New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 24/11/2022 10:17

Posted on 24/11/2022 10:17

There are so many faults needing attention Peedee I hope we see improvements.

Takethedogalong replied on 24/11/2022 14:18

Posted on 24/11/2022 09:32 by brue

I had a quick look Peedee and you have to scroll up and down not sideways if that's any help, but that's Android 12. 

I'm not looking at the booking site any more( if it's avoidable,) a lot of us have " tested " it  and there are still errors and navigation issues. 

One thing I've noticed is the flurry of CAMC complaints on the C&CC Trust Pilot site...what a pity that some dive in before checking which site they are on. The C&CC I hope will wake up and notice why their ratings are going down .....🙄

Posted on 24/11/2022 14:18

Re your last paragraph Brue…. I noticed the same a couple of weeks ago, some folks are definitely confused when reviewing some things. Unlike the CAMC, the CCC have solved their Trustpilot negativity quite simply……….

They don’t care🤣

brue replied on 24/11/2022 19:02

Posted on 24/11/2022 19:02

Yes CAMC staff are slogging on with their polite replies to all the complaints about the new booking system, I wonder when senior staff will lend a hand?! 

TerryA replied on 24/11/2022 20:07

Posted on 24/11/2022 20:07

We have been members since 1996 and now note that not only are club sites as expensive and even more expensive than 'regular' sites but that the new booking system isn't fit for purpose. Surely the Club must be embarrassed by this situation. Because of a funeral that we wish to attend we wanted to amend our booking and stay at the same site but during the following week, however we were met with losing our deposit, having to pay a new deposit and pay a cancellation/amendment fee. It was cheaper to cancel and lose our £25 deposit. Can this be seen to be OK with the Club.

We could have cancelled more than 21 days before our visit but following the death of a friend or relative the funeral is never on that timescale and we do not have a crystal ball!

We have always used club sites - every year since 1996 but now will consider other sites that are of comparable standard and often cheaper.

Can the club tell us why we should continue being members?

eurortraveller replied on 24/11/2022 20:29

Posted on 24/11/2022 20:29

Terry, I am sorry you have lost a friend and that is worse than losing £25. Take it on the chin.

But I think you are going to continue to use some Club sites so it would be best to retain your membership.

Regsrds 

DavidKlyne replied on 24/11/2022 20:35

Posted on 24/11/2022 20:07 by TerryA

We have been members since 1996 and now note that not only are club sites as expensive and even more expensive than 'regular' sites but that the new booking system isn't fit for purpose. Surely the Club must be embarrassed by this situation. Because of a funeral that we wish to attend we wanted to amend our booking and stay at the same site but during the following week, however we were met with losing our deposit, having to pay a new deposit and pay a cancellation/amendment fee. It was cheaper to cancel and lose our £25 deposit. Can this be seen to be OK with the Club.

We could have cancelled more than 21 days before our visit but following the death of a friend or relative the funeral is never on that timescale and we do not have a crystal ball!

We have always used club sites - every year since 1996 but now will consider other sites that are of comparable standard and often cheaper.

Posted on 24/11/2022 20:35

Terry

No contrition in the latest magazine!!!! Just a few updates on what they have done and what they are about to do plus pointing out that thousands of members have successfully booked something like 300,00 pitches since it went live.

On your other point about losing a deposit because you wanted to attend a funeral. There is some anecdotal evidence that some people, when contacting the club direct, that they have received a sympathetic hearing regarding illness and the like. I imagine there are no set rules and it will depend on the individual circumstances. I think many have been shocked by the quite severe penalties imposed when wanting to amend a booking by the odd day especially as the Club does not actually lose money if you swap one day for another. It might be worth your while contacting the Club to discuss it?

David

Cornersteady replied on 24/11/2022 21:29

Posted on 24/11/2022 21:29

Really sorry to hear of your very sad news and can understand how you feel with the club, but from what I have seen other comparable sites no matter what the cost have far worse T&C with paying up front more than three weeks in advance and losing all if you then cancel. 

That is no consolation to the way you feel and nor is it meant to be but something to consider as only you can decide if memberships is worth continuing.

As said by DK someone did post to say they were initially refused a refund but when they contacted the club directly things changed.

replied on 25/11/2022 06:36

Posted on 25/11/2022 06:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 25/11/2022 07:23

Posted on 25/11/2022 07:23

Content has been removed.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook