New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 25/11/2022 08:59

Posted on 25/11/2022 07:23 by
Content has been removed.

Posted on 25/11/2022 08:59

What camping organisation  does he get paid most by,  as  with the complete it seems lack of interest in the membership of ths club he must be working for someone elsesurprisedyell

eurortraveller replied on 25/11/2022 09:08

Posted on 25/11/2022 08:28 by cyberyacht

At the moment, ISTM that the best tactic is to book direct with the site on the day or the day before.

Posted on 25/11/2022 09:08

CY, I agree with you - but it’s going to be hard for many Club members to break  their advance booking habit of a lifetime and adopt that way of doing things. I’m afraid there will be many more angry complaints on here about lost deposits before it happens.

Cornersteady replied on 25/11/2022 09:15

Posted on 25/11/2022 09:08 by eurortraveller

CY, I agree with you - but it’s going to be hard for many Club members to break  their advance booking habit of a lifetime and adopt that way of doing things. I’m afraid there will be many more angry complaints on here about lost deposits before it happens.

Posted on 25/11/2022 09:15

You're missing the point that these advance booking habits of a lifetime as you call them (for the second time) are required if one wants to use certain sites and be certain of getting a certain date. They are not habits, they are forced on people as club sites are so popular. 

You fly I believe (sorry if not and substitute something you do book for - ferries)? Did you just book on the day hoping there was a space?

brue replied on 25/11/2022 10:21

Posted on 25/11/2022 10:21

It probably will upset some in the year ahead if they haven't taken on board the new t&cs although CAMC is slightly better with a 21 day cut off, the opposition is 31 days.

I sympathise with life events and illness so it's always worth a call in some circumstances.

replied on 25/11/2022 12:05

Posted on 25/11/2022 12:05

Content has been removed.

replied on 25/11/2022 12:22

Posted on 25/11/2022 12:22

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

eurortraveller replied on 25/11/2022 15:52

Posted on 25/11/2022 12:22 by

There have been posts on here reporting  a less than welcome attitude from wardens to those who turn up on spec.  Indeed we finding ourselves running late to get home booked a club site on line and were greeted by "Oh you are the last minute bookers" 

Posted on 25/11/2022 15:52

Yes, they are not all selected for their inter personal skills, are they., I remember diving into Wincanton Racecourse ten years ago just few minutes before 8 pm. and saying Phew, just made it .

Now the staff training manual would give the warden a choice of replies  - Please sit down and relax, sir. or Did you come far sir ? or What was the traffic like, sir, or even Nice to see you again, sir, Or I will show you a vacant pitch, sir.

What I got was, There’s a pitch down that end, now let’s see if you can park properly. And he carried on chatting to the groupies who were clustered round him.

Ten years ago, and it sticks in my mind.

JVB66 replied on 25/11/2022 16:50

Posted on 25/11/2022 10:21 by brue

It probably will upset some in the year ahead if they haven't taken on board the new t&cs although CAMC is slightly better with a 21 day cut off, the opposition is 31 days.

I sympathise with life events and illness so it's always worth a call in some circumstances.

Posted on 25/11/2022 16:50

We or more I have decided that a look at the new (when received) directories of both clubs is to be our future method if going on a tour,to see what is in the next area of travel and a phone call to sites or cl/cs with disabled facilties for vacancies that day or day before in case we need to return home before moving on

JVB66 replied on 25/11/2022 18:50

Posted on 25/11/2022 18:50

I think the main reason of booking early was because of the lack of choice if left untill later,with the latest booking system and as advised to me just today the majority of bookings that this club have apparently received have been done via the call centres as extra have had to be implemented to cater for the big rise in phone call bookings

And this next year as the finance director.  said at the AGM "dark clouds are gathering" at IMHO it is not just the financial problems that members may find themselves in with the recetion we are in.

I think we may well be as it was when we first joined a touring club being pitches available when and where members want even at weekends at short notice

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook