New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 23/11/2022 14:28

Posted on 23/11/2022 14:28

IF I needed to make a site booking I think I would pick up the phone and use this clubs call centres,and let them sort itsurprised

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/11/2022 14:44

Posted on 23/11/2022 14:15 by paulmold

I use Chrome on Windows 10 and on Samsung tablet and it just isn't usable. 

Posted on 23/11/2022 14:44

They should’ve asked Amazon to build the new system, I use-Samsung tab & phone, iPad & iphone, plus Google pixel phone to order stuff & every item comes within 24hrs๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. Amazon IT services. . .That’ll do nicely๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‰

Takethedogalong replied on 23/11/2022 15:02

Posted on 23/11/2022 15:02

…..or Tesco…..three clicks and I can fill my basket with hundreds of products, get substitutions, pay remotely, and get special offers๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜

Hja replied on 23/11/2022 15:41

Posted on 23/11/2022 15:41

I just think there are so many variables here. As for browsers, lots of people use Firefox. It should be compatible with all main browsers.

The trial bookings I have made on a desk top running windows 8.1 and chrome seem to work fine. With the provisos that I picked site and dates, didn’t search and didn’t finally book, so may have gone haywire at that point.

Still lots of other things wrong however.

We have very standard internet speeds, no fibre, no fast internet.

Not being particularly knowledgeable about the inner workings of sites I do wonder is amount of traffic on the site as a whole is causing some of the issues for people.

DavidKlyne replied on 23/11/2022 17:03

Posted on 23/11/2022 11:47 by Lyke Wake Man

I have just received an email from the club about the new booking system, they have said what browser am I using, they state I should be using google chrome.

When Microsoft launched windows 10 they brought in Microsoft edge far superior then internet explorer, and far superior to Google, I don't think they know what is wrong themselves, I think the new system is designed for windows 11, and not fully compatible for older version

I have also just tried using Google chrome and it was worse

Posted on 23/11/2022 17:03

I use Chrome as my go to browser on my Windows 10 Dell desktop and the website seems to work fine for me. Like Brue I have only done trial runs and I have not encountered a problem. I do have a fibre connection but its only FTTC so nothing fancy. I always use a wired connection rather than WiFi which seems to give a more consistent connection. The website should work on any browser. Although I have never got on with Edge, personally prefered IE which I used for years. 

As an aside, when the mods had a day at Club HQ to test the original forum they were using Firefox as their standard browser but I imagine they may have changed by now?

David

peedee replied on 24/11/2022 06:56

Posted on 24/11/2022 06:56

On >this page< using the booking pop up, when I try to input dates to do a search the scroll bars do not function to change the month. I am using windows 10 and Firfox, does it work ok with Chrome?

It works fine on my Android V12 tablet!

peedee

brue replied on 24/11/2022 09:32

Posted on 24/11/2022 09:32

I had a quick look Peedee and you have to scroll up and down not sideways if that's any help, but that's Android 12. 

I'm not looking at the booking site any more( if it's avoidable,) a lot of us have " tested " it  and there are still errors and navigation issues. 

One thing I've noticed is the flurry of CAMC complaints on the C&CC Trust Pilot site...what a pity that some dive in before checking which site they are on. The C&CC I hope will wake up and notice why their ratings are going down .....๐Ÿ™„

Goldie146 replied on 24/11/2022 09:34

Posted on 24/11/2022 06:56 by peedee

On >this page< using the booking pop up, when I try to input dates to do a search the scroll bars do not function to change the month. I am using windows 10 and Firfox, does it work ok with Chrome?

It works fine on my Android V12 tablet!

peedee

Posted on 24/11/2022 09:34

On a Desktop running Chrome the side scroll bars only work if I use the wheel on my mouse. If I just click on them it just flicks back to the date screen

brue replied on 24/11/2022 09:51

Posted on 24/11/2022 09:51

In the interests of CT science I'm now on Chrome Book and it's the same, scroll up and down not side to side for the date screen.

peedee replied on 24/11/2022 10:04

Posted on 24/11/2022 10:04

Thanks for feedback Goldie and Brue, never thought of using the wheel to scroll. I do get the same result as you when I do. The other booking pages do not use scroll bars to change the date and work perfectly ok clicking on the arrows.

I have twice reported this page fault to the Club. It would probably be easier to remove the popup or make it passive. I don't see it is required?

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook