New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

clarinetman replied on 19/11/2022 14:36

Posted on 19/11/2022 14:36

To those who say it is a commercial organisation how many other commercial organisation are required to pay an annual membership fee? It may now pursue commercial objective ie screw as much money as possible from the paying public, but it is still a members club.

Cornersteady replied on 19/11/2022 15:26

Posted on 19/11/2022 14:36 by clarinetman

To those who say it is a commercial organisation how many other commercial organisation are required to pay an annual membership fee? It may now pursue commercial objective ie screw as much money as possible from the paying public, but it is still a members club.

Posted on 19/11/2022 15:26

A gym? AA/RAC/Mayday to name a few, but you're not really required to pay with any of them

I see it the CAMC as much like the above, if one wants to avail themselves of their services then one has to pay. Having said that it does still feel like a club to me. 

TimboC replied on 19/11/2022 15:48

Posted on 19/11/2022 15:26 by Cornersteady

A gym? AA/RAC/Mayday to name a few, but you're not really required to pay with any of them

I see it the CAMC as much like the above, if one wants to avail themselves of their services then one has to pay. Having said that it does still feel like a club to me. 

Posted on 19/11/2022 15:48

Me too CS

To suggest that it isn't a commercial organisation is naive. There are bills to pay like wages, pensions, site improvements etc etc. You only achieve that via commerce.

The same goes for Gyms, snooker clubs, or your local football club

In the end, call it want you want...club, business, commercial organisation, or whatever. I dare say there will now be loads of posts calling it all sort of other names, but the facts are these;

If you want to stay at Club sites, then joining will make those stays cheaper. If you want to avail yourself of the CL network, then joining will allow you access. If you don't want these, don't join. Its your decision.

You can also get discounts from a number of retailers like Cotswold. Blacks will give you a discount too, as they don't know the difference between CAMC and C&CC. There are those who will say that you'll get these discounts anyway without being a member. If thats the case, fine. Don't join.

If you think that CAMC is out there to screw its members, fine. Don't join.

I'm a member because I like the sites. I like the professionalism of site staff, and I like having access to a range of benefits that I use. If somebody else thinks that these things are worthless, pointless, over rated or a 'rip off', fine. Don't join

brue replied on 19/11/2022 17:06

Posted on 19/11/2022 17:06

A big section join so that they can rally with other members, probably the cheapest option on offer for anyone with a van (apart from free stays elsewhere.) The centre organisations contribute quite a lot to the social side of vanning and they are the ones who probably attend most of the meetings concerning CAMC as an organisation. I don't know what rally members think of the new booking system, I presume they don't have to use the new system to group book sites?! wink

gozomike replied on 20/11/2022 09:44

Posted on 20/11/2022 09:44

What a mess!

Trying to find details of sites is now impossible, the late availability page does not give any real information, trying to find your way around the web site is a nightmare. The old site was much easier to use and gave more information.

The new one looks as if it was created by first week students, I hope no one was paid to create such a mess.

paulmold replied on 20/11/2022 10:55

Posted on 20/11/2022 10:55

I just hope they get the new sites book and especially the map out soon so I can do some planning for next year.

JVB66 replied on 20/11/2022 11:29

Posted on 20/11/2022 11:29

And what with talk of putting the sites directory on line?.  ,at least although some of the information is out of date when we receivedt ,it is far more user friendly than what we now have as a booking system 

paulmold replied on 20/11/2022 12:17

Posted on 20/11/2022 11:29 by JVB66

And what with talk of putting the sites directory on line?.  ,at least although some of the information is out of date when we receivedt ,it is far more user friendly than what we now have as a booking system 

Posted on 20/11/2022 12:17

Exactly,  I simply can't use the new app (or website which seems to be the same thing) for anything other than knowing what site I want and when, unusable for browsing areas. Much easier to use Search4sites or UKcampsites and then phone cl/cs or independent sites but having the map open in front of you is much better for planning a tour. 

InaD replied on 20/11/2022 13:15

Posted on 20/11/2022 12:17 by paulmold

Exactly,  I simply can't use the new app (or website which seems to be the same thing) for anything other than knowing what site I want and when, unusable for browsing areas. Much easier to use Search4sites or UKcampsites and then phone cl/cs or independent sites but having the map open in front of you is much better for planning a tour. 

Posted on 20/11/2022 13:15

Totally agree.  I've tried using the system regularly, to try it out, but it's obvious that it's device specific, as to whether it works well.  I've read posts from people who say it works fine on their device; unfortunately it doesn't on my tablet (Samsung - Android) and phone (Nokia- Android).  That's not use, what's the point of a system that only works on certain devices?  

I too have read suggestions of searching for a site by name, that's not much use if you're looking somewhere you're not familiar with.  I want to be able to browse an area.

I never did receive the email asking whether I wanted a paper copy of the directory; however, I did find that by going into My Profile, it's also there, so made sure it was set to receive a paper copy.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 20/11/2022 15:14

Posted on 20/11/2022 13:15 by InaD

Totally agree.  I've tried using the system regularly, to try it out, but it's obvious that it's device specific, as to whether it works well.  I've read posts from people who say it works fine on their device; unfortunately it doesn't on my tablet (Samsung - Android) and phone (Nokia- Android).  That's not use, what's the point of a system that only works on certain devices?  

I too have read suggestions of searching for a site by name, that's not much use if you're looking somewhere you're not familiar with.  I want to be able to browse an area.

I never did receive the email asking whether I wanted a paper copy of the directory; however, I did find that by going into My Profile, it's also there, so made sure it was set to receive a paper copy.

Posted on 20/11/2022 15:14

another member told me that it works well on windows 11 or the latest iPad, I have neither of them, so I don't know myself

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook