New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 10:07

Posted on 18/11/2022 10:00 by Cornersteady

I fail to see what band wagon I'm jumping on? Could you explain? Also what points am I scoring?

I replied to your post with a few points of my own, that's all.

JVB you posted:

there should be a dedicated team or phone number for just that sort of alteration or cancellation because of similar situations

the should be implies  it is not there now, but now you post:

there is a dedicated team? and/or phone number has it Ben advised to members?

I'm confused

JVB - which is it?

Posted on 18/11/2022 10:07

I wonder why there is a question mark undecided please read post firstwink

SteveL replied on 18/11/2022 12:12

Posted on 18/11/2022 12:12

It was posted on here recently that perhaps the club could introduce a policy similar to hotels, with a higher price allowing cancellation without penalty. Just received an email from Travelodge. I could book a room at £29.99 and would loose it all if I cancelled, or pay £32.99 and cancel up to noon on the day of arrival without penalty.

Weather has a much greater bearing on take up with our hobby than booking a travel lodge. I would suggest that many would take up the offer of paying £6 extra for their weekend stay and of course could cancel without penalty when the conditions were not to their liking. 

For it to work in relation to weekends, which have always been an availability issue, it would have to be substantially higher than a £3 a night premium.

TimboC replied on 18/11/2022 12:16

Posted on 18/11/2022 12:12 by SteveL

It was posted on here recently that perhaps the club could introduce a policy similar to hotels, with a higher price allowing cancellation without penalty. Just received an email from Travelodge. I could book a room at £29.99 and would loose it all if I cancelled, or pay £32.99 and cancel up to noon on the day of arrival without penalty.

Weather has a much greater bearing on take up with our hobby than booking a travel lodge. I would suggest that many would take up the offer of paying £6 extra for their weekend stay and of course could cancel without penalty when the conditions were not to their liking. 

For it to work in relation to weekends, which have always been an availability issue, it would have to be substantially higher than a £3 a night premium.

Posted on 18/11/2022 12:16

Agreed. I had similar in Brighton the other week and paid a £10 premium

I have emailed the Club suggesting that they consider something similar

cyberyacht replied on 18/11/2022 13:02

Posted on 18/11/2022 13:02

" Lets not forget that its the minority who post here so the views expressed are not representative."

ONS use sampling to provide the census figures. They no longer get every household to fill in a form. Are the statistics used to manage the country "not representative"?

AS for Covid cancellations, AIUI there is ( inexplicably)no requirement to isolate now and a booking could, in theory, therefore be fulfilled.

Goldie146 replied on 18/11/2022 13:43

Posted on 18/11/2022 13:02 by cyberyacht

" Lets not forget that its the minority who post here so the views expressed are not representative."

ONS use sampling to provide the census figures. They no longer get every household to fill in a form. Are the statistics used to manage the country "not representative"?

AS for Covid cancellations, AIUI there is ( inexplicably)no requirement to isolate now and a booking could, in theory, therefore be fulfilled.

Posted on 18/11/2022 13:43

"ONS use sampling to provide the census figures. They no longer get every household to fill in a form."

I think that is uncorrect . Every household is legally obliged to complete the 10 year census. With penalties if they do not.

Sorry - totally off topic! But I am more interested in Census returns than repetitive arguments on here.

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 13:53

Posted on 18/11/2022 13:43 by Goldie146

"ONS use sampling to provide the census figures. They no longer get every household to fill in a form."

I think that is uncorrect . Every household is legally obliged to complete the 10 year census. With penalties if they do not.

Sorry - totally off topic! But I am more interested in Census returns than repetitive arguments on here.

Posted on 18/11/2022 13:53

I was advised that although it is a legal obligation to fill in the census there are quite a few from the last censuses that are still outstandingsurprised

DavidKlyne replied on 18/11/2022 15:52

Posted on 18/11/2022 12:12 by SteveL

Posted on 18/11/2022 15:52

Steve

Premier Inn do the same, although at although at usually a more marked difference in price. 

Are people making too much of possible loss of deposit? As it's a new thing are they fretting unnecessarily? The old system encouraged people to book on spec whereas now people have to be a bit more certain before making a booking. Such is life it is possible that we could all need to change plans at the last minute which risks losing the deposit but surely the reality is that it would happy rarely unless you were particularly unlucky. If people find themselves in a position where they are regularly losing deposits then maybe they need to consider booking much nearer the time rather than well in advance? I think one thing the Club could do which wouldn't really compromise the new booking system is to relax last minute minor changes. So if I have booked Thursday to Monday but for some reason I need to change that the Friday to Tuesday (assuming space is available) could the Club just make that change without any loss on the side of the member because afterall the Club are still getting the same amount of money from the booking. I think small changes like that would take some of the tension out of the booking system?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook