New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 30/11/2022 12:30

Posted on 30/11/2022 11:02 by brue

If I look in on the C&CC booking system, whichever way I use it only C&CC sites or CS sites will appear on the searches. These can be linked to map searches too. The same on commercial site searches if I want carrots from Tesco I won't get carpets. wink

Basically an in house search list is always better.

Posted on 30/11/2022 12:30

I must be using it wrongly because that's exactly what I get when I run searches on the new booking system. A list of CC sites CL's and Affiliated. I will concede perhaps limited to 20 depending on the size of the search area, less if a place over if county.

I do prefer the format of the C&CC version. However, I believe it took them ages to get it sorted as well.

The App on the other hand, isn't an App and should be withdrawn and reissued when they have something similar to the previous version, with offline functionality. Other wise they shouldn't bother and just go with the web site.

brue replied on 30/11/2022 13:06

Posted on 30/11/2022 13:06

Haven't ever bothered with CAMC Apps but like the CLBooking App, it's good when something works well. smile

Hja replied on 30/11/2022 13:16

Posted on 30/11/2022 11:32 by Goldie146

I found (on iPhone 8) that if I put in, for example. "Lancashire" as the location, then tapped "open Map" I could expand and zoom in and out to see the whole of the UK. And select, for instance, a CL that said "view" and clicked on it's image near the ***** rating, it then showed all the CL details. If I wanted to safe the view, I would screenshot it.

This is using the Website - not the App.

Posted on 30/11/2022 13:16

Except that you don’t get all the details. No prices. No directions. No map coordinates. Often no info about type of surface. All that used to be available but to acces now needs a work around  I wouldn’t start looking to book without that info. I like to follow the directions on Google maps to see exact location, and the nature of approach roads.

Goldie146 replied on 30/11/2022 14:51

Posted on 30/11/2022 13:16 by Hja

Except that you don’t get all the details. No prices. No directions. No map coordinates. Often no info about type of surface. All that used to be available but to acces now needs a work around  I wouldn’t start looking to book without that info. I like to follow the directions on Google maps to see exact location, and the nature of approach roads.

Posted on 30/11/2022 14:51

Yes, I see that. But I was just showing that the user didn’t need to know what county was where, but you could zoom in and out of the map and scroll to see John o’Groats to Lands End and everywhere in between .

A bit of a Devil’s Advocate from someone who is not able to get away anywhere for some time. 

DJBut replied on 30/11/2022 17:39

Posted on 30/11/2022 17:39

The suggested clsites.co.uk is inadequate and not a replacement for the CAMC listing, if only that was readily viewable. The Lancashire and Cumbria mas show only only three sites each.

The CAMC website presentation of CLs is lacking in essential detail:

The position map shows no roads (beyond main roads) so it is impossible to determine the surroundings where the CL is situated.  The big square with site name and photo effectively blocks out all attempts to locate the site accurately. What a pathetic turn-about from the previous Google map presentation, together with satellite view.

There are no indicative prices shown, even though this can be one of the criteria for selecting a site. A local site was £7 per night (no facilities beyond the basics), but it is now reported to be £15. You can't blame that on electricity prices!

Are site viewers aware that clicking the stars presents user comments?  Where's the prompt to do so?

And have you discovered the POI filters?  Tourist attraction , train station, or zoo.  Who thinks up these things?

So many errors/omissions on this new CAMC website. NOT GOOD

JVB66 replied on 30/11/2022 18:20

Posted on 30/11/2022 17:39 by DJBut

The suggested clsites.co.uk is inadequate and not a replacement for the CAMC listing, if only that was readily viewable. The Lancashire and Cumbria mas show only only three sites each.

The CAMC website presentation of CLs is lacking in essential detail:

The position map shows no roads (beyond main roads) so it is impossible to determine the surroundings where the CL is situated.  The big square with site name and photo effectively blocks out all attempts to locate the site accurately. What a pathetic turn-about from the previous Google map presentation, together with satellite view.

There are no indicative prices shown, even though this can be one of the criteria for selecting a site. A local site was £7 per night (no facilities beyond the basics), but it is now reported to be £15. You can't blame that on electricity prices!

Are site viewers aware that clicking the stars presents user comments?  Where's the prompt to do so?

And have you discovered the POI filters?  Tourist attraction , train station, or zoo.  Who thinks up these things?

So many errors/omissions on this new CAMC website. NOT GOOD

Posted on 30/11/2022 18:20

It has been posted and spoken of before with reference to CL prices some could be two years or more out of date as it is up to the CL owner/operator to advise this club of any price increases as are any changes with ref to their CL

As for the operation of the  latest booking system most complaints are quite justfied

brue replied on 30/11/2022 18:52

Posted on 30/11/2022 18:52

The CL Booking app produced by a CL owner is here

www.CLbooking.co.uk  

It's an excellent site.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2022 21:39

Posted on 30/11/2022 17:03 by KJWD
Content has been removed.

Posted on 30/11/2022 21:39

Not really much use as in N Yorkshire it show a total of 15 CLs, nowhere near all the CL in that county!

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2022 21:44

Posted on 30/11/2022 18:52 by brue

The CL Booking app produced by a CL owner is here

www.CLbooking.co.uk  

It's an excellent site.

Posted on 30/11/2022 21:44

www.CLbooking.co.uk

This is fine, better than the other mentioned above, but still only list a small proportion of all the CL out there.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook