New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/11/2022 13:47

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:43 by peedee

Funny old world, I agree the communication from the Club is dire but 3 months ago I was leaning towards leaving the Club but now all thoughts have been put to oneside. Put in electric metering and I will quite content to keep up my membership even though I do not use sites and services as much as in the past.

peedee

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:47

We each make our choices, PD.

It's not just communication, although that is a large part of it, but attitudes towards members in squeezing every penny from customers and lowering quality while proclaiming "we are working very hard" which, clearly, does not extend towards improving efficiency and competence.

replied on 16/11/2022 14:13

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:13

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 16/11/2022 14:25

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:13 by

I have made mine too . I care not about the booking system as  it will barely affect me. However I will  retain my membership to enable me to use other CAMC  services tailored to caravanners like me that are hard to find elsewhere .

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:25

They no longer have services to suit me, David, but if you feel you get vfm for your £56, then you’ll be happy.

Aren’t their offerings equal for caravanners and MH-ers?

Lyke Wake Man replied on 16/11/2022 14:25

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:03 by Hja

If you put the name of the CL in the magnifying glass search engine then you get results from which you select the CL and get the original page which includes the price (with all the usual caveats about CL prices) Also allows you to see coordinates and directions.

You don’t even need to be in the booking section of the site. This works on desk tops running windows, and Chrome and also on my I pad.

I agree it is not the previous link to the full site details that we used to have, although one of the proposed fixes is to bring that link back.

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:25

Thank You hja

I have just tried this on windows 10, it works & I hope it will continue to work

replied on 16/11/2022 14:33

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:25 by Tinwheeler

They no longer have services to suit me, David, but if you feel you get vfm for your £56, then you’ll be happy.

Aren’t their offerings equal for caravanners and MH-ers?

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:33

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 16/11/2022 14:36

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:36

I would imagine we are like a lot of others. Happy enough to remain members, because it means we can use sites that we like. The way the new system was introduced was ridiculously unprofessional, however it is working well enough now to service our needs. Price wise I don’t see them as much different to a lot of other offerings. Some are less, some more and of course there are T&C’s to consider. The C&CC is only cheaper due to age related discount. Who knows if that will continue. What is certain, is that the loss of the clubs USP won’t make them our default provider  as in the past. It is therefore extremely likely we will be using them less than in previous years.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/11/2022 14:43

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:36 by SteveL

I would imagine we are like a lot of others. Happy enough to remain members, because it means we can use sites that we like. The way the new system was introduced was ridiculously unprofessional, however it is working well enough now to service our needs. Price wise I don’t see them as much different to a lot of other offerings. Some are less, some more and of course there are T&C’s to consider. The C&CC is only cheaper due to age related discount. Who knows if that will continue. What is certain, is that the loss of the clubs USP won’t make them our default provider  as in the past. It is therefore extremely likely we will be using them less than in previous years.

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:43

It clearly suits you to remain a member, Steve, but it’s no longer for me. 

peedee replied on 16/11/2022 14:43

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:13 by

I have made mine too . I care not about the booking system as  it will barely affect me. However I will  retain my membership to enable me to use other CAMC  services tailored to caravanners like me that are hard to find elsewhere .

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:43

Its not too difficult to find services elsewhere, perhaps not as good as RP when it comes to travel but the cost savings are great and I have come to the conclusion I just do not need all the bells and whistles RP charge for. RP won't even consider me without a phone call and I know, from past conversations, what the outcome will be, an arm and a leg. Out of interest this year I asked for a quote to insure my motorhome, it was twice the price of my current insurer with whom I renewed. As an added bonus the renewal also included breakdown cover as well.

peedee

Cornersteady replied on 16/11/2022 14:56

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:36 by SteveL

Posted on 16/11/2022 14:56

A full +1 apart from the default provider. As long as the club continues to offer the same high level of quality on its sites then I'll continue to use them. I wonder if actual site provision may start to decline but until that happens I and I suspect others will continue to use them.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook