New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 28/11/2022 21:52

Posted on 28/11/2022 21:26 by eurortraveller

Martym,  We went to India. We decided where in the country we wanted to go. We booked somewhere to stay as we moved around.    Can’t you do that for your visit to Wales.?  Travel is simple.. 

Posted on 28/11/2022 21:52

The user and all related content has been deleted

Tinwheeler replied on 28/11/2022 22:02

Posted on 28/11/2022 21:26 by eurortraveller

Martym,  We went to India. We decided where in the country we wanted to go. We booked somewhere to stay as we moved around.    Can’t you do that for your visit to Wales.?  Travel is simple.. 

Posted on 28/11/2022 22:02

Comparing India to Wales for caravan touring - that’s a new twist on things🤣🤣🤣

Cornersteady replied on 28/11/2022 23:08

Posted on 28/11/2022 22:02 by Tinwheeler

Posted on 28/11/2022 23:08

Yes like (over there) cubed

replied on 29/11/2022 08:35

Posted on 28/11/2022 18:13 by MartynandKym

Thought I'd make another contribution on the suitability of the new booking system.  

I originally expected the worse when I heard there was to be a new booking system and made a lot of forward bookings, I'm so pleased I did!  

I have now started looking for CL sites to tour in 2023 and I have to say that after 30mins I have decided to give up (I have a short attention span).  

I set a few parameters in the filters, Hard standing, Toilets, Village/Town nearby.   The list of locations offered, (bearing in mind I had selected Wales) was as follows;

1.Wales. 2.Lancashire. 3.Yorkshire. 4.Staffordshire. 5.Lancashire. 6.Wales. 7.Leicester. 8.Lancashire. 9.Yorkshire. 10 Staffordshire. 11.Cheshire. 12.Lincolnshire !

Frankly there is no point in using the web site if this is the quality of the search engine, I'll stick to using the book.

So I thought I'd check Trust pilot to see what the general view of the members is on the new web site, knowing it wouldn't be too good. Not wanting to teach you guys how to suck eggs but when using Trust Pilot you must remember to search for the organic reviews.  These are true unsolicited reviews. The club 'invites' reviews which invariably are very good reviews and they completely distort the overall score given by Trust Pilot. 

I have tried to attach a screenshot of the Organic reviews dated today, but not sure if it will be attached.  The image shows that 11% of contributors give the club a 5 star rating, however 71% of contributors give the club a 1 star rating! We can't assume they are all members but they probably are if they are using the booking system.

Taking the 'invited' reviews into consideration the club claim 52% of members rate the club 5 star and only 8% rate the club 1 star, therefore achieving an overall score of 3.6 out of 5.

Just goes to show how you can adjust a truly bad rating by adding invited reviews to make the club seem its performing adequately.

Posted on 29/11/2022 08:35

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 29/11/2022 09:10

Posted on 28/11/2022 21:52 by

Many of us will have travelled in such a fashion. We have for sure. But that is not the point.

If one wishes to search for CLs in a specific part of the UK, on the Club website, when the Club offers the CL network, then surely there is an expectation that the website would yield the information easily?

Posted on 29/11/2022 09:10

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

young thomas replied on 29/11/2022 09:15

Posted on 29/11/2022 09:15

I don't generally 'do' Facebook but, as there was a link at the top of one of the Club pages, I thought I'd take a look....

what a disastrous PR machine that is for the club...hundreds of negative posts.

here's my take on the repeated format of the site, bearing in mind that most 'threads' are started as a promo by the club...

"visit our wonderful seaside campsites this year...."

"I tried but the booking system is dreadful so I gave up"..(me too, me too, me too....)

"I'm so sorry your experience was bad, rest assured we take all these comments on board and are working hard to put them right"

this scenario is repeated over and over again, the more PR posts being put out by the club, the more members are telling it that 'they'd love to' but can't use the system.

then we have the promos for CLs and the real fun starts....

moulesy replied on 29/11/2022 09:21

Posted on 28/11/2022 22:02 by Tinwheeler

Posted on 29/11/2022 09:21

Not completely new, T. Remember the complaint about club facilities compared to the "gold taps" in the washroom of an Egyptian hotel? laughing

TheWanderer2 replied on 29/11/2022 10:37

Posted on 29/11/2022 10:37

It appears that I've not visited the 'new' site to look for sites until yesterday. I'm not interested in booking club sites. Or indeed booking: I'm interested only in browsing CLs to find details/reviews/prices etc. before choosing and then calling selected ones as is intended. I no longer seem able to browse for the sites in a sensible way, and chunks of information that used to be available no longer is. And no price information. And no 'click through' to a specific page for the site. With reviews.

There are 244 pages (so far) on this thread. From my dipping in, the vast majority appear to relate to Club Sites and the booking thereof. To save me reading through 244 pages which will probably make me deeply depressed, can anyone advise whether I am right in my synopsis re. CLs? Or am I missing a trick re. the best way to browse for them and to access specific site information?

While I have a terrible suspicion I know the answer, it would be good to be properly informed.

brue replied on 29/11/2022 10:57

Posted on 29/11/2022 10:57

TheWanderer2. Your suspicions are right...

If looking for a browsing list eg sites near a town or in a county the new booking system will present you with a maximum list of 20 names. If it's a big county with a lot of CLs this could mean you'll see the first one starting with A and this might get as far B, you won't be able to browse any further and will need the map. All the other CLs will be missing from the list, not good for CL sites from C-Z etc.  The map might produce more results but if you've got a small device like a smart phone it could all take some time.

So no, browsing is out, frustration is in.....wink

The alternative is to click on CLs  in the find a UK campsite section and browse as before. As long as CAMC doesn't delete this section for the time being (which it intends to do) the old ways are the best!

brue replied on 29/11/2022 11:02

Posted on 29/11/2022 09:10 by

Actually it does work on my desktop pc. I needed to contact a CL to amend a booking and instead of using the handbook I searched the  online map. Found my CL noted the phone number and rang.

Posted on 29/11/2022 11:02

There is no need to use the new booking section and map if you know a CL name, just put it in the search box via the spyglass symbol at the top of this page.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook