New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 16:04

Posted on 18/11/2022 15:52 by DavidKlyne

Steve

Premier Inn do the same, although at although at usually a more marked difference in price. 

Are people making too much of possible loss of deposit? As it's a new thing are they fretting unnecessarily? The old system encouraged people to book on spec whereas now people have to be a bit more certain before making a booking. Such is life it is possible that we could all need to change plans at the last minute which risks losing the deposit but surely the reality is that it would happy rarely unless you were particularly unlucky. If people find themselves in a position where they are regularly losing deposits then maybe they need to consider booking much nearer the time rather than well in advance? I think one thing the Club could do which wouldn't really compromise the new booking system is to relax last minute minor changes. So if I have booked Thursday to Monday but for some reason I need to change that the Friday to Tuesday (assuming space is available) could the Club just make that change without any loss on the side of the member because afterall the Club are still getting the same amount of money from the booking. I think small changes like that would take some of the tension out of the booking system?

David

Posted on 18/11/2022 16:04

One problem with your last sentence proposal is that is common sense so will not tick any boxes as it seem is the only way things under modern ways seems would worksurprised

brue replied on 18/11/2022 16:59

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:32 by DavidKlyne

Brue

I can still see a link to Trustpilot and the bottom of the Club's main page? Just a shame that the energy expended on a third party site by the Club is not matched by comment here?

David

Posted on 18/11/2022 16:59

Thanks David, the link at the bottom of the page isn't visible on my phone but I can now see it on my Chrome Book but the other link on the "booking experience" section has gone I think?

I don't think removing it is going to make the overall situation better and I agree that responses are absent on the CAMC web site itself but judging by the large list of fixes much still needs to be done!

Tinwheeler replied on 18/11/2022 17:12

Posted on 18/11/2022 17:09 by TimboC

The link appears on every page, including booking experience. I'm looking at it now

Posted on 18/11/2022 17:12

It doesn’t appear on my Samsung Android phone either.

SteveL replied on 18/11/2022 18:09

Posted on 18/11/2022 17:09 by TimboC

The link appears on every page, including booking experience. I'm looking at it now

Posted on 18/11/2022 18:09

It is device dependent. On an iphone you have to touch on join the club before it appears, along with a button become a member.

Andyt21 replied on 18/11/2022 18:21

Posted on 18/11/2022 18:21

What a dreadful mess the new app booking system is. Ignores details you already hold, requires information you don’t need. Congratulations for providing such a bad experience. Even better I’ve just checked the booking has gone through. It shows the dates but not the location.  What a shower. 

SteveL replied on 18/11/2022 18:34

Posted on 18/11/2022 18:21 by Andyt21

What a dreadful mess the new app booking system is. Ignores details you already hold, requires information you don’t need. Congratulations for providing such a bad experience. Even better I’ve just checked the booking has gone through. It shows the dates but not the location.  What a shower. 

Posted on 18/11/2022 18:34

If you touch / click on view details it will show the location as well. I agree it is a serious deficiency not showing the location in the basic list.

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 19:19

Posted on 18/11/2022 19:19

It is Friday at a normally busy weekend site? we have been speaking to our new neighbours who have said that they thought it would be busier than it is

And one had still not realised that the booking system had been changed,

Next year will be very "interesting"as to what bookings this club will very possibly be down although apart from mid week discounts going several other financial issues for members will also be a factor,not helped with as other have said ,this club has  now reduced its attraction and is now on a par with most other pitch suppliers 

And as for the amount of bookings that has been already made? according to the marketing speak the bookings may be pitches only

brue replied on 18/11/2022 19:42

Posted on 18/11/2022 19:42

To be fair to CAMC they have said that discounts will hopefully be re-introduced.

Hja replied on 19/11/2022 11:29

Posted on 19/11/2022 11:29

I think David’s suggestion of the club not charging for minor changes is absolutely correct. I know some will say commercial organisations charge an admin fee for nay change, but this is a club with members. Yes, I know some  will say it is simply a commercial organisation, and I have some sympathy with that view. However, constitutionally it is a club and as such there should be some benefit to being a member, and this suggestion would be one.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook