New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 12:47

Posted on 17/12/2022 10:54 by Takethedogalong

Choice? I used to use my Kindle for internet browsing before I got an iPad. Worked very well. 

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:47

I agree it is choice but not as my primary source much like I only use my phone to access the internet when there is no other choice. Desk top every time for me and tablet when mobile, phone is the last choice.

peedee

Tammygirl replied on 17/12/2022 12:59

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:59

I've done a search for CLs which worked fine however when I look at each individual CL I don't see any price for it. All the other details are there but no price, have the club stopped displaying this or is the price somewhere I've not seen. I am logged in. 

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 13:51

Posted on 17/12/2022 13:51

I've just tried it on my Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, it's 1 year old. 

i presume the Fire is more designed for internet access rather than a reader?

peedee

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 13:55

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:59 by Tammygirl

I've done a search for CLs which worked fine however when I look at each individual CL I don't see any price for it. All the other details are there but no price, have the club stopped displaying this or is the price somewhere I've not seen. I am logged in. 

Posted on 17/12/2022 13:55

I think you must be using the new booking system rather than the "Certificated Location Search" which is on the Find a UK campsite drop down menu and takes you to the old CL search function.

peedee

InaD replied on 17/12/2022 16:42

Posted on 17/12/2022 13:55 by peedee

I think you must be using the new booking system rather than the "Certificated Location Search" which is on the Find a UK campsite drop down menu and takes you to the old CL search function.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 16:42

Peedee, when I click on your link I get the new booking system, not the old CL search function.  That's with my Samsung Android tablet, Android 12.  Yet, as I posted a few pages ago, on my nearly 5 year old Nokia 5 phone, which runs on Android 9, the link does indeed take me to the old CL search facility.  All totally bizarre undecided

KjellNN replied on 17/12/2022 17:27

Posted on 17/12/2022 17:27

I think it is poor that maybe the Club expect users to have the most up to date devices, as do some posting on here.

My i pad is 5 years old, OH's is now 4 years old, they both seem to work absolutely fine, other than on the CAMC website.

Why would we want to replace them?

Phones.......we get our  children's hand me downs, they are not that old, 3-4 years, yet still we have problems on CAMC website.

As pensioners on a pretty much fixed income, we cannot justify spending on the most up to date hardware.

+ 10% come April,  on part of my State Pension,  is not going to be a lot!

Cornersteady replied on 17/12/2022 17:45

Posted on 17/12/2022 17:27 by KjellNN

I think it is poor that maybe the Club expect users to have the most up to date devices, as do some posting on here.

My i pad is 5 years old, OH's is now 4 years old, they both seem to work absolutely fine, other than on the CAMC website.

Why would we want to replace them?

Phones.......we get our  children's hand me downs, they are not that old, 3-4 years, yet still we have problems on CAMC website.

As pensioners on a pretty much fixed income, we cannot justify spending on the most up to date hardware.

+ 10% come April,  on part of my State Pension,  is not going to be a lot!

Posted on 17/12/2022 17:45

But where does the club draw the line regarding old technology?

There has to be a cut off sometime? Five years? six? ten? Software is 'evolving' all the time and needs better hardware. My first windows computer wouldn't run some or even any of the stuff I have now.

Why would you want to replace them? Well if you want to use the club's software but as you say you don't use club sites what does it matter? But the club isn't expecting you or anyone to have anything it's just if you ant to use their services. Up to you.

Are you saying your main computer or laptop won't run the CAMC website? If it does use that? I can see if one is the type of tourer that is on the move all the time or doesn't like to plan but I get the impression you plan everything at home?

Your increase in the state pension is just irrelevant really as the club can't plan for you or anyone's else increase. So you're other pensions aren't going up btw?

Cornersteady replied on 17/12/2022 17:50

Posted on 17/12/2022 12:47 by peedee

I agree it is choice but not as my primary source much like I only use my phone to access the internet when there is no other choice. Desk top every time for me and tablet when mobile, phone is the last choice.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 17:50

I agree with you there, for anything I like my desktop and more importantly a large screen, actually two screens, and a full size keyboard. I don't like using my phone and only do it when I have to.

I also have to have a mouse, I just can't abide or use the pad things on laptops though everyone else (usually much younger than me) appears to manage.

peedee replied on 17/12/2022 18:10

Posted on 17/12/2022 16:42 by InaD

Peedee, when I click on your link I get the new booking system, not the old CL search function.  That's with my Samsung Android tablet, Android 12.  Yet, as I posted a few pages ago, on my nearly 5 year old Nokia 5 phone, which runs on Android 9, the link does indeed take me to the old CL search facility.  All totally bizarre undecided

Posted on 17/12/2022 18:10

ID, I have just tried it ion my Samsung Tab 2 Android V13 and it works fine. The only thing I can think of which you need to do is clear your cache.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 17/12/2022 19:02

Posted on 17/12/2022 18:10 by peedee

ID, I have just tried it ion my Samsung Tab 2 Android V13 and it works fine. The only thing I can think of which you need to do is clear your cache.

peedee

Posted on 17/12/2022 19:02

With good Internet presumelaughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook