New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 18/11/2022 09:30

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:30

Content has been removed.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/11/2022 09:32

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:15 by brue

Ref earlier posts. If we could get back to more serious matters regarding the new booking system?

Have the club removed links to the Trust Pilot site where ratings have plummeted from 5* to 3.6*. ?

The club is advertised as a top rated site but is this true after all the concerns being raised. Are senior management going to respond?

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:32

Brue

I can still see a link to Trustpilot and the bottom of the Club's main page? Just a shame that the energy expended on a third party site by the Club is not matched by comment here?

David

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 09:33

Posted on 17/11/2022 11:19 by Tinwheeler

I don't think the T&Cs are particularly restrictive, JV, and they are more generous than those of many other holiday companies. What they do lack is clarity which leaves too many grey areas.

I don't believe CAMC should make any allowance for age in terms of deposit refund leniency. Illness strikes folk of all ages and, realistically, if we reach the stage of having numerous conditions and appointments, perhaps we should reconsider our future in LV-ing. There is no point at all in any business taking deposits if they then refund or credit them for each and every cancellation or alteration. It is incumbent on each of us to make our own judgement before parting with our cash as to whether we are prepared to forfeit it if necessary.

As for site wifi, it's always been rubbish.

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:33

Why would they need to give vouchers to all ? I was posting with ref to this clubs (as posted by others)demographic ,I have since read that a member with covid got a voucher as reimbursement after contacting some one? at the club ,there should be a dedicated team or phone number for just that sort of alteration or cancellation because of similar situations 

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 09:44

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:25 by TimboC

Theres a link to TrustPilot at the bottom of this page Brue.

The Club is still top rated in my view, as I critique them on the quality of the sites I visit, not on the booking system.

The system, in my view, is fit for purpose and I have had no problems using it

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:44

With 235 pages on just this website with the biggest majority having difficulties with the latest booking debacles',that is where apart from a tiny minority this club has lost its credibility as a front runner

I do not think anybody is complaining about this clubs sites yet ? 

young thomas replied on 18/11/2022 09:44

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:44

Fit for purpose depends a lot on the purpose required...

if you want to book a site and you know where and, roughly, when you want to go then it's not too difficult....I've done a few sample bookings as the system has 'evolved' and have got through to the actual booking process. 

this in itself might be another hurdle, payment options confusing and perhaps not accurate with defaults that can catch the unwary out..

move along to those customers who are searching in unfamiliar areas of the country and are hoping the system will bring back options they can explore (sites and CLs) and the usefulness falls off a cliff edge.

availability info is much harder to find and drill down data on CLs still resides in an 'old' system and a workaround has to be employed to access it.

certainly not 'there' yet by a long way.

many, many major companies sell products (far more SKUs than the few variables on a pitch type that the club sells) and one can find stock levels, delivery info and prices at a click or two..

even something like Brittany Ferries has a super slick system, selling 'pitches' (places) on a number of 'sites' (ships) on different dates, just like the Club needs to. BF even have the extra component of which route the ship is on.

it's just so easy to browse routes, stock of places/cabins, timings and prices, all without putting in DOB or even passenger names. Only when you move to complete a booking does all this 'stuff' become a requirement.

It's as if the club has never even checked out a decent modern 'holiday' booking system.

Cornersteady replied on 18/11/2022 09:47

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:33 by JVB66

Why would they need to give vouchers to all ? I was posting with ref to this clubs (as posted by others)demographic ,I have since read that a member with covid got a voucher as reimbursement after contacting some one? at the club ,there should be a dedicated team or phone number for just that sort of alteration or cancellation because of similar situations 

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:47

I can't find any reference to vouchers in TW's post? And as the member did get a carry forward of his deposit after contacting the club I assume the 'team' already exists.

But this was for Covid reasons (and rightly so at this time) but where does the club draw the line for medical conditions to be eligible?

As said by TW if people sadly have medical conditions that they can't commit to the club's T&C then the club isn't the place to go to.

SteveL replied on 18/11/2022 09:50

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:25 by TimboC

Theres a link to TrustPilot at the bottom of this page Brue.

The Club is still top rated in my view, as I critique them on the quality of the sites I visit, not on the booking system.

The system, in my view, is fit for purpose and I have had no problems using it

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:50

I agree re your statement on the trust pilot rating and to an extent on the booking system. However, I would modify it to read the system is ( just about) fit for purpose on the devices I use and the manner I use it. 
It does not seem fit for purpose on other devices / browsers and certainly isn’t for those that wish to use its functionality, such as the filters. Also perhaps a minor point, but 8 weeks in and still no link to leaving a review and site directions. A work around is required.

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2022 09:57

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:44 by young thomas

Fit for purpose depends a lot on the purpose required...

if you want to book a site and you know where and, roughly, when you want to go then it's not too difficult....I've done a few sample bookings as the system has 'evolved' and have got through to the actual booking process. 

this in itself might be another hurdle, payment options confusing and perhaps not accurate with defaults that can catch the unwary out..

move along to those customers who are searching in unfamiliar areas of the country and are hoping the system will bring back options they can explore (sites and CLs) and the usefulness falls off a cliff edge.

availability info is much harder to find and drill down data on CLs still resides in an 'old' system and a workaround has to be employed to access it.

certainly not 'there' yet by a long way.

many, many major companies sell products (far more SKUs than the few variables on a pitch type that the club sells) and one can find stock levels, delivery info and prices at a click or two..

even something like Brittany Ferries has a super slick system, selling 'pitches' (places) on a number of 'sites' (ships) on different dates, just like the Club needs to. BF even have the extra component of which route the ship is on.

it's just so easy to browse routes, stock of places/cabins, timings and prices, all without putting in DOB or even passenger names. Only when you move to complete a booking does all this 'stuff' become a requirement.

It's as if the club has never even checked out a decent modern 'holiday' booking system.

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:57

As quoted to me by some IT competent site staff , a  booking system primarily designed for overseas bookings via ferries,was never going to be successfully"bolted on to  encompas the UK booking systemsurprised

Cornersteady replied on 18/11/2022 10:00

Posted on 18/11/2022 09:50 by JVB66
Content has been removed.

Posted on 18/11/2022 10:00

I fail to see what band wagon I'm jumping on? Could you explain? Also what points am I scoring?

I replied to your post with a few points of my own, that's all.

JVB you posted:

there should be a dedicated team or phone number for just that sort of alteration or cancellation because of similar situations

the should be implies  it is not there now, but now you post:

there is a dedicated team? and/or phone number has it Ben advised to members?

I'm confused

JVB - which is it?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook