New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

paulmold replied on 30/11/2022 09:39

Posted on 30/11/2022 09:39

You're using the spyglass search box. Surely the point of a booking sub-heading is that you use that. What you are doing is a work-around which should not be necessary.  That spyglass used to be  for searching the entire website,  now it's acting more like what is needed by clicking on 'book a site'.

young thomas replied on 30/11/2022 09:45

Posted on 30/11/2022 09:45

ET, I got this...is this what you mean...?

No listing of 18 towns, just a load of text based stuff from deep within the whole CAMC website. 

SteveL replied on 30/11/2022 09:56

Posted on 30/11/2022 08:56 by brue

David, I believe you booked your long stay in Spain well ahead to secure the pitch you wanted etc ( at least I think I recall this in your previous posts?). This is just the same approach for many here although such very long stays aren't possible and not always wanted and even in Europe they are now limited for UK citizens.

I'm sure you'd find it tiresome if your Spanish site introduced a new system that didn't work easily.

So I think it's reasonable to say that booking ahead is the norm for most and would be even better on a fully functioning system. It has improved over the weeks but there are a lot of fixes still .needed. smile

I would love to see a normal search engine, just CAMC sites and CLs, I don't want a London ice Rink or an East Grinstead Hockey club when looking for sites. I can't think why this passed muster.

Posted on 30/11/2022 09:56

I would love to see a normal search engine, just CAMC sites and CLs, I don't want a London ice Rink or an East Grinstead Hockey club when looking for sites. I can't think why this passed muster.

I don’t get that brue. If I search for sites, I just get sites / CL’s, although unfortunately it still includes European ones.

It is when I search for a location I get things like the hockey club. I wouldn’t expect sites to be listed  (other than in the pane) when searching location. Again it would be better if it excluded all but towns and villages, together with European place names.

As YT says if they used location services it might remove the European ones. However, given they are using Google it might be more difficult to remove train stations, hockey clubs etc, as they come up on a standard maps search. For me as long as they can get the place name at the top, as it does in a Google maps search, it is easy enough to ignore the stuff below, as I do with Google maps. Unless I want the hockey club of course.😀

KjellNN replied on 30/11/2022 10:01

Posted on 30/11/2022 10:01

I have a 3 year old i pad, if I use the spyglass search, I get the same as YT.

If I go into find a site and tick to include CLs, I get 20 sites, same as brue.

eurortraveller replied on 30/11/2022 10:27

Posted on 30/11/2022 09:45 by young thomas

ET, I got this...is this what you mean...?

No listing of 18 towns, just a load of text based stuff from deep within the whole CAMC website. 

Posted on 30/11/2022 10:27

Don’t stop with that. Open the second item of the page you showed me. 

young thomas replied on 30/11/2022 10:48

Posted on 30/11/2022 10:27 by eurortraveller

Posted on 30/11/2022 10:48

👍got it, thanks.

Agreed, simple once you've sussed the workaround but how long will the (old system) background data be available, I wonder?

replied on 30/11/2022 10:57

Posted on 30/11/2022 08:56 by brue

David, I believe you booked your long stay in Spain well ahead to secure the pitch you wanted etc ( at least I think I recall this in your previous posts?). This is just the same approach for many here although such very long stays aren't possible and not always wanted and even in Europe they are now limited for UK citizens.

I'm sure you'd find it tiresome if your Spanish site introduced a new system that didn't work easily.

So I think it's reasonable to say that booking ahead is the norm for most and would be even better on a fully functioning system. It has improved over the weeks but there are a lot of fixes still .needed. smile

Posted on 30/11/2022 10:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 30/11/2022 11:02

Posted on 30/11/2022 09:56 by SteveL

I don’t get that brue. If I search for sites, I just get sites / CL’s, although unfortunately it still includes European ones.

It is when I search for a location I get things like the hockey club. I wouldn’t expect sites to be listed  (other than in the pane) when searching location. Again it would be better if it excluded all but towns and villages, together with European place names.

As YT says if they used location services it might remove the European ones. However, given they are using Google it might be more difficult to remove train stations, hockey clubs etc, as they come up on a standard maps search. For me as long as they can get the place name at the top, as it does in a Google maps search, it is easy enough to ignore the stuff below, as I do with Google maps. Unless I want the hockey club of course.😀

Posted on 30/11/2022 11:02

If I look in on the C&CC booking system, whichever way I use it only C&CC sites or CS sites will appear on the searches. These can be linked to map searches too. The same on commercial site searches if I want carrots from Tesco I won't get carpets. wink

Basically an in house search list is always better.

KjellNN replied on 30/11/2022 11:17

Posted on 30/11/2022 10:27 by eurortraveller

Posted on 30/11/2022 11:17

Yes, looking at individual counties not using the site search facility has always worked, but when one is not familiar with the geography, a map showing them all, like you could get up on the old App, would be much better.

The map that comes up if you use the site search does not work easily on my machine, jumps around, freezes, very difficult to zoom in.  I am using Safari.

I liked the old App as there were decent filters for facilities etc.

Goldie146 replied on 30/11/2022 11:32

Posted on 30/11/2022 11:17 by KjellNN

Yes, looking at individual counties not using the site search facility has always worked, but when one is not familiar with the geography, a map showing them all, like you could get up on the old App, would be much better.

The map that comes up if you use the site search does not work easily on my machine, jumps around, freezes, very difficult to zoom in.  I am using Safari.

I liked the old App as there were decent filters for facilities etc.

Posted on 30/11/2022 11:32

I found (on iPhone 8) that if I put in, for example. "Lancashire" as the location, then tapped "open Map" I could expand and zoom in and out to see the whole of the UK. And select, for instance, a CL that said "view" and clicked on it's image near the ***** rating, it then showed all the CL details. If I wanted to safe the view, I would screenshot it.

This is using the Website - not the App.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook