New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

InaD replied on 20/11/2022 17:15

Posted on 20/11/2022 15:14 by Lyke Wake Man

another member told me that it works well on windows 11 or the latest iPad, I have neither of them, so I don't know myself

Posted on 20/11/2022 17:15

Nope, neither have I, and neither has OH.  And I'm certainly not investing in the latest iPad, just to be able to access the new booking system frown

RedKite replied on 20/11/2022 18:23

Posted on 20/11/2022 18:23

Well my OH decided to have a look at the new booking system and late availability and his words are not repeatable on here as retired IT he was not impressed so much should have been done before it was rolled out, so will not be looking at it again just glad I did next years bookings through the call centre.

JVB66 replied on 20/11/2022 19:54

Posted on 20/11/2022 18:23 by RedKite

Well my OH decided to have a look at the new booking system and late availability and his words are not repeatable on here as retired IT he was not impressed so much should have been done before it was rolled out, so will not be looking at it again just glad I did next years bookings through the call centre.

Posted on 20/11/2022 19:54

As so many other members are doing hence the extra call centre or is it centres to try to cope

Takethedogalong replied on 21/11/2022 10:48

Posted on 20/11/2022 15:14 by Lyke Wake Man

another member told me that it works well on windows 11 or the latest iPad, I have neither of them, so I don't know myself

Posted on 21/11/2022 10:48

I use an up to date IPad. The booking website works, but it’s a very longwinded procedure. I have only browsed the odd Club Site, trying to gauge availability, searching for CLs isn’t good at all. Not booked a Site so no idea of how well things work beyond browsing.

I have no issues with any other websites on my iPad. It’s the Club’s set up that doesn’t work well. 

SteveL replied on 21/11/2022 12:43

Posted on 21/11/2022 12:43

Also using an up to date iPad TDA and I honestly can’t see there is a problem with anything but trying to run a filtered search. Searching for a CL in an area of the UK on the database works, although clearly the information supplied by the booking site is deficient. Finding and booking a site is easy and although a little long winded, particularly the dates of birth, doesn’t take more than 5 minutes. That includes inputting card details, which of course was not required before.

I appreciate this isn’t true for all devices and is not even the case for older Apple products. This new booking system does seem to require a reasonable amount of system memory and a decent processor, otherwise it just stutters. Unfortunately the CC aren’t unique in this respect, it was the reason I replaced my iPad, the old one still works fine. It just does not run quite a few things,

Cawsey replied on 21/11/2022 13:43

Posted on 21/11/2022 13:43

I find that the new club booking system ,is far to complicated . The seems to be a lot of flowery things like maps . Lets take to booking for Ferries. The first is routes ,you have to put a destination in for Portsmouth ,because there are so many. But for few others no need .

Now when entering dates ,this is very flaky, Don't know why  the  APPLY was added.,. Just select start date ,and enter in the box and then  end/ return date . Why we have to have that calendar display .It some times confuses itself and swaps  the start and return dates .

If you interrupt the start and return entries by moving the screen ,it seems to get lost for a while .

This used to be the easiest website to use for booking anything ,it now appears to be not so 

I think it is still the beta system needs more testing .

eurortraveller replied on 21/11/2022 15:23

Posted on 21/11/2022 13:43 by Cawsey

I find that the new club booking system ,is far to complicated . The seems to be a lot of flowery things like maps . Lets take to booking for Ferries. The first is routes ,you have to put a destination in for Portsmouth ,because there are so many. But for few others no need .

Now when entering dates ,this is very flaky, Don't know why  the  APPLY was added.,. Just select start date ,and enter in the box and then  end/ return date . Why we have to have that calendar display .It some times confuses itself and swaps  the start and return dates .

If you interrupt the start and return entries by moving the screen ,it seems to get lost for a while .

This used to be the easiest website to use for booking anything ,it now appears to be not so 

I think it is still the beta system needs more testing .

Posted on 21/11/2022 15:23

Cawsey, Please don’t try and over simplify booking a ferry.by omitting the destination. It’s surely wise when you are booking a ferry from Dover to say whether you are going to Calais or toDunkirk, from Plymouth to Roscoff or toSantander, homeward from Cherbourg to Poole or to Portsmouth, homeward from Roscoff to Plymouth or to Cork - and the rest Irish routes are a complete spiders web.

replied on 22/11/2022 14:04

Posted on 21/11/2022 15:23 by eurortraveller

Cawsey, Please don’t try and over simplify booking a ferry.by omitting the destination. It’s surely wise when you are booking a ferry from Dover to say whether you are going to Calais or toDunkirk, from Plymouth to Roscoff or toSantander, homeward from Cherbourg to Poole or to Portsmouth, homeward from Roscoff to Plymouth or to Cork - and the rest Irish routes are a complete spiders web.

Posted on 22/11/2022 14:04

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Lyke Wake Man replied on 23/11/2022 11:47

Posted on 23/11/2022 11:47

I have just received an email from the club about the new booking system, they have said what browser am I using, they state I should be using google chrome.

When Microsoft launched windows 10 they brought in Microsoft edge far superior then internet explorer, and far superior to Google, I don't think they know what is wrong themselves, I think the new system is designed for windows 11, and not fully compatible for older version

I have also just tried using Google chrome and it was worse

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook