New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 16/11/2022 06:30

Posted on 15/11/2022 20:39 by nelliethehooker

But one cannot easi!y compare prices across the board, which one could easily do previously. Yet another retrograde step!

Posted on 16/11/2022 06:30

What do you mean by across the board?  You can certainly compare prices for any date in the year for a site and as Steve says it is much easier to check. If you want to compare them with another site then there is such a thing a pen and pencile or you could ask the Club to include the price on the "Comparison" function. It would seem an obvious thing to do at some stage.

The old site is history and as I rarely used such functions and am getting quite used to the new system, I am having a hard time remembering how the old one worked

peedee

cyberyacht replied on 16/11/2022 09:09

Posted on 16/11/2022 09:09

One wonders if the problems with the booking system will result in less bookings for CL's apart from any possible reduction in bookings at CAMC sites and, as a result, precipitate many CL's in deciding it is no longer worth it and close. A significant reduction in the CL network is a distinct possibility.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/11/2022 09:34

Posted on 16/11/2022 09:09 by cyberyacht

One wonders if the problems with the booking system will result in less bookings for CL's apart from any possible reduction in bookings at CAMC sites and, as a result, precipitate many CL's in deciding it is no longer worth it and close. A significant reduction in the CL network is a distinct possibility.

Posted on 16/11/2022 09:34

I do like a good conspiracy theory👍🏻🙂. This isn’t the1st discompose with CAMC as I well remember the grand harumph of the name change that too was going to destroy CAMC/CL’s due to so many ‘considering’ leaving in disgust. This is just another one that will be overcome by the passage of time. It’s a blip-an annoying one for sure but a blip & it will calm in time just as all the others have👍🏻

Lyke Wake Man replied on 16/11/2022 10:23

Posted on 15/11/2022 11:59 by peedee

Once you have brought up the site details for which you are interested in, click on "Check availabilty" and enter your party details and the prices of the party will be displayed on the calendar for each day if their are vacancies for the dates. Select any month of interest and the price will be similarly shown. They dynamically change as you alter the months.

peedee

Posted on 16/11/2022 10:23

that only works on club sites, it won't give you the price of a C.L.

the old system did, so if a C.L. was charging the same as a club site you didn't bother, but with this new system you have to phone them up to find out

young thomas replied on 16/11/2022 10:36

Posted on 16/11/2022 09:34 by Rocky 2 buckets

I do like a good conspiracy theory👍🏻🙂. This isn’t the1st discompose with CAMC as I well remember the grand harumph of the name change that too was going to destroy CAMC/CL’s due to so many ‘considering’ leaving in disgust. This is just another one that will be overcome by the passage of time. It’s a blip-an annoying one for sure but a blip & it will calm in time just as all the others have👍🏻

Posted on 16/11/2022 10:36

I agree over the name change...folk were still able to book their breaks without any change...however, I think this runs a bit deeper.

without a doubt, this has seriously hacked many members off, far mo so that the cosmetic and meaningless '..and Motorhome' addition, despite its ridiculous cost.

the difference now is that, some folk on some platforms, are really struggling to make sense of what's happened where even the workarounds don't work on some platforms.

add in the sneaky price rises alongside the open handed ones and these been a  serious hike in getting away.

compound this with general inflation and, specifically, high fuel costs, plus the rumour of more 'leccy' price rises and folk won't be going away on a whim like they did a year ago.

I certainly think CAMC have cured its 'availability' issue, but perhaps not in the way they thought.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/11/2022 12:55

Posted on 16/11/2022 12:55

I generally agree with you too BB but. . .I have been here long enough to see the multitude of folk threaten to ‘not renew’ they are still posting with ‘member’ under their avatar. It will go on until pain is felt due to lost revenue. I’ve voted-it’s me not renewing because I use many other options👍🏻

Hja replied on 16/11/2022 13:03

Posted on 16/11/2022 10:23 by Lyke Wake Man

the old system did, so if a C.L. was charging the same as a club site you didn't bother, but with this new system you have to phone them up to find out

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:03

If you put the name of the CL in the magnifying glass search engine then you get results from which you select the CL and get the original page which includes the price (with all the usual caveats about CL prices) Also allows you to see coordinates and directions.

You don’t even need to be in the booking section of the site. This works on desk tops running windows, and Chrome and also on my I pad.

I agree it is not the previous link to the full site details that we used to have, although one of the proposed fixes is to bring that link back.

peedee replied on 16/11/2022 13:25

Posted on 16/11/2022 10:23 by Lyke Wake Man

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:25

or the availability which the old site also did not do. I expect the link to the CL page will be added in due course where there is a price indicator but you were and are always advised to ring the CL to check the price to avoid surprises.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 16/11/2022 13:31

Posted on 16/11/2022 12:55 by Rocky 2 buckets

I generally agree with you too BB but. . .I have been here long enough to see the multitude of folk threaten to ‘not renew’ they are still posting with ‘member’ under their avatar. It will go on until pain is felt due to lost revenue. I’ve voted-it’s me not renewing because I use many other options👍🏻

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:31

Good on you, Rocky.

Me too but the wheels of CAMC turn exceedingly slowly as ever. Two months ago I made the decision to put my money where my mouth is by not paying further membership fees to an organisation which treats its members with such disdain.

peedee replied on 16/11/2022 13:43

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:31 by Tinwheeler

Good on you, Rocky.

Me too but the wheels of CAMC turn exceedingly slowly as ever. Two months ago I made the decision to put my money where my mouth is by not paying further membership fees to an organisation which treats its members with such disdain.

Posted on 16/11/2022 13:43

Funny old world, I agree the communication from the Club is dire but 3 months ago I was leaning towards leaving the Club but now all thoughts have been put to oneside. Put in electric metering and I will quite content to keep up my membership even though I do not use sites and services as much as in the past.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook