistent with a company to get a satisfactory resolution  as most organisations are hoping that the complainants will give up

Good for the member who kept at them

And then there are a Couple who post on here pps ting about continuing to complain who it seems do not have the stamina to keep at it

Although it proves yet again lack of communication to members on this clubs own website it took 4days for any further information about the CL,s update on here after all the other website already knew

Ps so how much of our money has this debacle cost so far with it seems another reissue next Feb maybe?

SteveL replied on 16/12/2022 10:14

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:14

Ps so how much of our money has this debacle cost so far with it seems another reissue next Feb maybe?

It depends what’s involved. All Apps / websites undergo constant updates. Some are minor bug, fixes, some more major and occasionally a complete overhaul / face lift. As an example there have been 25 updates to the iPad John Lewis App in the last 12 months.

Metheven replied on 16/12/2022 10:18

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:18

Is there a big problem that's worth getting in a 'tizzy' about, it just takes a little longer and a little more thought to negotiate the site and booking procedure. If I was worried, concerned or frustrated I rather wish this was at the top end of my list in the present climate. 

brue replied on 16/12/2022 10:20

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:20

On Trust Pilot CAMC say..."ironing out....problems that were not seen when simulating expected scenarios."

In other words the remit probably wasn't right in the first place. Did they actually listen to what members wanted, did they actually ask? I think most of us would have liked the ease of the original booking system with an additional payment facility attached. But I don't recall being asked.

brue replied on 16/12/2022 10:24

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:18 by Metheven

Is there a big problem that's worth getting in a 'tizzy' about, it just takes a little longer and a little more thought to negotiate the site and booking procedure. If I was worried, concerned or frustrated I rather wish this was at the top end of my list in the present climate. 

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:24

No of course it isn't but as most of us are paying members it doesn't hurt to question what is happening with our money. There are over 2000 posts on this thread.

Metheven replied on 16/12/2022 10:41

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:41

But over 2000 posts on the thread subject seems a little OTT, the point has been made and its just going around in an endless cycle. I could understand the frustration if the posts were from different members, but one on here must account for neartly half of them and another dozen the remainder (rough estimate)laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 16/12/2022 10:44

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:20 by brue

On Trust Pilot CAMC say..."ironing out....problems that were not seen when simulating expected scenarios."

In other words the remit probably wasn't right in the first place. Did they actually listen to what members wanted, did they actually ask? I think most of us would have liked the ease of the original booking system with an additional payment facility attached. But I don't recall being asked.

Posted on 16/12/2022 10:44

It’s a good job folks review Sites on TP (although strangely don’t seem to mention where🤷‍♀️) otherwise the Club’s overall rating would have plummeted further. As it is, the lack of communication and initial launch of the new booking system has possibly damaged the Club’s reputation.

The whole thing has improved, but it’s the not listening and effectively communicating that is my personal grievance with the Club. Senior Management seem utterly incapable of fronting any kind of meaningful apology to the overall membership. It’s left piecemeal to front line staff, working mainly from a script. Very disappointing.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook