New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SJG16 replied on 26/11/2022 10:39

Posted on 26/11/2022 10:39

Do you know when there will be an improvement in the booking system?  I'm not complaining about the fact we pay deposits (although I'm not keen) but more the user experience with booking.  I don't mind needing to put in details of party etc but please can I only do it once somewhere in my profile etc so that i don't have to keep putting in children, dates of birth, car length etc etc.  Its really annoying.

Also it doesn't seem to let you choose an area eg peak district when trying to find a site like I used to.

you have to name a site or you get the whole map that is a bit clunky to zoom in etc and it retains earlier year dates so is trying to check availabilty at the same time.

Finding it really frustrating.

Starting to wonder if membership is worth it as I found the old booking system great. now it feels like hard work to book

JVB66 replied on 26/11/2022 10:48

Posted on 26/11/2022 10:39 by SJG16

Do you know when there will be an improvement in the booking system?  I'm not complaining about the fact we pay deposits (although I'm not keen) but more the user experience with booking.  I don't mind needing to put in details of party etc but please can I only do it once somewhere in my profile etc so that i don't have to keep putting in children, dates of birth, car length etc etc.  Its really annoying.

Also it doesn't seem to let you choose an area eg peak district when trying to find a site like I used to.

you have to name a site or you get the whole map that is a bit clunky to zoom in etc and it retains earlier year dates so is trying to check availabilty at the same time.

Finding it really frustrating.

Starting to wonder if membership is worth it as I found the old booking system great. now it feels like hard work to book

Posted on 26/11/2022 10:48

How does it go. surprised"how long is a piece of string"

CT has had problems that have still not been rectified after several yearssurprised

Just use the call centres as I have been told is the simple soluyinto the future 

Laurie Liz Manning replied on 26/11/2022 11:57

Posted on 26/11/2022 11:57

Sent 3 weeks ago an email with all the details Ferry Crossing and campsites we wanted to stop with all info re dates etc.

Finally got a reply with details of two crossings, and told to contact if I needed more help etc.

Cannot use auto booking on line as we have a credit (due to covid) to use.

Telephone club and had to wait 27mins for someone to answer. Asked to speak to the person who sent me the email re crossings. The person I spoke to said he would send an email asking the lady to contact me urgently as she works from home.It's now 9days and no call.

At this time of year lots of members will be booking to go abroad and we need more bums on seats at Office and not at home. Service Please. First time I have complained re club.cool  

Officeboy replied on 26/11/2022 13:02

Posted on 26/11/2022 13:02

being so high on graphics if you have a slow internet just freezes, also trying to book CL's  no prices showing and very little info showing

brue replied on 28/11/2022 09:36

Posted on 28/11/2022 09:36

Made me smile yesterday, I tried out the location search, it has improved slightly but a long way to go. I experimented and put in East Grinstead (where CAMC is based) and the first one up was the East Grinstead Hockey Club. Anyone who's been on the receiving end of a hockey stick bearing down on them will know the effect that has...maybe more oomph is also needed in the IT dept ?!! wink

SteveL replied on 28/11/2022 10:18

Posted on 28/11/2022 09:36 by brue

Made me smile yesterday, I tried out the location search, it has improved slightly but a long way to go. I experimented and put in East Grinstead (where CAMC is based) and the first one up was the East Grinstead Hockey Club. Anyone who's been on the receiving end of a hockey stick bearing down on them will know the effect that has...maybe more oomph is also needed in the IT dept ?!! wink

Posted on 28/11/2022 10:18

The hockey club only comes up if you continue and type East Grinstead in full, as it’s then looking for places in EG. As soon as I had typed East, East Grinstead UK was top of the list. More annoying is that the second one down is East Side Gallery in Berlin.

The above quirks apart it now works well. Search on East Grinstead UK and it comes up with a map and list covering about a 15 mile radius around EG with Alderstead Heath and 11 CL’s.

brue replied on 28/11/2022 10:28

Posted on 28/11/2022 10:28

You're right Steve, I think both of us are adept at playing with the system ie testing it. 

Obviously the removal of non uk places is still not complete. Seems like a lot of work "after the event" which must be adding to costs?

MartynandKym replied on 28/11/2022 18:13

Posted on 28/11/2022 18:13

Thought I'd make another contribution on the suitability of the new booking system.  

I originally expected the worse when I heard there was to be a new booking system and made a lot of forward bookings, I'm so pleased I did!  

I have now started looking for CL sites to tour in 2023 and I have to say that after 30mins I have decided to give up (I have a short attention span).  

I set a few parameters in the filters, Hard standing, Toilets, Village/Town nearby.   The list of locations offered, (bearing in mind I had selected Wales) was as follows;

1.Wales. 2.Lancashire. 3.Yorkshire. 4.Staffordshire. 5.Lancashire. 6.Wales. 7.Leicester. 8.Lancashire. 9.Yorkshire. 10 Staffordshire. 11.Cheshire. 12.Lincolnshire !

Frankly there is no point in using the web site if this is the quality of the search engine, I'll stick to using the book.

So I thought I'd check Trust pilot to see what the general view of the members is on the new web site, knowing it wouldn't be too good. Not wanting to teach you guys how to suck eggs but when using Trust Pilot you must remember to search for the organic reviews.  These are true unsolicited reviews. The club 'invites' reviews which invariably are very good reviews and they completely distort the overall score given by Trust Pilot. 

I have tried to attach a screenshot of the Organic reviews dated today, but not sure if it will be attached.  The image shows that 11% of contributors give the club a 5 star rating, however 71% of contributors give the club a 1 star rating! We can't assume they are all members but they probably are if they are using the booking system.

Taking the 'invited' reviews into consideration the club claim 52% of members rate the club 5 star and only 8% rate the club 1 star, therefore achieving an overall score of 3.6 out of 5.

Just goes to show how you can adjust a truly bad rating by adding invited reviews to make the club seem its performing adequately.

eurortraveller replied on 28/11/2022 21:26

Posted on 28/11/2022 21:26

Martym,  We went to India. We decided where in the country we wanted to go. We booked somewhere to stay as we moved around.    Can’t you do that for your visit to Wales.?  Travel is simple.. 

brue replied on 28/11/2022 21:36

Posted on 28/11/2022 21:36

Euror, I've never searched for a CL in India but on the new booking system there are omissions that need attention.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook